Chapter 22

Forgotten Memories

You felt your head throbbing. You sat up lazily, eyes half closed. You looked down at your side and Daehyun wasn't there. You grabbed your phone.    11:30   

"Mwoyah.. he didn't even wake me up" You got out of bed looking for Daehyun. You walked around not finding him yet until you smelled food. You walked to the kitchen and found Daehyun making you breakfast. 

"oppa" You said in a sleepy tone. He turned around then smiled at you. 

"o! you're up" He said walking over to you. You took a step back when he was now in front of you. 

"waegeurae?" He said confused. 

"I still didn't washup" You said covering your mouth with one hand. He chuckled and held onto your shoulders turning you around away from him. He pushed you gently to the bathroom upstairs. You both stood in front of the mirror. He wrapped his arms around you and rested his chin on your shoulder. You looked at his reflection. 

"Washup, then come downstairs for breakfast. I'll also need to give you some medicine, you must be sober now" He kissed your cheek and then smiled. He rubbed your shoulders and then walked out of the bathroom. You were so lucky to have someone like Daehyun. Sure when he gets mad he flips out, but you still think you wouldn't be here without him. Coming to think of it, you realised how much he changed. He was a colder person when you met him after you had forgotten everything. 

 

You sat down on the chair in the kitchen table and rested on your left hand. Daehyun put the last dish on the table. 

"wahh, this is all for breakfast?" You sat sitting up properly. He sat down across from you nodding. 

"Chal mogessimnida!" You said cheerfully grabbing your chopsticks and tasting everything. Daehyun smiled at your reaction to the taste. It tasted amazing. You sat there talking about how good the food tasted like. He just talked about how it was tiring and you should be doing the cooking. You kicked his leg from under the table and he laughed. You finished eating but ofcourse he was still eating everything that was left over. You took your dishes to the sink and washed them. You then grabbed Daehyun's dish after he was done and just when you were about to start washing it he grabbed it from you. 

"You, go sit. Naega halkae(I'll do it)" He said smiling. You pouted taking off the gloves. "Ah, you're pills are out on the table in the living room. Go take them" He said loud enough for you to hear while you were walking away. 

"arrasseo" You yelled back. You took your pills and sat down on the couch.

*Flashback*

 You went and grabbed some more warm water and a towel and started dabbing it on his face. He suddenly grabbed your arm and your widened in shock. He slowly opened his eyes and starred at you blankly.

He pulled you closer and starred into your eyes. "Let's go on a date, just the two of us." He said. Was he joking? Who would ask that question out of the blue? You couldn't help but just stare back into his eyes. He seemed dead serious.

You smiled. That was the start of everything, or should you say re-start since it was after you have forgotten your memories. It was funny how he came out and said it in a tough way. 

"Why are you smiling like that?" He said plopping down next to you on the couch putting his arm around you. 

"I just realised how much you changed" 

"What do you mean?" He said looking at you. 

"You were a jerk." You said laughing. 

"Naega onjae?! (When was I)" he said in a defensive tone while nudging you a bit. 

"You used to go to clubs and get drunk, you also had girls touching you all over the place. Ch. pabo." You pouted not facing him. "You also shouted at me in the car! When I had no clue what you were talking about!" You said pointing at him.

"I was an idiot, I didn't know you lost your memory paboya, put yourself in my shoes" He flicked your forehead. 

"I would've been nice to you if you acted more like a gentleman! You put your self in my shoes!" You said turning to him. "Aigoo chincha" You said in a frustrated tone. You crossed your arms and looked away from him. 

"Wae? Hwanasseo? (are you mad)" He said.

"eo. I'm still mad." You said not looking at him. He smirked. 

"Ay this girl. Wae ddo? (what now)" He said landing the softest yet lightest punch on your head. 

"Why would you get drunk and have girls touching you? Was that fun?" You said turning to face him. 

"eo. It was." He said sounding serious. You glared at him then turned away. He started laughing at your reaction. "I'm kidding" 

"chsh" You said under your breath not wanting to hear anymore from him. 

"It felt lonely. I thought I would feel less lonely by going out to clubs where I'd be surrounded by a lot of people. Or like you said, having girls around me." You rolled your eyes. "I tried forgetting you" You froze. You turned your face to his. 

"Wae?" You said bringing your arms down form crossing them. 

"I thought I didn't deserve you. Even now, I still don't." he looked down. He looked back up. "Because of me you got hit by the car. Because of me you lost your memories. Because of me you went through much more pain mentally and physically. Because of me, because of me, because of me. Everything is my fault" You clutched onto your now aching heart. 

"Anya, If I hadn't gone that night we both wouldn't be in this state. Mianhae oppa" You said holding his hand. 

"You never explained to me why you were there anyway" He glarred at you. You chuckled and began to explain.

 

*Back in time*

"Do what you want then!" He yelled at you throwing his jacket on the ground. 

"Fine! I will!" You stormed into your room and grabbed your coat. You wore your shoes and left the house slamming the door. You had nowhere to go. You walked the dark streets feeling uneasy. 

 

He opened the door after you rung his doorbell so many times. His hair was messy and he was half asleep. His eyes windened when he saw you. 

"So-soyeon?" Youngjae's dark eyes seemed to light up. 

"Mianhae oppa, I know it's late but I don't have anywhere to go" You said feeling embarrassed. This was the third time you had gone to him late at night. He let out a big sigh. 

"You had an argument again?" You nodded. He opened the door for you letting you in. 

"Gomawo Youngjae-ah" You took off your coat and placed it on the hanger next to the door. You slipped your feet into some home slippers and walked upstairs to his room. You threw yourself on the couch closing your eyes. 

"Yah, irona(get up)" He said poking you with his slippers. 

"waee" You said crossing your eyebrows with your eyes still closed. 

"I'll take the couch, go sleep on the bed." 

"Kwenchana" You said sleepy. 

"ironaa" He said poking you again. You ignored him. "stop~ I'm too tired" you said turning your back to him. 

"You won't get up?" You ignored him again. There was a moment of silence until you suddenly felt arms lift you up. 

"Yah! No mwoyah!" You said opening your eyes shocked trying to get out of his grip. He threw you on his bed and then put his hands in his pockets. 

"keunyang cha (just go to sleep)" Your eyes were still wide in shock. You scoffed as you watched him sleep on the couch. 

"Pabo" You muttered under your breath laying down on the bed.

"I heard that" 

"So?" You said covering yourself with the blanket. 

"Do you want to sleep on the streets?" He said in a calm threatning tone. 

"Mian (short for sorry)" You covered your mouth and then closed your eyes drifting off to sleep.

 

"Geu jashik.. (that jerk) had the nerve to carry you in his arms!" He started his sentence off slow then picked up the pace along with his tone. 

"Just listen!" You slapped his arm.

 

You woke up to your phone vibrating. Your eyes widened at how many messages Daehyun sent you. You sat up quickly. 

"eottokhae?!" You washed up quickly and you were making so much noise. Youngjae heard shuffling and noise so he eventually woke up. 

"Mwoyah.. Why are you making so much noise so early in the morning" he said scratching the back of his head.

"What are you talking about! It's like 4!" 

"But we slept at 2.." He said sounding sleepy. You smacked the back of his head. 

"AH. Why do you always hit me?!" He said souding defensive finally fully awake. 

"Daehyun is gonna be more mad at me because I'm not home yet"

"At least eat before you leave" You paused what you were doing and remembered the things Daehyun told you. 'He told you to get lost and do you what you want' you reminded yourself. You scoffed, heck you're not going home now. You spend the rest of the day with your best friend Youngjae, just watching TV and eating. The sun was setting and you felt like you needed to go before Daehyun chopped you into pieces. 

"Gomawo Youngjae, I'm also sorry for bursting into your house at 2" You laughed while standing at the front of the door. 

"Anya, come here anytime" he smiled. 

"Eyy, I can see the lie in your eyes" You said pointing at his face. He laughed and you waved at him. 

"You sure you don't want me to take you back?" 

"Kwenchana, I'll be fine" 

"Give me a call when you reach home!" He said holding the door. 

"Arrasseo" You smiled and waved. He waved back smiling and he closed the door going back inside. You walked a few meters until your eyes drifted to someone in view. Daehyun was standing there. 

"D-daehyun?" your eyes widened. He scoffed at you with his hands in his pockets. You realised he had the wrong thought since you were coming out of Youngjae's house. 

"Daehyun it's not what you think" you said chasing your boyfriend who is now fast walking the streets.

"I knew it would end up like this"

"It's not what you think you've got it-" he cut you off.

"All wrong?" You looked down and stayed quiet.

"Then why were you spending the night there, without telling me, why were you spending the night there in the first place WAE" He rose his voice at you. Everyone starred. The sun was setting down.

"Daehyun-ah just give me time to explain!" you grabbed his arm as he was soon to be walking away.

"Don't touch me" He shoved off your hand and walked away speeding up. 

 

"Paboyah, always assuming the wrong things" You said flicking his forehead. *So Youngjae didn't do anything..* 

"Why do you tell me this now?! Why not at that moment!" He said pushing you playfully making you fall on the couch. 

"Mwoh.. YAH! You're the one that walked away not giving me a chance to talk!" You said sitting back up. 

"Mianhae" He said rubbing your shoulders. 

"whatever." He smiled thinking you were cute. 

"Yobeo (darling)" Your eyes widened. 

"Hajimah. It feels weird when you say that" 

"Yobeo~" He said tackling you on the couch. 

"Get off!" He layed on top of you smiling. He kissed your nose. 

"What the hell is wrong with you today.." You said trying to push him off. 

"I'm just happy" He said smiling widely. 

Ding Dong

Daehyun got off of you and headed to the door. You sat up and watched him walk away. You waited for Daehyun while looking through instagram on your phone. You noticed he was taking a while. 

"Oppa?" You waited for a reply. You got up and walked to the door. 

"oh, Ahjumma!" You said smiling. She was finally back. Daehyun came back into the house carrying her suitecase. She  smiled back and you brought her in for a hug. 

"Have you been well?" She asked you with a smile. You nodded smiling back. 

"I am going to get some rest from my long trip" She said reaching for her suitcase. Daehyun pushed her arm away softly and carried the suitcase to her room while she followed. You headed back to the living and sat down. You were looking through your photos in your phone until you came across a picture of you and your dad. 

"APPA STOP" He kept beating up your mom. You ran infront of her and spread out your arms as a sheild. 

"PIKYO (move)" He screamed and tried to get to your mom. You hugged your mom and he whipped your back with his belt. Your father reaked the smell of alchohol and the smell of woman's perfume. A tear slipped down your face but your didn't scream once after that. 

You shook that thought away and tried calming down. You were feeling scared all of a sudden. What if he's looking for you? What if he has something planned for you? What if he- 

"ahh~" You shook slightly in surprise. It was only Daehyun wrapping his arms around you. 

"Kwenchana?" He said noticing your pale face. You nodded and calmed down. He leaned in and kissed your nose. 

"We haven't been out in a while, do you wanna go somewhere?" He asked bringing you into his chest. 

"mm I don't know, you pick" You said sitting up properly. He layed down on your lap and played with your fingers. 

"hm. Okay then, let's go to the super market" He said looking up at you. 

"Super market?" You asked confused. He nodded. You played with his brown soft hair. 

"Arrasseo, super market it is" You smiled. He payed you back with a smile. 

 

"Anya~ oppa let's not take this cart" You whined.

"It's the same thing!" Daehyun replied back laughing. You stomped your feet and pointed at the pink cart. This super market had different colors of carts for fun and you had always picked either the pink or the purple. You kept whining and stomping your feet. 

"Hajima, no aegyo obsseo (you don't have aegyo)" He said teasing you. You continued to whine until he switched carts. You both walked around putting in the things you needed and kept putting in the sweets and salts of junk food. You walked over to the icecream section and picked what you wanted.

"This is the total" The ahjumma pointed at the screen. Daehyun got out his wallet and opened it for money. You stopped and kept starring at his wallet. 

"yah" He said quietly with his eyes widening. 

"wae?"

"Na don obsseo (i don't have money)" he said turning to you with doll like eyes. You laughed so much. 

"Eottokhae?!" He said shaking you lightly. You got out your wallet and payed. You left the store still laughing. 

"mianhae, I'll pay you back" He said chuckling at your cute laugh. 

"Anya! Don't even think about it" You said getting into the car.

"I will have to someway" He said while getting into the car and putting on his seatbelt. You were both chatting and driving until you spotted a book store. 

"Oppa! Let's go to the bookstore" You said pointing at it. His eyes were looking in the direction you had pointed at and he drove there. He parked the car and you both walked in together. You both bowed at the person working there and walked around. 

"wah, I never knew they had such books here" He said flipping through pages. You grabbed a book and started reading through it. Daehyun pulled your hair tie off of your hair and your hair fell straight down to your shoulders. 

"Show your pretty hair" He said fixing it for you. Your hair was getting in your face and it was annoying you. You couldn't read well. 

"Daehyun tie my hair again! It's getting in my face" 

"But its pretty~" He whined. You turned your head giving him a glare. He paused for a few seconds. 

"Arrasseo" He said. You turned back to read the book. He grabbed all your hair and pulled it up into a ponytail again. 

"How do you do this" He said trying to tie your hair. 

"Just give it to-"

"Ah ah ah I got it" He said elbowing your arm away. He heard some girls squel and he turned around and saw three girls squelling over the fact that he was tying your hair. He chuckled and shook his head. He tied your hair and looked at his result proudly. His smile suddenly dropped when you untied your hair again and redid the ponytail. 

"Mwohyah!" He said shocked. 

"It wasn't tight enough" You replied. 

"you should've told me! I would've redone it!" he whined like a kid. 

"Next time" You said sticking out your tongue. You chose two books and bought them. 

Daehyun was blabbing away in the car about how you should've told him to redo the ponytail. You however just focused on reading your book. Daehyun realized you not paying attention to anything he said. 

"yah, listen to me" 

"Just focus on driving" You said flipping onto the next page. 

"Chsh. She pays more attention to the book than she will ever to me" He mumbled under his breath. 

 

You both arranged the stuff in the kitchen with the things you bought. You saw Daehyun put on his coat and shoes at the front door. 

"odi gaso? (are you going somewhere)" 

"Eo. I'll be back in a few hours" He said smiling. He walked up and kissed you then left through the front door. He got into his car and drove off. You went and sat in the living room and started watching 'Good Doctor' as episode 14 was finally airing.

 

Daehyun rang the door bell. Youngjae opened the door and scoffed at Daehyun. 

"What are you doing here."

"We need to talk" 

"I have nothing to say" Youngjae said swinging the door. Daehyun stopped the door from closing halfway. 

"I do" He replied. Youngjae starred at him then opened the door and stood on the entrances door step. 

"Go ahead" He said crossing his arms. 

"I know this is late.. but I want to apologize for accusing you of doing something you didn't do. Look I was going crazy at the time and I .. You can punch me if you want" Youngjae threw a punch on Daehyun's face. Daehyun looked up with his eyes wide. 

"That's the punch i was supposed to give you a few years ago" Youngjae threw another punch at him.

"And that's for not noticing that I liked Soyeon" Daehyun stumbled back then smirked as he wiped off the blood from the side of his lip with his thumb. He stood up straight and put his hands in his pockets. 

"Any more of those?" Daehyun said refferring to the punches. 

"I have 500 others punches that I want to give that could lead to your death" Daehyun took a step forward. 

"Do it" He said smiling. Youngjae looked down at the ground. 

"I won't" He said softly. Daehyun gave him a confused look. "Because if I do, I know Soyeon will follow you to the grave, she'd do anything to be with you.." He said still not facing Daehyun. Daehyun realized at that moment how lucky he is to have you. It's not like he hasn't realized that before, but now, it felt different. Daehyun felt that Youngjae's words were exactly true, and that's when he realized more that as long as Daehyun is safe, she is too. Youngjae looked up at Daehyun and smiled. He patted his shoulder. And started walking away. 

"Do you want to come over?" Daehyun yelled. Youngjae stopped then turned around. 

"I think Soyeon would be disappointed seeing my face again" 

"Anya kwenchana, we'll sort things out. Better now than later" Daehyun replied. Youngjae walked back into his house and shut the door. Daehyun stood at the door for a few minutes not knowing if he was forgiven or not. He started walking away when he heard the door open. He turned around and found Youngjae wearing his coat and was walking towards him. He passed Daehyun and Daehyun turned to Youngjae who was now walking in front of him. 

"Yah! Kachi kaja! (let's go together)" Daehyun said speeding up to Youngjae. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

TARAAAAAAAAAAAA! Another chapter yaaaaaaaay! So sorry for the delays! I am so so so so truly sincerely sorry! So you guys i am planning on typing a fanfic on one of the exo members! D.O (kyungsoo), Baekhyun, or Luhan? You vote! It might be a one shot but you guys want it to be a full story then ill try my best to do that!. Annyong and thanks for reading! stay stuned for updates!^^