Chapter 35

Forgotten Memories

"Ready?" Daehyun said looking over at you. You both stood infront of the doors. You took in a deep shaky breath and nodded. "You don't seem like it.." 

"No, I'm just.. just a little nervous" You tried to smile at him. Little nervous? You were dying on the inside. Your stomach was in knots and this is one of the moments where you felt like running far far.. very far away. Daehyun noticed the expression on your face and bit his bottom lip. He slipped his hand into yours and you looked up at him. 

"I'm here.. so don't worry" He said looking you in the eyes. "I'm here" He repeated. You can tell he was saying it with sincerety. You nodded smiling, making him smile too. 

"We're ready" The police officer said coming up to you both. You both nodded at him and he opened the huge glass doors and his 'clique' followed him in, you guys walked in last, just walking right behind them. You were at your fathers company, and you were heading to his office. Every step you took the more you felt like you were closer to fainting. People walked around in their suits and skirts and blazers, each person eyeing the police, then Daehyun, then you.

"Isn't that the founder's daughter?"

"Omo, what's she doing here after so long.." 

"I heard that she was actually forgot her memories"   "Anya that's not true"   "It is!" 

"What's she doing here? Is that her gangster boyfriend?"   "He doesn't look like one though.."

"Is she getting her position back?" 

"omo.. she has a scar on her thigh" 

You heard all kinds of whispers and talks around you. You walked closer to Daehyun and looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Daehyun heard them too. He moved you to his other side and held you by the waist bringing you in closer, hiding the scar. 

"I told you I shouldn't have worn a skirt.." You whispered. 

"There's nothing wrong with your scar.. and people will talk either way. Just ignore them, they're not important" He whispered back. "What's important is that we have eachother, and we accept eachother for who we are." You smiled a bit at his words but then heard the comments again. He held you even closer this time. "I'm here" He said again. 

"Gomawo" Daehyun just smiled. 

 

You were now standing outside of your fathers office. You took in deep breaths and Daehyun held your hand tighter. The police nodded at eachother then burst into the office without knocking. Your father stood up to his surprise and took a few steps back. 

"Mr. Park?" Your father didn't reply. "Officer Shin" He said showing his police's ID. "You're under arrest for the abuse of your daughter, and the murder of your wife, Kim Yeseo." 

"Who says so? Who said I murdered my own wife?! Tell that bastard to step up to my face and-"

"I saw it happen!" You yelled. The police stepped aside and you came into your fathers view. His eyes widened. You were so nervous, you were shaking but trying to look strong in front of him. You let go of Daehyun's hand and took a step in front. You looked into your father's eyes. "I saw it.. everything you've done.." You said glaring at him. 

"You.. How dare you frame your father-"

"Cut it out!" You yelled again. "Please.. just.. stop with the acting" Your eyes teared up. "I'm tired of it" Daehyun stepped forward and slid his hand into yours. 

"You.. you did this didn't you" he turned to Daehyun. He pointed at Daehyun and looked over at the police and started laughing. "He's behind this! He's the gangster! He-he he seduced my daughter! Take him" The police let out a sigh and grabbed your father. He screamed and struggled to get out of their grip. They managed to handcuff him and take him away. Officer Shin looked at you both. 

"We'll be holding him back for a while so I suggest one of you takes over the company until court" You both bowed and thanked him. Daehyun looked at you. 

"Kwenchana?" You nodded and smiled a little. 

"I feel safe now" Daehyun looked you in the eye. "He can't hurt us now" You said smiling a bit. Daehyun pulled you into a hug and carressed your hair. "Oppa" You said pulling away. "You take over" His eyes widened. 

"michosseo? (you crazy?)" 

"I'm serious! People will keep talking if I take over. Besides I don't like your job" You cross your arms. 

"But I like it" He crossed his arms following you. 

"Still, if you take over people will see how much of an awesome boyfriend I have, then they'll respect me and you" Daehyun nodded. 

"Ahh.. the girls could also fall for me and from what I saw some of them are really pret-"

"Fine! I'll take over" You glared at him. "jajeungna aish..(So annoying)" You walked out of the office. Daehyun chuckled and followed after you. 

"You know I'm kidding right?" 

"Whatever you say" You said still walking away. Daehyun walked faster catching up to you then grabbed your wrist turning you around. "wae." you said blankly. Daehyun chuckled then looked back at you. 

"You're like a kid" You took in a deep breath holding yourself back. "But I like that, it's cute" You smiled a bit. "ohh look who's smiling" He said kissing your cheek. He held your hand and started walking "Let's go get something to eat" 

"You didn't lock the office." He froze. 

"Oh right. I'll be back" He let go of your hand and ran back making you laugh. 

 

You walked into the restaurant and sat down at your table. You both ordered and chatted while waiting for your orders. 

"I need to use the washroom" Daehyun said playing with the napkin. 

"Then go" he looked up at you. 

"Don't stare at other guys while I'm gone." He said pointing the napkin at you. He put it down and walked away. You sat there on your phone checking instagram and other social apps on your phone.  You noticed Daehyun has been gone for a while. 5, 10, 15 minutes and he still wasn't back. 

"Mwoyah" You sat up and looked around the restaurant. Did he leave without you? The food was already here and was cold now. "Chogiyo!" You called at a waitor passing by. He turned around and looked at you. 

"Nae? Would you like anything?"

"Have you seen a man with dark here around here? He was wearing a suit? He came in with me but he hasn't come back from the washroom yet.. I'm kind of worried." The man took a few seconds to think. 

"Ah, your oppa? The one with the suit" You smiled and nodded hoping for something. I saw him talking on the phone a while ago, I'll go talk to him" You bowed and he bowed back. You watched him walk away but the Daehyun came into view and you sat up straight. "Sonim! (customer) You're dongsaeng (little sister) is looking for you" Daehyun put his phone away and looked at the waitor confused. 

"Dongsaeng? I'm sorry?" He said confused. The waitor turned and pointed at you, you waved at Daehyun smiling. "Ah.. my girlfriend?" 

"Oh my- I- I'm so sorry, she looked so young I thought she was your little sister" He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck then bowed apologising. "It's a good thing I didn't ask her out" He chuckled then told him it was a joke. Daehyun forced a chuckle and then walked up to your table and sat down. He glared at the waitor. 

"Yeah it's a good thing you didn't, otherwise your head wouldn't be there anymore.. jashik.." He muttered to himself. 

"mwohrago? What's wrong?" You looked back at the waitor then back at Daehyun. "Did he say something?" Daehyun waved his hand and shook his head. He took a sip of his coke. The waitor came back and took some of your food to heat up again. Wen he came back he bowed to Daehyun again. 

"I'm very sorry for thinking she was your dongsaeng, she looks really young" He chuckled. 

"Kwenchanayo! You don't need to keep apologising" Daehyun smiled. *Mwoh? Dongsaeng? .. Me?* You looked at the waitor then at Daehyun. You watched the waitor walk away then look back at Dae. 

"He thought I was your little sister?" Daehyun chuckled and nodded. "hol." You leaned back on your chair. "But we came in holding hands" You said. Daehyun shrugged. You looked around at the couples in the restaurant. 

"omo jagiya! You didn't have to!" A girl covered as her boyfriend chuckled. Jagiya. 

"I wanted to" He said making her accept the necklace and roses. Roses. 

You looked at another couple and saw that the girl looked like a woman. You looked down at yourself and noticed your more like cute outfit, you then look back at another couple. 

"Yobeo let's go shopping after this" They laughed. Yobeo. Yobeo, Jagiya, roses, dresses. Wow, you really felt like a little sister. 

You looked at daehyun sipping his coke again. 

"Jagiya!" you called out smiling. Daehyun choked on his drink then started coughing. You had a couple of eyes look at you both and your smile faded. We're different. But why? Why do we feel so different? 

"Where'd that-.. I mean.. since when?" Daehyun said a bit shocked. You looked down at your food. "Are you okay? Why aren't you eating?" he said. He leaned in hesistantly and put his palm on your forehead. "no odi appa? (are you sick?)" You sighed and got up from your seat. 

"I'll be in the car." You said quietly. You held onto your bags strip and walked away, Daehyun watching you do so. You sat in the car and watched every girl pass by. They all had clutches and hand bags. You looked down at your bag and noticed that it was one of those with a long strip that you put on your shoulders. How come you never realised this? After a while, Daehyun came out of the restaurant. Your eyes met but then you looked away. He walked around the car and entered, you turned away again and looked out the window. He locked the doors and the car. He looked at you confused. 

"Mianhae.. I was just shocked you called me that.." You kept quiet. He let out a small sigh as he put on his seatbelt. He looked at you one more time before driving. The ride was quiet, no one said anything, none of you even heard eachother breath. The only sounds that there were was the honking of other cars, and the ticking of the signals that Daehyun gave from his car. He stopped at a red light and you were both just thinking. After the green light went on, Daehyun took a right instead of going straight to the company. You were about to ask why. "Let's go home, for today." You didn't say anything and kept looking out the window. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankyou for reading! Stay tuned for updates^^