Chapter 26

Forgotten Memories

Months passed by and the snow melted along with that. Daehyun decided to get a job and got one. He was able to get a spot in the bank and it was nice seeing him wear a suit when leaving and coming back home. Though he has been acting weird lately. You don't know the reason. Yes, you've thought of everything possible, you've gotten to the point of thinking that it's because the snow has melted. He's being too over-protective, he's been dragging you out of malls for no reason, following you everywhere, the super market, the changing rooms, where ever. He'd even stand outside of the ladies washroom anywhere you went. It was like he was gaurding you. He'd always keep you close and tell you to not disappear from him, even though you just walked a few meters away to have a look at the jewlery in the store. It was still cold nowadays however the white city was gone now. Ahjumma decided to retire and move back in with her family. You didn't really blame her for that decision. She was getting older by the day and it would be hard to spend years away from the family, and you know how that feels. Your family was your mother and Daehyun, and when you lost your mother, It was like you lost the world. 

*Flashback*

It's been 4 months since you last saw your parents speaking to eachother. You wouldn't blame your mom, having a guy like that, your father, is pretty hard. You were studying for your finals but then decided to give up and visit your mom instead. You dialed her phone number a few times but she didn't pick up. 

"mwoyah.." You dialed it one last time and she still didn't pick up. You threw your phone on the bed and started picking out an out fit. You wore some shorts and put on a t-shirt. While you were wearing your shoes you heard your phone vibrate on the bed. You stood up and answered it. 

"Nae omma" You said grabbing your bag. 

"Sorry darling, I just saw your calls. Something wrong?"

"Anya keunyang, I just want to stop by" 

"Ahh keurae? Then how about you stop by at- *banging sound* one second" You waited on the phone and sat down on bed as you heard a door click on the other side. Your mother sighed. 

"Why are you here" 

"That's what I would like to ask you" Your eyes widened getting off of bed slowly. It was your father. How'd he find out she was there? 

"I'm busy now, get out" Your mother pushed the door against him. "What are you-"

"You will listen to what I say"

"Let go of my wri-"

"Shutup and listen! You will invite that bastard over for dinner today and you will then hand him over to me" he threatened. 

"Mwoh? What bastard? Let go of my wrist!" Your mother shouted.

"You know what bastard. Daehyun." You froze. *no* "If not, then I will have to take you instead" 

"What kind of crazy mother would do that to a young boy, but most of all my daughter. Are you expecting me to trust you with that boy's life? You're insane!" There was suddenly silence after a loud smack sound. 

"did you just slap me?" Your mother said, her voice cracking. 

"Get out, I don't want to see you again. I DON'T WANT YOU TO APPEAR IN FRONT OF MY FACE AGAIN HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO MAKE THAT CLEAR" You mother shouted. You grabbed your bag and started heading to the door. You ran through the streets then stopped waving for a taxi. "LET GO" Your mother screamed. 

"TAXI! TAXI" You kept on screaming, now the tears rolling down your cheeks. 

"PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! THINK OF SOYEON!"

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE?"

"TAXI"

"PUT THAT KNIFE AWAY FROM ME"

"SHUTUP"

"OMMA" Suddenly the line went dead. "NO" You tried calling again but she wouldn't pick up. You saw a taxi passing by. 

"TAXI! TAXI!!" You waved screaming. The car stopped and you got in telling him to go to the resort. You called Daehyun but he wouldn't pick up either. You kept on calling and calling until he picked up. 

"Soyeon-ah" 

"WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO ANSWER?!" You screamed.

"Whoa. Soyeon kwenchana? I was changing and now I'm on my way to your mom's dinner. Wae? ... Am I late?" 

"What?"

"I recieved a text from your mom a few minutes ago" 

"It's a setup Daehyun! No matter what don't go!" 

"Soyeon.. no chincha kwenchana? odi appo? (are you sick?)" 

"My father is setting it all up! Don't go! Just listen to me Daehyun! I'm on my way right now so all you have to do is call Youngjae and tell the police arrasseo?" there was no response. 

"Daehyun?" You looked at your phone and it was dead. Your battery ran out. Just your luck. 

"Ahjusshi please hurry!" You arrived there in 15 minutes and you ran to where your mom was staying at. You got out your keys and tried to get it through the lock. You dropped the keys and then picked them up quickly, your hands were shaking but you managed to get the key through the lock. You swung the door open with tears running down your face. There was no one there. You walked inside slowly looking around. The place was a mess. You stopped in your trace and picked up a golf stick that was lying down next to the couch. You pointed it out and walked slowly. 

"omma?" You called out. 

"Daehyun?" You glanced at the home phone for a few seconds then rushed to it dropping the stick. You picked up the phone and dialed Daehyun's number. 

"Yobusey-"

"Daehyun! Listen to me and don't come! This is all a setup from my dad and if you-" Someone suddenly grabbed you from the back and you watched another figure end the call. You tried getting your self off of his grip but failed. You kept kicking and screaming however it was no use since they were covering your mouth. 

"if you don't behave we'll take you instead" he said while tying your hands behind your back. 

"THEN DO SO!" You screamed when he let go of your mouth. "TAKE ME INSTEAD OF MY MOM AND DAEHYUN! THEY DON'T DESERVE IT I DO" The men laughed then pulled you down onto a chair. He was about to tie your legs until you kicked him in his pyramid. You stood up and started running while the other man was chasing after you. You tried untying the rope from the back while crying. You found a sharp edge on a metal chair and ran to it. You started rubbing the rope on it. You looked back at the man and he was getting closer. You rubbed faster. 

"C'mon!!!" You rubbed harder until the rope ripped setting you free. You heard the man scream and you grabbed a vase on table and hit it on his head. You started running and screaming for your mom. You were running so fast until you saw a body that was beat up so badly on the ground. It was a woman. There was a puddle of blood running from her head. It was your mother. 

"ANDWAE" You ran up to the body until someone hugged you hard, grabbing your stomach from the back to stop you from going there. 

"JASHIK LET GO" You screamed while trying to set yourself free.

"JUST GO HOME, IT'S NOT SAFE" The guy said still holding onto you. 

"JASHIK LET GO I SAID LET GO" You were crying and screaming. 

"CALM DOWN IT'S ME" You were still trying to set yourself free by kicking and screaming. 

"SOYEON IT'S ME" He said grabbing your wrists and turning you around to look at his face. You stopped screaming and starred at him. 

"Daehyun.." You said breathless. There were tears rolling down his face as he looked at your arm. You looked down at your arm and it was bleeding. You were knifed by the guy whom you hit the vase with, you didn't even feel it, but now you do. "You're safe" You said. Daehyun shook his head and bit his lip looking down then back up at you, tears doubled this time. You turned around and your mom's body was gone. Gone. Not there. 

"o-omma?.. omma.." It was too hard to believe. 

"Andwae. ANDWAE" You screamed with tears rolling down your cheeks. You ran looking everywhere for it. 

"I HATE YOU DAD! I HATE YOU" You screamed then dropped to your knees. Your father turned away after watching the scene. 

"Take the body, and burn it somewhere" he said taking out a cigeratte then getting in the car. Daehyun walked up to you and pulled you up slowly. 

"Let's get you to a hospital" You shook off his arms and starred at the puddle of blood. 

"Ani. My mom is going to come" You wouldn't believe it, you didn't want to. 

"Soyeon-ah" 

"I want to show her the puddle of blood and tell her it's my dads." 

"Soyeon-ah, you're not in the right state of mind, let's go" 

"SHIREO"

"JONGSHINCHARYO (wake up)" Daehyun yelled and shook you. You were quiet for a while. 

"Nappeunom (you're so bad)" Daehyun ignored you and dragged you away. You cried tears that could make up all of the Han River while you were walking away. She was gone. Forever. 

 

You closed your eyes tightly then covered your ears with your palms. This was one of the moments where you wished you had forgotten everything for good. You were crazy for thinking you wanted your memories back. You the TV for a distraction and started watching the new number one hit drama 'You who came from the stars'. It always gave you a laugh when you were bored or sad. 

"I'm home" You heard Daehyun call out with the sound of plastic bags. He came into the living room and you stood up hugging home. You were thankful for him atleast for still being by your side. 

"wah, skinship all of a sudden? You usually tell me to get lost nowadays" He chuckled. 

"I only tell you that when I'm watching a drama" you said. 

"Exactly my point, you are watching one now" You went silent. *right* You let go of him. 

"Then get lost" You said teasing him. 

"Fine, guess I'll have both bowls." He said putting the plastic bag on the table. 

"You bought jajjangmyun?!" your eyes widened. 

"eo. They're both for me though" He said taking off his blazer. You gave him a peck on the lips then wrapped your arms around his waist. 

"Oppa, I love you" You said. 

"Hoho, You think by saying it in english I'll give you the other bowl? no" He laughed poking your head away. 

"Fine. No kisses then" You let go and started walking away. He grabbed your wrist and swung you into his chest. 

"Soyeon. I love you" He said in english. You laughed at his accent. You both sat down and ate the noodles while watching the drama. 

"He's so cute" You said under your breath. 

"Mwoh?" Daehyun gave you a look. 

"Should I choose him over Song Joongki?" 

"Yah" he slammed his chopsticks on the table while glaring at you. 

"Ani, I think I'll just rank him second" You said still talking to yourself. 

"Then what do you rank me as?" Daehyun said. 

"You haven't made it to the list though.." You said looking at him. Daehyun scoffed in shock and looked away for a few seconds then looked back at you. 

"Are you hearing yourself right now?" He said coldly. 

"eo" You simply said. Then continued eating. Daehyun furrowed his eyesbrows then bit his lip while glaring at you. He grabbed your bowl of noodles. 

"it's mine now" 

"yah! I'm hungry!"

"yah? YAH? I'm your oppa you can't say yah!" 

"I always say it though. That aside, I want my food!" You said reaching for it. 

"Anyo, it's mine."

"But you gave it to me!" 

"Well, I'm taking it back"

"You can't! When you give someone something it becomes theirs!" 

"No"

"yes"

"No"

"yes"

"not a chance"

"I love you" You smiled. Daehyun didn't reply. You stood up and pecked his cheeks then took the bowl from him. He froze there for a few seconds then blinked. 

"Aish! Molla!" He messed up his hair then sat down and watched you eat. He grabbed his bowl and continued eating while galring at the actor. You liked making Daehyun jealous. It was a fun daily routine. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Woooooh! new chapter! My mind was kind of blocked and I had no idea what to type for this chapter, so I decided to tell you guys the full memory of how soyeon's mother died :( Thankyou for reading and stay tuned for updates! Annyong! ^^