Chapter 17

Forgotten Memories

 

You opened your eyes but you were too lazy to get up. It's been 4 days since you've heard from Youngjae and you couldn't sleep well yesterday. You heard a few knocks. 

'Irona (wake up)" You heard Daehyun's voice. You stirred a bit then walked up to the door lazily. You opened the door with your eyes half closed. 

"mwondae (what is it)" You said half asleep. He laughed at your expression. 

"It's 1:30 and you just woke up" He said grabbing your arm and leading you to the bathroom. You washed up half asleep then walked out still tired, but more awake. You went downstairs and ate breakfast. You kept looking at your messages on your phone hoping for a reply from Youngjae. Daehyun noticed you weren't in your right mind. 

"Mwondae?" He asked putting the cup of water up to his lips and drinking it. 

"Oppa hasn't replied to any of my texts yet" You said sounding sad. Daehyun stopped drinking water and put the cup down. You didn't feel like finishing your food so you got up and walked away. You called Youngjae twice and he didn't answer. You dialed his number again and you promised yourself it was the last time, he still didn't answer. You were now getting frustrated. You put on your coat and left the house. You walked all the way to Youngjae's house. You rang the door bell a few times. He finally opened the door and his eyes widened. 

"Yogin waenirya? (Why are you here?)" He said shocked. 

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" 

"Soyeon I don't hav-"

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls? Do you know how worried I was for the past 4 days?" You said getting mad a bit. Youngjae sighed and opened the door. You walked in and he shut the door behind you. He put his hands in his pockets. 

"I was avoiding you" 

"Wae?" You said. 

"Because I figured you wouldn't want me to ask you questions on what happened since it'll just make you feel worse." He said back. 

"bbongjijima (don't lie)" 

"Okay. So what if I didn't answer? What am I to you for you to care so much?" He said quietly sounding not bothered for an arguement. 

"You're my friend" You said. He smirked. 

"Chingu..(friend)" He said quietly. 

"Can't we be more?" he said.

"Youngjae"

"Wae? You used to like me what happened?" He said sounding a bit cocky. 

"Youngj-"

"Is it because of Daehyun?" You went quiet. He smirked "What can I do to change that?" You kept quiet. "Get rid of him?"

"What is wrong with you-ah!" He pushed you against the door. 

"Do you want to run away with me for real this time?" 

"Keumanhae!(stop)" You said pushing him away a bit. He starred at you blankly then got closer again. 

"I can make you the happiest person on earth"

"You won't let go?" You said trying to push his grip off of you. 

"Where do you want to go? Name it and I'll take you there" He said making his grip harder on you. 

"Youn-"

"Japan? Canada? France?" 

"KEUMANHAE YOUNGJAE-AH" You screamed. He didn't say anything and kept looking at you blankly. He took a step closer. 

"KEAMANHARAGO!" You said trying to push him. He got so close that your lips were about to touch. 

"What are you doing?!" You said. 

"Can't you see how much I like you?!" He said getting mad as he screamed back at you. He was going crazy. You could tell that his eyes were tearing up. You didn't reply. He starred at you, you pushed him away. He stood there a meter away from you now. You turned around and reached for the door knob. 

"I have a question" he said. You froze. 

"Do you like him? Daehyun?" You turned aound slowly and looked at Youngjae. There was a long moment of silence.

"eo." You said blankly. He starred back at you for 3 long seconds. 

"Wae?" He said. You didn't reply. "Wae?! Why do you like him?!" He screamed with a tear slipping down his cheek. You didn't know what to say. You turned around a few moments later and faced the door. 

"Kalkae.. (I'm leaving)" You said then opened the door and left. He stood there starring at the door. *What have I done*. You walked out of the house not knowing how to feel exactly. Mad? Sad? Sorry? You decided to walk around the streets. You walked into and icecream shop and sat down. You ordered some ice-cream to take away for Daehyun. You sat down and looked at everyone around you. Everyone seemed so happy. They were laughing, children were in their parents arms, they fed eachother ice-cream. They seemed.. normal. 

"Omma! Appa!" You saw a kid run up to her parents and point to the icecream on the screen. Her father picked her up and played with her hair while she put her head against his chest. Her father treated her like a princess. You smiled. *Lucky girl*

"Omma, appa!" She said repeatidly pointing to her mom than her dad. 

*Flashback* 

"OMMA, APPA! KEUMANHAE(stop)" You said trying to seperate them. "Why do you guys always fight?!"

"naga (get out)" Said your father to your mom.

"Appa!" You said shocked.

"NAGA" He said pushing your mom.

"APPA JEBAL" You screamed and stood in front of your mom to defend her. He grabbed your arm and threw you to the ground. You got up again and covered your mom.

"ARRASSEO I'LL LEAVE" She screamed. You stopped and looked at your mom.

"Omma!"

"I wouldn't want to stay here another second!" She said storming off to her room upstairs. You turned around and faced your dad.

"Appa chincha wae-irae?!" You were tearing up.

"Is it another woman?" he didn't reply. He blinked and turned away.

"It is machi? (right?)" He just walked away ignoring you. You ran upstairs and saw your mom packing quickly. You went and grabbed her arm.

"Omma kajima!(don't go)" You said trying to stop her from packing. She pushed your arms off of her and continued packing.

"Omma! If you go na eottokha?! (What do I do?)" You said as you watched her zipping up her suitcase.

"Mianhae Soyeon-ah, but I can't stay here anymore" She said tearing up. She hugged you but you pushed her off. A tear slipped down your face. Your mom's tears started falling too. She walked out and went downstairs. You stood there starring into space. *Omma* You ran downstairs and out the door. You saw her shut the door as she was already in the car. 

"OMMA KAJIMA" You were running to the car. The engine started moving further and further away from you. 

"OMMA!" You kept running after the car while crying. The car left the gate and the gate closed before you could leave. You shook the gate screaming. You sobbed and slowly slipped down to the ground. Your phone vibrated. You stopped sobbing and you answered the call quickly. 

"Omma!" 

"Soyeon-ah.." There was a long pause. "Mianhae.." 

"If you're sorry then why'd you leave! Why'd you leave without me!" You started crying again. 

"Because I know that I can't protect you.. But your boyfriend can" 

"Mwoh?"

"Listen to me"

"Omma-"

"Soyeon! Listen to me. You need to move out of there as soon as possible"  She said sounding worried and serious. "You need to move out and live with-"

"Omma michosseo?! Appa will kill me if he finds out I'm still dating him!" You screamed through the phone.

"But he can protect you! He is the only one that is capable of doing anything! Soyeon-ah, he's the type of guy that is able to take you to the other side of the world. He's nice, handsome, protective, so don't let go of him"

"Omma chigeum-"

"I have to go Soyeon.. Stay strong.. oori dal" She said and then hung up. You redialed her number over and over again but she turned her phone off. You stood up and threw your phone against the floor and screamed. You ran your fingers through your hair then crouched down.    

 

You blinked and starred at the family. You searched your pockets for the pill. You stood up and started searching your coat.

"My pills.." you whispered. People looked at you like your were going crazy. You started feeling dizzy. You felt like the strings that were holding you up this whole time were cutt off and you fell straight to the ground, into a black world.

You opened your eyes slowly to find your self in a room that wasn't yours. You turned your head to the side and found Daehyuns head on the bed holding onto your hand. You squeezed his hand gently and smiled. He opened his eyes slowly and sat up. You starred at eachother for a while. He looked scary and serious. 

"Yah" You blinked at his sudden words. "How could you leave without telling me! Do you know how worried I was?! I texted you so many times! Why didn't you answer?!" he said standing up still holding your hand and making a fuss. 

"Mianhae.. I didn't see them.." You said. He sat back down realising he scared you a bit. 

"baboya" He said letting go of your hand. 

"How did you know where I was?" He gave you a 'I hate you so much' look. 

"I kept calling until a man answered. I was pissed." He said sounding a bit annoyed. "But then he said he was a customer and that you had out, so I came running" He said more calmly. You nodded and looked up at the ceiling. 

"Mianhae" You said too ashamed to face him. He held your hand again. 

"Kwenchana" He said and smiled. "What happened anyway?" He said sounding worried. You shook your head at him. 

"Just a headache, I was thinking too much" You lied. He put your hand up to his lips and landed a peck. 

"Daehyun" You said turning your body to him. 

"What are we?" You said not sure of what you guys would be after your confessions.

"mm, what do you think we are?" He said walking over to the other side of the bed. He layed down next to you and you turned your bodies to each other. He got close to you and interwined his fingers with yours. 

"Molla.." You said as he played with your fingers. 

"keurae?" He said looking at you. You nodded slowly. 

"mmm, You are the one I fell for, and I'm the one you fell for. We started having skinship not too long ago, You get jealous of nurses and I get jealous of customers. mm what else. I kiss your hands a good number of times a day, we hold hands, and we love eachother" He said with twinkling eyes. 

"Does that mean-"

"Eo. We're a couple" He said with all confidence. Your face turned red and you blinked a few times avoiding eye contact. He laughed and pulled you into his embrace. You leaned your head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around you tightly and you could feel his breathing on your hair. You felt safe in his arms, like no one could seperate you guys. 

"Soyeon" 

"m?"

"Call me oppa from now on" You chuckled at his randomness. 

"Keurae, oppa" You said. A smile formed on his face and he planted a kiss on your temple. "ah mada(right). Oppa, can you get my pills?" 

"wae?" He paused. "Hokshi.. yah you remembered something?!" He said pulling you away and lookin at you. 

"Anya, just in case" You said. He squinted his eyes. 

"Why do I have a feeling you're lying to me" You looked at his eyes and then sighed. 

"HA! I was right. What kind of memory was it?" He said getting your pills and placing it on the table next to bed. You shook your head. He planted a peck on your lips and your eyes widened. 

"What kind of memory was it?" He said. You were too shocked to answer. *Second kiss*. He sighed and pecked your lips again. 

"What kind of memory was it?" He repeated. You were even more shocked for him to do it again. He pecked your lips again. 

"What kind of-"

"Arrasseo! I'll say it" You said blushing. He smiled and wrapped his hands on your waist. 

"It's just about my mom leaving the house. She just said to stay with my 'Boyfriend' and that's it" You said summarizing the full story. Daehyun's heart started pounding faster. 

"Did she say who it was?" He said hoping not. You shook your head. 

"She just said 'he', 'boyfriend'." You replied. "Keundae oppa" He shoved away all his thoughts and was concentrating on what you were about to say. 

"What if he finds me someday, or I find him.. then what will happen?" Daehyun didn't know how to reply. For the first time ever he was thinking of what to say before he spoke it. 

"Molla." He said simply. You moved closer to him and hugged him leaning your head against his chest. He hugged you tighter not wanting to let go. 

"Soyeon" 

"mm"

"If you find out that I- ani that man.. betrayed you in a way by not looking for you.. or telling you it was him.. would you leave him?" 

"eo.. after all I don't see anyone putting effort into finding me.. but even if I do find him, I'll most probably stay with you" You said. Daehyun's eyes saddened *you don't know*. He pulled you in tighter and breathed against your hair. He drifted off into his thoughts.

"Soyeon hokshi na-" He said pulling away a little but then saw that you were asleep. He moved some hair strands away from your face. *Mianhae..* He held your hand and put it up to his lips pecking it again. He saw your tattoo on your pinkie. 

Prince He looked at his pinkie. Princess He interwined your pinkies together. *It's been so long since we've done this*. He pulled you back into a hug and closed his eyes. *This might not last long, so I'll just enjoy you in my embrace for the time being.. until you decide if you will come back or not*

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was half asleep when I typed this up :( Gosh I'm so sleepy. Sorry if it , I'm just never satisfied with my chapters :( mianhaeee~ TT I hope you guys enjoyed it at least a bit! As you know, i have so much work. My school gives like a load of work and it's too much sometimes I have a hard time breathing. Thanks for reading! Stayed tuned for updates! Annyong ^^