Chapter 13

Forgotten Memories

"What are you trying to do! Do you know how much everything will cost?!" Your father stormed into your office. 

"Wasseo? (You're here)" You said smiling. 

"Why did you do that why!!" He said raising his voice at you. You stopped looking through the papers and slammed both your hands on the desk standing up. 

"What's wrong with what I did! I'm making things better for everyone! Here you are worrying about your money and not people's lives. What are you going to do with the money from the resort anyway! Buy a house for you and your s to stay at?!" You rose your voice and recieved a slap imediantly. The side of your face was facing your father now. You looked up at him with a red mark on your face. 

"Why. Hate hearing the truth?" He slapped you again. You looked back at him and smirked. 

"Here I am getting slapped by my father because I'm trying to save lives. I want people TO GROW UP SAYING MY MOM WAS SAVED NOT KILLED" You said screaming. 

"YOU " He grabbed your collar from across the desk. 

"You're just like your mother" He said staring at you with anger. 

"And you're discusting" You said to his face. He pushed you so hard that you hit your head on the cabinet behind you and fell to the ground. 

"You're back? Better than ever? heh. You turned into a little " He said walking away and slamming your offices door. You hair covered your face. 

"YOU KILLED HER YOU MURDERER WHAT KIND OF A FATHE-" You got a slap in the face before you could continue talking. You fell down on your knees with your tears still falling down. 

You started crying so much. You stayed there on the ground looking like a mess. *It's true.. my father is abusive* 

 

You washed your face and changed into casual clothes in the bathroom. You touched your cheek and it stung. You walked out of the company's building. Your driver was outside waiting for you, but you decided to ditch him. You put on your hoodie that has bunny ears and you started walking. You kicked rocks with your sneakers. You heard music and looked up. It was a kareoke bar. You went in and got into one of the rooms. You sat alone looking at the screen. You grabbed the remote and looked for a song to sing. You picked Ailee's song "Higher"

http://kkromanized.wordpress.com/2013/09/15/rom-eng-lyrics-ailee-higher-feat-yiruma/

You started singing as you haven't sang in front of anyone ever. You felt tears rolling down your face.

You entered the house and went up to your room. You stayed in there putting your head down on your desk. You touched your cheek. 

"SIR PLEASE STOP" You heard a faint scream from downstairs. You sat up wanting to hear more. You heard someone banging on your door. 

"OPEN THE DOOR"

"What are you doing?!" You said while walking up to the door. You opened the door "What are you doing her-AHHH" You screamed as your father grabbed your hair and threw you to the ground. 

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE COMPANY HAS AGREED TO DO" You looked up at him crying. 

"THEY'RE PLANNING ON SELLING THE RESORT, IT WAS YOUR IDEA WASN'T IT" He said grabbing you again. 

"I NEVER MENTIONED SELLING THE RESORT" You said crying. This time you were actually scared. He slapped you and dragged you down stairs. 

"ABBOJI (father) STOP" You were screaming the whole time. Eungi tried stopping him but she had no power at all. He threw you to the ground. 

"YOU " He said beating you up. You have never been beat up like that. Your head started throbbing. You suddenly  had flashbacks of all the times he has hit you. Even when you were a kid. He used to also hit your mom. You cried and screamed begging him to stop. He kicked you and then grabbed you and threw you hitting your head at the edge of the couch. 

"You will clean this mess up at the company then YOU WILL LEAVE THE COMPANY" He said slapping you. He walked away and slammed the front door. You collapsed on the ground. 

*Flashback*

You entered the house feeling scared. Your boyfriend has slapped you three times in a week already. You have never seen him like this. You put the groceries into the kitchen then walked out to the living room.

"Where did you go?" He said getting up with the bottle of soju in his hands. 

"I was at the super market" You said simply. 

"You think I'm stupid? I know you were at the club" He said getting close to you. You sighed. 

"I only went in there to take Yoomi and give her a ride home" You said. He seemed drunk. 

"You , you were sleeping with guys weren't you" He pushed your shoulder with two fingers. 

"Me?! I haven't even slept with you yet and you expect me to sleep around with other guys?!" 

"That's exactly my point! You're sleeping around with other guys that's why you wouldn't sleep with me!" He said raising his voice. 

"What the hell is wrong with you! You're the one who's sleeping around girls when I'M your girlfriend!! You brought a girl home 2 days ago and you're always drunk-" He slapped your face. That was the fourth time. 

"Stop! You said you would make my life better! But you're just like my fa-" he grabbed you and threw you on the couch. 

"You're a ! You think I don't know you always sleep with Youngjae?!" He sat on top of you.

"I HAVE NEVER SLEPT WITH HIM! I ONLY WENT OVER TO HIS HOUSE! WHY IS THAT WRONG NOW WHEN I DID IT BEFOR-" He slapped you and gave you punches. "STOP" You were screaming. You fell on the ground. He grabbed your wrist but you managed get his grip off of you. You started running to the front door. He caught up to you and grabbed your wrist. You kicked him and screamed and ran upstairs now that he was blocking the front door. You ran into your room and opened the window. You were going to jump. You were pulled back onto the bed and he sat on top of you again. He grabbed the pillow and covered your face. He was basically not allowing you to breathe. You screamed but you couldn't be heard. He removed the pillow and you started couphing. 

"yah" He said lighting slapping your face with two fingers. He was so drunk. He suddenly bent down for a kiss but you turned your face to the side. Your face was stained with tears. He sat up again, and looked at you. 

"And you wonder why I brought other girls home" He said smirking. He got up off of bed and walked away. The horror ended. You were about to call Youngjae until you remembered that Daehyun would probably beat him up too. You stayed laying down on the bed. He came back in and starred at you. You sat up slowly and backed away afraid. He went onto the bed and smiled at you. For a second you thought he was back until his smile turned back into a straight face. He took off his shirt and sat there starring at you. He leaned in and kissed you out of nowhere. You were shocked and wanted him to get off. You tried to push him away but he tried unbottoning your shirt. You pushed him so hard until he stopped. 

"Wae. You're scared?" He said smirking. 

"I'd rather do it out of love than force" You said. Getting off of bed and leaving the room. *What now he's trying to me?*  You grabbed your coat and left the house. He has already fallen asleep. 

It's been 3 weeks since you left the house. You stayed at a resort your mother was staying at. 

"Did you like lunch?" She came into your room smiling.

"Nae omma. Gomawo" You said smiling. Your phone started vibrating again for the hundreth time. 

My Babo♡

You flipped over your phone so that you don't see the screen. Your mom looked at the phone then at you. 

"Soyeon-ah I think it's time to answer his calls. It's been 3 weeks, he's probably worried" She said so motherly.

"After what he's done?" you said getting frustrated. 

"Darling. I don't think he meant it. He's the type of guy that would only do that when something has gone really wrong. Forgive him already" She said calmly. 

"Ani. I'm not going to end up like you and dad. never." You said getting off of bed. 

"Soyeon-ah" You turned around. 

"Just answer his call and allow him to explain. At least do it for me" She said. You huffed and went back to grab your phone. You opened the a thousand messages he left you. He started calling again. You walked out of the room and walked around the resort. You waited a while then answered the phone.

"Soyeon-ah.." You didn't reply. 

"Arrasseo.. I'll just say it then." He said. 

"Mwogah. Mianhae?" You said. 

"Eo.. and let me explain"

"No need to. I'm ending the call" You were about to end the phone call until you heard him speak. 

"WAIT" You put the phone back up to your ear. 

"Soyeon.. I was getting drunk because money got stolen from my bank account.. And I found out that someone close to me likes you and I wanted you to hate me. I wanted you to be with him so that it will be safer. Because without money we wouldn't be able to go anywhere, and that person loved you from way before I did.. I know I sound stupid and I don't even know what has gotten into me. Some guys threatened me with your life and the only way to stop them was to pay them an amount, but like I said, money got stolen... Mianhae Soyeon-ah. Come back." You stayed quiet on the phone. 

"Where are you?" He said with a little regret that he asked. 

"The resort down the beach." 

"Arrasseo.. I'll come" he said ending the call. You put the phone down slowly. You bend down and started tearing up. You hated him but you missed him. And you finally got to hear his voice after 3 weeks. It's been two hours and you were still sitting outside thinking into space. A pair of hands were on your shoulders. You got up and turned around. He looked at you with the saddest eyes. He walked around the bench to be in front of you. 

"Have you.. been well" you asked. His eyes started to tear up but he tried hiding it. *After I beat her up to death she still asks how I am doing* He nodded. He noticed some marks down near your lips and your face. He looked at your arms and there were still some marks that were slowly fading over some time. 

"What you get this from" He said rubbing your cheek with both his thumbs. You stared at him. He noticed what a stupid question that was, he knew it was him. He moved his hands to your shoulder and he put his head down. He didn't want to show that he was crying. You saw a drop fall onto his shoes. You looked up him. 

"oljima(don't cry)" you said trying to lift up his face. He sat down on the bench and leaned rested his head on his arms. His hands covered his eyes and you heard the quiet sobs. You bent down and told him to stop. You stood up and hugged his head. 

"I forgive you just stop crying" You said patting and hugging his head. He stood up and pulled you into the tightest hug ever. He burried his face into your neck. 

"Mianhae" He kept saying over and over again. You teared up and hugged him back tightly. Your mother passed by and stopped for a bit seeing you guys hug. She smiled softly happy that everything worked out. 

 

You woke up finding your self in bed. Your head was throbbing in pain. You grabbed the pills on the table next to you and swallowed one down your throat. Eungi came in with some soup. You looked at it disgusted at the fact that she made it. You drank it anyway. You were thinking the whole time of the memories you just got. *I don't want to remember things anymore.. it's scary* You pulled your knees up to your chest. 

*Bding* 

You looked at your phone. It was from your dad. You opened the message. 

I just fixed everything. I'm stopping by. I'll be there in 5 minutes.  

Your eyes widened. You got up running to your closet. You opened it in a rush and took out a suitcase. You grabbed your clothes and put them all in the bag in a messy way. You were doing everything so quickly, you wanted to leave. You took your books and shoes all piled up in the suitcase. You were pushing down the clothes and started crying. 

"Fit! OH MY GOD FIT" You were crying until your door opened. 

"What are you doing" You stopped and turned around. Your hair was a mess, your mascara has slipped down leaving stains on your cheeks. 

"ap-p-appa" You said with a shaking voice. He looked at your suitcase. He walked up to you and slapped you. 

"You think after this mess I'd let you leave?" Your head started throbbing again. Your memories were coming back all muddled up. He walked out the door. 

"You're staying here" He was shutting the door. You ran up to the door. 

"APPA JEBAL(please)" He locked the door and you started banging on it. You slid down the door. 

"I hate my life. I'm going to die.. Ani.. I WANT TO DIE, I WANNA DIE" You said getting up screaming. You threw your suitcase against the wall. You grabbed everything on your desk and threw it on the wall, and the ground. You screamed and cried. You flipped the chair and you collapsed on your knees. You were looking at the ground sobbing but then you stopped. You noticed the key was in front of you. You slowly reached for it. You looked up at the wall. Your portrait has moved a little and there was something behind it.

(Authors note:  The portrait thing was inspired by the drama "That winter, the wind blows." but is slightly changed. ). 

You slowly got up. You walked in pain since your body was bruised. You moved the portrait a bit, then you threw it on the ground. You knocked on the wall and it echoed. Like it was a box. You noticed a crack. You went and grabbed scissors from your drawer and started punching the wall with it. You hit it so much until it cracked open. You peeled off the wooden peices. There was a squared cabinet. You tried opening it but it wouldn't open. You noticed there was a lock. You grabbed the key and put it through. You turned the key slowly hoping for it to work and you heard a click. You tried opening it and it swung open. It was your memories inside of it. There were couple bracelets, couple shirts and a small box. You opened the box. It was piles of photos. There were hundreds. You looked at each photo. They all had the man's face ripped off. There were pictures of you and him hugging, you and him eating, you sleeping, eating, almost everything you can think of. *Why is his face ripped off?* You found a USB. 

 

You plugged the usb into your laptop. You clicked onto it and there was one file. "Videos". You opened it and put on your headphones. You sat on the ground waiting for the video to start. 

You were laughing at the camera and waving at it. You suddenly covered your face. 

"Hajimaaa I look bad right now" The camera was still on you. 

"Hajima!" You said trying to hit the cameraman but they backed away. 

"Give me the camera I'll film you" You said reaching for it. 

"Why aren't you talking!" After a long pause. "Ahh right you lost your voice from the cold" You said teasing. You got up and walked to the window. "Look it's still snowing" you said excitedly. The camera was then placed on a table. The man walked in front of the camera but his face wasn't showing. He backhugged you. You turned around giving light punches on his chest 

"Mwoyah~" you said laughing. 

You wanted to keep watching but you heard your fathers footsteps. You shut the laptop quickly and you closed the cabinet and covered the wall with the portrait quick. You ran to bed and pretended to be asleep. He unlocked the door and came in. He saw the mess. 

"KIM EUNGI! COME CLEAN THIS" He shouted. You shut your eyes tight until you heard his footsteps leave. *Who is he..* 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I think I won't be able to update until like 2 or 3 more days because I just recieved so much work. But I typed this chapter to leave you with atleast something. Thankyou so much for your support! And to the people who are worrying about this story being short, don't worry, it's going to be pretty darn long k k k. Thankyou so much for reading and stay tuned for updates! Annyong^^