Chapter 33

Forgotten Memories

The sun shined from the window making Daehyun squint even though his eyes were closed. 

"Soyeon-ah...close the curtains.." He said in a sleepy voice. He realised you weren't replying. "Soyeon-ah" He said while patting the other side of the bed, searching for the touch of your body. He opened one eye to find that you weren't there. He grabs a pillow and covers his head with it to block the sunlight. You walk into the room after having your hair dried from the shower to find Daehyun still asleep. 

"C'mon Daehyun, you have to get ready" You stand by his side of the bed. 

"mm" He hums back but doesn't move. 

"Dae I'm serious you don't have time!" You whine. He lets out a sigh before removing the pillow and sitting up with his eyes still closed. He slides off bed making you smile for a second before you see him walk over to the window and shut the curtains. He walks back and lays back down. 

"Yah!" 

"Five more minutes.." He says sleeply. "Just five.." It's silent for a few seconds. "AH!" He yells and then turns to you, who had just slapped his bum real hard. "What was that for?!" He says with one eye open. 

"Get up, now. We're going to be late to the dinner!" Daehyun huffs as he rubs his eyes. He decides to roll off bed, literally. You laugh and drag him by the arm to the bathroom. "Enjoy washing up!" You say as he closes the door. He opens the door again and walks up to you. "Mwoyah. You still didn't wash your face?" You look at his tired puffed up face. 

"Morning kiss" He says. You sigh and peck his lips making him smirk.

"Now go" You say smiling, he walks back in to wash up. 

 

"C'mon Soyeon, you're taking too long" Daehyun whines as he waits in the living room. Ironic how he got up after you but finished before you by hours, probably because he is a guy and all he has to put on is a suit. 

"Okay wait I just need to finish doing my hair!" You call out. 

"Did you atleast start your makeup?" He calls back knowing that takes another 2 hours. The silence gives him the answer and his head drops back on the couch. "Oh god." 

"Sorry~" You call out. 

"I'll be in the kitchen!"

"Yah! Don't stain your suit!" Daehyun chuckles. 

"I won't" He calls back. You on the other hand were on freak mode. You were trying to get your hair done and you hadn't started your makeup yet. When you finally finished waving the last strand of hair you smiled at your accomplishment. 

"Okay, makeup" You quickly grabbed your makeup bag and scattered out everything in it on the table. Wait.. do his parents like the natural look? "Oppa! Natural look or over it by a little?" You called out. 

"Anything that'll make you finish faster" He called back. 

"Okay.. so that's the natural look.." You put on some eyeliner and mascara just for your eyes to pop out a bit, a baby pink lipstick color shall do, and ofcourse natural looking pink cheeks. You put on your jewlery and your dress and heels. You checked yourself in the mirror one last time, you felt pretty, and that wasn't very often. You let down your hair to show the simple waves and you smiled. Daehyun heard the clicking of your heels from the stairs and he closed the fridge walking out of the kitchen. 

"Finally you-" He stopped talking as he looked up at you. You were wearing a white dress that was tight from the top but umbrella-like form the bottom that reached just above your knee. White heels, and silver jewlery. Daehyun couldn't seem to get words out of his mouth. "You look.. beautiful" You smiled and couldn't help but blush in response. You continue to walk down the stairs and stand in front of him. 

"You look handsome" You smiled making him blush. You've never seen his face turn this red, you chuckle. He looks away avoiding eye contact for a few seconds. 

"Ehm.. We should probably .. stay-go I mean! Yes, go..now.. because..yeah we should go" He says scratching the back of his neck as he starts walking, you right behind him. He opens the door for you and you get in the car. 

 

On the way you can't help but play with your fingers and re-adjusting your position every few seconds. A million thoughts were going through your head. 'Was white not a right color?' 'I should've worn something like red, no wait- that's too y.. maybe pink? Or.. I don't know blue?' 'Gosh my feet are killing me already' 'oh god my iphone cover is carebears'. You suddenly start removing your cover and put it in your bag. You take out a mirror and check yourself and take in shaky breaths. Daehyun holds your hand and interwines his fingers with yours, giving it a light squeeze. 

"You'll be fine, stop worrying so much" He says trying to comfort you. 

"But what if they don't like me? My dress is probably too short.." You try to pull it over your knees. 

"Girls wear way shorter than that these days, and don't worry they will like you" He pecked your hand. "If you need fresh air just give my hand a squeeze" You nod before taking in another breath and placing your other hand on your chest. 

 

This was it. Every step you walked, getting closer to the VIP room in the restaurant, the faster your heart was pumping. You were so nervous you could almost hear your heartbeat out loud. When the waitress started to open the door for you two, Daehyun squeezed your hand and looked at you. "It'll be okay, just trust me" He says. You nod. Once the door was fully opened you both look up and walk in greeting his parents. He lets go of your hand after giving it a tight squeeze, and walks up to his parents giving them hugs and kisses. 

"I missed you so much son" His father pats his back. Once he was done all eyes were on you now. You bow ninety degrees and then look up. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Soyeon, Daehyun's.. girlfriend" You say trying your best to sound normal. Daehyun walks up to you and holds your hand again. His mother smiles at you sincerely. 

"You look beautiful" She says. 

"Thankyou, you're even more beautiful" You say blushing. She chuckles and tells you both to have a seat. You all sit down and Daehyun holds your hand once again and looks at you. You force back a smile as he squeezes your hand. 

"So how are you darling?" She asks. 

"Yes. I mean- I'm fine!" You let out a chuckle. "Sorry, I - how about you?" She chuckles at your stuttering. 

"Don't be nervous, think of me as your mother" She says as she reaches to hold your other hand. Mother.. You force back a smile and bow back for thanks and respect. Daehyun notices and he bites his lip. 

"Omma! Let's order cheesecake!" Daehyun changes the subject quickly. You smile knowing what he is trying to do. 

"Again? You still haven't grown up? How many times do I have to tell you, dinner than dessert" She says letting go of you hand and grabbing the menus and passing it to you and Daehyun's father. 

"Omma~" he whines. 

"No Daehyun." She looks back at you. "Does he annoy you like this too when it comes to cheesecake?" You chuckle and nod. "Whenever he does it again, give me a call. I'll come teach him a lesson" She smiles at you. 

"Anyo kwenchanayo! He does whine about it, but it doesn't bother me." 

"Aigoo, so nice. I wish some people would be like you" His father says eye-ing his mother as he hold back a laugh. She looks at him and takes away the menu. 

"And I wish some people would lose some weight" Daehyun laughs clapping at his moms response. 

"ohh omma, that's too harsh though" She laughs and gives back the menu. 

"What would you like to have darling?" She looks back at you. 

"The pasta here is the best" His father comments to you. 

"Well.. I.. I guess I'll have what Daehyun has" You say. She smiles back. 

"Alright dear" She says as she closes the menu. "Then I will have the usual" You smiled and look down at your knees only to notice a scar you father had caused you. You try to pull down your dress to cover it but it doesn't work. Daehyun notices and he takes the piece of cloth and places it on your lap, covering the scar. You look up and smile. Thankyou

 

After the order had arrived and you were half way into eating, you got along more with the family however you were still very nervous and shy. You needed to get fresh air and calm down before you exploded. You gave Daehyun's hand a squeeze and he looks at you and nods. You stand up slowly and all eyes look up to you. 

"She'll be back in 5" Daehyun says smiling. They nod and you bow before leaving. They watch you walk out of the room shutting the door behind you.

"She looks beautiful in a white dress" His mother smirks as she takes another bite from her pasta. Daehyun almost chokes but manages not to. He takes a sip of water as he eyes his mother. He knows what she means. She eyes him back, still smirking. You walk into the bathroom and let out a sigh. 

"Oh god.." You breathe in and try to calm down. You try to fix yourself in the mirror and calm down. After a few minutes of trying to calm down and fixing yourself, you headed back to the room and walk in slowly slipping into your seat next to Daehyun. 

"Welcome back" his father smiles. 

"Thankyou" You smile back as you place the piece of cloth on your legs again. 

"Soyeon-ah" You look up at his mother. "If you were to have children, how many would you have?" Daehyun chokes on his food for real this time and he doesn't stop coughing. You hand him his cup of water and you pat his back. He put down his cup and looks at his mom. Her eyes still on you, smiling. 

"Well.. um.. I.. I actually haven't thought of that" You say, hoping that that response would be okay. 

"Omma" Daehyun says. She looks at him. He gives her the 'what-the-heck' look but she just ignores him. 

"That's good." Your eyes widen. "You're too young to think of how many children you should have, maybe in a year it would be fine" She says smiling. You were stunned. What? You just impressed her.. and you don't even know how. 

"Omma let's have desert, now" Daehyun says. You furrow your eyebrows while looking at him. 

"No." You say. Everyone goes silent and looks at you. 

"Wae?" He says.

"Because you need at least a half hour between your dinner and your desert, you're gonna have a stomach ache like the last time we were at the restaurant" 

"That was once-"

"Twice, Dae." You say strictly. You then realise it's only the two of you talking and you remember you're at a dinner, in front of his parents. You mentally slap yourself. 

"Fine" He sighs. 

"Wow." His mother says. 'oh god.. what have i done..'. "Even I couldn't get him to agree with me like that, keep doing what you're doing Soyeon, because it's working." She says as she smiles widely and chuckles. You slowly smile back and let out a chuckle. 

"I'm just worried that's all" You scratch your head. His parents both laugh and give you a thumbs up. You blush and look at Daehyun. He smiles back and holds your hand again. 

 

You were now in the car heading home. You leaned your head on the window and looked outside with tired eyes. 

"So.. how  was it?" Daehyun breaks the silence. You smile. 

"It was fun, I liked it" Daehyun smiled and steals glances at you. 

"I like you" 

"Dae don't, I'm about to puke" You say. "Gosh you're so cheesy!" He laughs his cute laugh. 

"I love your reaction, that's why I do it" He says still laughing. "It's so cute" You glare at him but he doesn't stop laughing. 

 

"Yobuseyo?" Daehyun answers the phone while he was laying on bed. 

"Son~" Daehyun laughs. 

"Miss me already huh omma?" He chuckles. 

"Of course I do" Daehyun smiles. 

"Omma.. Did you like her?" he says biting his lip. There was a moment of silence. 

"I loved her Daehyun, I have to see her again. I can tell that she is very sweet and caring, and she really does love you" Daehyun smiles widely. "When will you pop the question?" Daeyun's eyes widen. 

"Omma!" 

"Wae! I'm serious! You're a grown man now, people will laugh if you call her your girlfriend and not your wife" Daehyun's heart starts beating fast. 

"Ani-I - just - I will just - not now.." He stutters. 

"What're you stuttering for? This is serious, anyways, I'm going to sleep I'm very tired, tell Soyeon I said hi!" 

"Nae~ Goodnight omma" 

"Goodnight!" 

 

You come out of the washroom a few minutes later, changed in your pj's and you throw yourself on bed. Daehyun snuggles you up close to him and he chuckles in your hair. 

"What makes you so happy?" You ask tiredly. 

"I got a call from my mom" You shot up sitting up straight with wide eyes. 

"What'd she say?" You ask nervously. 

"She likes you, and she says hi" he smiles. You cover your mouth not believing what he just said. 

"No way" He nods. "Jung Daehyun, if I found out you're lying I swear I'm gonna-"

"I'm serious! Why would I lie about this?" You look at him and cover your face this time and shake your head. He chuckles because he knows you're blushing now and he pulls you into his chest. "You like it that much?" you nodded chuckling. 

"Thank god!" You let out a sigh of relief.

"Now we can have babies, 5 of them" 

"YAH!" You slap his chest. He laughs and pulls you in closer planting a kiss on your head. 

"Saranghae~" He says. 

"I love you too" You smile as you close your eyes, both drifting off to sleep. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankyou for reading! I am DONE with school so will be updating more often! I know I'm late but happy birthDAE T.T Stay tuned for updates^^