Chapter 34

Forgotten Memories

Daehyun searched everywhere for you upstairs and still couldn't find you. 

"Soyeon-ah" He called while walking downstairs. "Yah Park Soyeon!" He continued calling as he entered the kitchen expecting you to be there. He scratched the back of his head and took out his phone from his pocket. He walked into the kitchen and was about to open the fridge until he noticed a pink note stuck on it. He slid his phone back into his pocket and took the note off of the fridge. 

Figured you'd end up here somehow, I'm out grocery shopping, I'll be back in an hour or two. 

Love you, bouing^^ 

He smiled at your attempt of aegyo. He stuck the note back on the fridge and opened the fridge. His eyes widened at the sight of barely anything in the fridge. He sighed closing the fridge. He walked into the living room and threw himself on the couch and the T.V. After about an hour of watching shows, his phone rang. 

"Yobuseyo" he answered without looking at the callers ID. 

"Hyung!" Daehyun's eyes widened. 

"Yah imMA! (punk) Where the heck have you been?" He yelled after sitting up straight. Youngjae chuckled. 

"Mian (sorry), I've been kind of busy these days.." 

"With what, na appa(I'm sick) and you've only visited like 4 times-"

"Youngjae-ah" Daehyun froze at the girls voice. 

"Who's that? Doesn't sound like you're mom" Daehyun commented. 

"u-uh.. about that" 

"solma.. yoja chingu? (By any chance.. you're girlfriend?)" Daehyun waited for the response but Youngjae didn't reply. Daehyun smirked. "waaah that was fast" Daehyun laughed. "Since when?" He laughed again. 

"I don't know man..we've been together for a month" Youngjae said. 

"And you didn't think of telling me?!" 

"I didn't know how!" 

"ehhhh, sure you didn't" Daehyun teased. "Wait.. are you guys living under the same roof?" 

"Anya! Yah. It's been a month only why would we live under the same roof after a month" Youngjae replied. Daehyun just couldn't stop laughing. "But hyung.. what are you going to do about Soyeon's father.. and the company" Daehyun went quiet. 

"I've thought of a few things, I just need to know which one will be okay.." Daehyun sighed. What was he going to do? 

"Anyway, I called to wish you happy birthday. Be good to Soyeon, don't fight and don't make her do everything just cause you haven't been well for a little over a month. You'll be going to work next week anyway" 

"Worry about yourself im-ma(punk)" Daehyun said throwing a small ball against the wall then catching it again. "And thankyou for the birthday wish, stop by sometime. I think I might turn into a girl if I don't hang out with a guy any day now" Youngjae chuckled. 

"Will do, Talk to you later hyung! Happy Birthday" Youngjae yelled through the phone. 

"Gomawo~" He chuckled while hanging up. Daehyun went back to his TV shows as he waited for you. 

 

"Dae I'm home!" You yelled out. "Dae?" You walked in closing the door behind you. You carried the bags into the kitchen and then walked into the living room. You found him lying on the couch with his eyes closed. You let out a sigh 'this guy, falling asleep again' you thought while walking up to him. You shook him a bit but he wouldn't budge, him being the deep sleeper he is. You bend down and moved his hair away from his forehead and your hand came in touch with his abnormally warm skin. "Dae?" You said touching his forehead. "Oppa" You cupped his cheeks as you started to worry. He opened his eyes slowly and looked up at you. He smiled a weak smile. 

"Goongjoo" He said softly. 

"You're burning! Did you eat something you shouldn't have?" He shook his head. You sat there thinking of the possible reasons of him being weak again and one popped up. 

"You didn't take your pills did you." he went silent and just pulled him self up so that now he was sitting down. "Since when?" You said letting out a sigh. 

"Three days ago?" 

"Daehyun!"

"What?!"

"You can't just do that! I told you to take them!" 

"Well I forgot!" 

"Dae you can't just forget!"  

"Okay I'm sorry!.. It's not that bad anyway.. It's just feels.. warm" He said fanning his face. You gave up, you didn't want to keep argueing for the sake of his birthday. You got up and went to the kitchen getting his pills and poured him a cup of water. Daehyun entered after you by a few seconds. "I'm sorry.. I know I always make you worry" He said regretfully. You shook your head and handed him the pills and the cup of water. 

"It's fine, just swallow" You said as you turned your back to him to sort out the grocery things. You opened the fridge and sorted the things out. He s his arms around your waist from the back. 

"Mianhae..I promise I'll take care of myself from now on" He said soothingly into your ear. You turned around, still in his arms, and smiled at him. You nodded. 

"Happy Birthday oppa" He smiled widely. 

"I actually thought you would forget" He chuckled. "Gomawo" He said smiling.

"Since it's your birthday, I reserved a table at that french restaurant, the one with the really good cheesecake" You smiled and clapped your hands together once. 

"Yah... that restaurant is expensive" He said frowning a bit. 

"Anya kwenchana! It's all on me. Also I reserved a table at another restaurant for dinner, then we are going to go to Han River, and then we are going to go to your favorite game store and then-"

"Hey" He cut your sentence. 

"Wae? Is there something else you want to do?" You said.

"I know you're trying to make it extra special, but you really didn't have to, I'm happy enough just spending the day with you" He smiled. 

"So you have other plans?" 

"mm.. How about we make cheesecake right now. After that we can go to han river and celebrate it there, just me and you" He moved a hairstrand and placed it behind your ear. 

"But you like that restaurant" You pouted. 

"I do but I don't want you to waste a lot on me, and to be honest, I don't feel like wearing a suit today" You chuckled. 

"Arrasseo, we'll make the cheesecake" You slipped out of his embrace. "But" You turned around pointing a finger at him. "Promise me you won't eat the ingredients before we get to use them" Daehyun chuckled. 

"Arrasseo, I promise" You smiled back and you both started getting the ingredients. You both wore aprons and started making the cheesecake. You took the lead for the most part, but you'd let Daehyun do the mixing and adding some of the ingredients as you watched over him carefully. While you were reading the instructions again, Daehyun grabbed the hand mixing beater and put it up using it as a mic. 

"Annyonghaseyo, reporter Jung Daehyun imnida" 

"not again" You laughed making him laugh along with you. 

"Nae, Today we have a very special guest baking with us. Soyeon-shi? Can you please share what you are baking with the audience?" He put the hand mixing beater up to your chin and you got a little cream on your face. 

"I'm making cheesecake for someone's birthday" 

"ohhh, for who? Is it okay for you to share who it is with us?" He said. 

"Nae" you said. Daehyun started whiping the cream off of your face while you were still talking. "It's for my boyfriend" 

"Wahh, He must be lucky to have you make cheesecake for him.. when-ever-he-wants" He gave you the eye. 

"Don't even think about it, I don't have that much time for you" You said. Daehyun chuckled and he put the hand mixing beater down on the counter. You were now done with everything and you set the cake in the fridge. "Yah" Your eyes widened. 

"Wae?" 

"Cheesecake needs to be in the fridge for a day for it to become cheescake." Daehyun's eyes widened. After a moment of silence, Daehyun suddenly got the cake out of the fridge. 

"What are you doing?" You watched him put the cake in the freezer. 

"It'll finish faster that way" He smirked. 

"But-"

"Let's go upstairs" He suddenly grabbed your wrist and pulled you upstairs. You both walked into the bedroom and he opened his closet. He pulled out a box from the top and then sat down against the closet. You slid down and sat next to him. 

"What's this?" He opened the box and took out a pile of photos. You looked at the photos and smiled. It was old photos of the both of you, since high school. You remembered how he tried to stick all the ripped photos together again while crying. You smiled weakly. 

"Remember this?" He pointed at a picture of you and him in a school uniform. It took you a while to think. 

"Ah!" You clapped your hands together. "Our third date" You smiled. 

"Wah~ You got your memories back, and you remember well now" He smiled and poked your cheek. You grabbed a pile of photos and looked at each one smiling. 

"Oppa you changed, so much" You chuckled looking up at him and comparing the photos. You came across a white envelope with a small heart drawn on the bottom corner. "What's this?" Daehyun looked up and his eyes widened. He grabbed it from you and hit it behind his back. 

"Nothing" He said. 

"Doesn't seem like nothing, .. what is it?" He didn't reply. "What is it?" You whined but he just closed his eyes and sighed. "If you don't let me see it, I won't go out with you today" He opened his eyes and looked up at you. "Fine I won't go out with you" You shrugged and looked at the other photos. You stopped again and looked up at him "I'll give you 3 seconds, One....twooo..If you don't I'm going to tell your mom about how you ed my shirt" Daehyun's eyes widened. You got out your phone and got her phone number ready. "One... twoooo.. thre-!"

"It's a letter!" He shut his eyes.

"I know that, it's obvious. I want to know, when, where, why, and most of all to who" You glared at him.

"Aishh" He squeezed his eyes shut.

"Daedabhae! (Answer me!)"

"Arrasseo!" Daehyun yelled back. "It's a.. confession letter.."

You scoffed getting all the wrong thoughts. "To who?" You glared at him. 

"You.." You stopped glaring at him and you blushed a bit. Daehyun on the other hand, was flushed red. "It's too embarrassing.. aish the things I wrote down.." He cursed himself. You chuckled and held out your hand. 

"I want to read it" You smiled. His eyes widened. "I won't judge, besides it was back in highschool so I understand" Daehyun just stared at you. "Give it~" You whined. He slowly placed it in your hands and you opened it excitedly. Daehyun closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. "Ehm. Dear Soyeon. I know you probably want to crumble this letter because you hate me so much from how much I annoy you, but just endure it a bit and read it till the end" You chuckled. "Wah you're handwriting back then" You laughed. 

"Yah" You smiled back. 

" 'Jung Daehyun' You said that name irritates you the most, so does 'Soyeon', it irritates me. It irritates me because it's been making me moody a lot these days. I'm happy when you're talking to me, even though it's just fighting, but then suddenly I'm mad when I see you talking to other guys" 

"Oh god" Daehyun lays down on the floor and laughs covering his face. 

"I've mistaken myself for having heart problems because everytime you were around me my heart would start beating so fast I thought I was going to die" 

"Michigenae! (i'm going crazy)" He yelled and laughed still covering his face. You laughed so hard. 

"You were always cheesy" You kicked him with your foot. "I don't know when it started, but I realised it in about half the year. I started to realise that the face I once called ugly, or maybe twice.. or more, was actually beautiful. I'm not good at writing love letters, in fact this is my first love letter I have ever wrote" You gasped and looked at Daehyun. "Aww~ Oppa~!" You hugged him even though he was laying down, then sat back up.

"Even though I don't know how to write this type of crap, I put in the effort to show you that if you accept to go out with me on a date, then I will surely put in so much effort. And even if you don't, I'll still follow you around until you start liking me" Daehyun had given up on life and basically layed down emotionaless as he drew circles on the ground.

"I like you, and I always think about you, I don't think I will ever get over you, so please go out with me this weekend. I-" 

"Keuman!" Daehyun grabbed the paper and put it back in the box. 

"wae! I'm not done!" 

"I think you got the idea" He glared at you. You laughed. 

"Yep,  you were always as cheesy. I think if you gave me this letter back then, I would've crumbled it half way into reading it" You chuckled. "Keundae (but), why didn't you give it to me?" 

"We had a fight in math class.. so I didn't want to give it to you anymore.." 

"aigoo.. and you say I'm the drama queen" you muttered. 

 

After an hour of the cheesecake being in the freezer, you took it out and hopped into the car heading to Han river. When you both arrived you layed a piece cloth on the ground and you took out the cake. You placed the candles in place and lit them up. 

"Saengil chukha hamnida! Saengil Chukha hamnida! Saranghaneun oori Daehyunie, Saengil chukha hamnida" You sang while Daehyun  was smiling the whole time. "Make a wish" He held his hands and closed his eyes, taking a few seconds on his wish. He opened his eyes and blew the candles. "woo!" You clapped and cheered. You handed him the knife and he took it, then started cutting through the cake as you cheered again. You took the knife away from him as you cut the other part. 

"It's still not done" You said as you pouted. 

"Kwenchana, we can still eat it, it's good enough" You cut out the piece of cake and placed it on a plastic plate then handed it to him. He went straight into eating it. "Jagiyah! Igo chincha mashisso! (it tastes so good)" Your eyes widened as you looked at Daehyun eating. 

"Jagiyah?" You said. Daehyun froze and realised what he said. There was a moment of silence. 

"Ehm. so. what's wrong with that, we're together so why is it shocking" He said trying to sound tough even though he was clearly blushing. 

"Ani, it's just.. we don't really call eachother those things.." He looks up at you. 

"And that's our problem, we call eachother 'yah' and thats no good." He shook his spoon in front of you. "From now on it's jagiyah, yoebo-"

"That's a bit embarrassing-"

"-oppa"

"I already call you that though-" 

"And ofcourse goongjoo. If you're too shy to say those then we can try them in english. There's Honey, sweetheart-"

"Daehyu-"

"cheesecake, pumpkin-"

"Daehyun-"

"dear-"

"OPPA!" you yelled. He finally stopped the list that you thought would never end. 

"I was joking, just call me whatever" He laughs. He grabbed the knife and cut you a piece of cake. "Mogo (eat)" He handed it to you chuckling. After eating the cake you both sat and looked at the night sky. 

"one second" you smiled as you got up, going to get something from the car. Daehyun's eyes followed your every move. "I prepared fireworks!" You said cheerfully. They were the small fireworks that you could use anywhere. Daehyun smiled widely and grabbed one. You both lit them and watched them shoot to the sky and blow up. You smiled as you watched it explode in the sky.  "It's so pretty" You said while looking at the sky. Daehyun looked at your twinkling eyes and he smiled. He remembered when he kissed you on new years in front of the fireworks. He leaned in and pecked your cheek. You looked at him not expecting it at all. 

"Gomawo, for being here for me. I don't know what I would be doing now without you" He smiled. 

"Anya, I should be thanking you. If it wasn't for you, I would still be in a very dark place right now" You smiled back. You put your hand in your pocket and took out a box. "Happy Birthday" you smiled. 

'Mwoyah?" 

"Birthday gift" You put it in his hands. Daehyun opened the box and his eyes widened. 

"Yah, I can't accept this" 

"Wae~! It even has our names carved on it! I had to order this 2 months before your birthday!" It was a Cartier brand watch. 

"Why would you spend so much baboya" 

"It's not much" You smiled. 

"Jangna? (you kidding?) Yah! Igo bisa! (this is expensive)" He shook the box in front of your face. 

"Kwenchana! I chose a watch because I know you will keep looking at the time at work.. and at the same time I wanted you to remember us so I had our names carved in" You smiled. 

"I feel bad.." He bit his lip. 

"Ah wae~! Just take it!" You pushed the box to his chest. Daehyun smiled. 

"Gomawo~i'm really touched" He placed it in his pocket so he could pull you into his embrace. He was hugging you so tight and you hugged him back smiling. He pulled away and looked into your eyes moving your hair away from your face. He caressed your cheeks before leaning in slowly. He landed his soft lips safely on yours and kissed you passionatly. After pulling away he looked you deep in the eyes. "Don't even think of running away" He smirked, he then leaned in again and kissed you just as passionatly as every other kiss he has gifted you with. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankyou for reading! Stay tuned for updates^^