Chapter 20

Forgotten Memories

You ran downstairs crying. 

"Goongjoo"

"waah oori goongjoo"

"Goongjooyah"

"Yah goongjoo!"

"GOONGJOO"

The flashbacks of him calling you were like flashing lights. You cried even more while putting on your coat and boots. Daehyun stood in the room with his head hung low. He felt the need to run after you but it just didn't feel that real to him. Tears were sliping down his cheeks, you ran out, it happened, but it was too hard to take in. It made it hard for him to believe it. He heard the front door slam from downstairs. He cocked his head up and paused for a few seconds. He ran downstairs and saw that your coat and boots were missing. He grabbed a coat and slipped into his boots that matched yours and ran out the door. He was putting his coat on while running. 

"AHJUSSHI, LOCK THE DOOR" He screamed at his driver and ran out of the gate. He didn't know where he was going, but he just kept on running. 

"GOONGJOO" He screamed while running. People cocked their head and looked at him in a weird way. He didn't care and he kept on running. He stopped in the middle of whereever and put the back of his hand up to his mouth. The tears started rolling down. 

 

He opened the door for you. His eyes widened. 

"I thought you were never going to see me again after what happened" Youngjae said shocked that you were at his front door. 

"You knew right?" You said with a face stained with tears. 

"mw-mwol.." 

"You knew that it was daehyun right?!" Youngjae's eyes widened. 

"You found out?"

"So you did know?! Yet you had the urge to say that it was you all along?!" You said raising your voice. Youngjae blinked away and avoided eye contact. 

"eo." He simply said. 

"mwoh?"

"Keurae, I said it was me, so what?" He said looking back at you. You scoffed shocked and not believing what he just said. 

"Yoo Youngjae!!" 

"I wanted to be with you the moment I saw you!" He said looking you in the eye and raising his voice back at you. 

"This isn't what's important right now! Why didn't you tell me it was Daehyun?!" 

"What's the point of telling you! You guys ended up together again anyway!" He said getting mad. You starred at him in disbeleif. 

"You still lied" You said backing away. 

"YOU LIAR! YOU'RE ALL LIARS" You screamed and ran off. 

You entered the bus and took the back seat. You put on your headphones and listened to music on your ipod. People got off and on the bus but you just stayed there.

 

Youngjae opened the door again to find Daehyun there. He was panting and trying to breath. 

"Did Soyeon come here?" He said taking breaths in between his words. 

"Eo. She left a while ago" Youngjae said. Daehyun turned around and started running again. He got out his phone and dialed your number. It rang and rang but you didn't pick up. He remembered that it was in his bedrooms floor and he ended the call. He ran his fingers through his hair. *Where the hell are you*

 

The bus stopped at a station and you saw a bar. You stood up and decided to go in. You stood outside the bar and stared at the bar's slogan. 

Drink your worries away~ 

*This is a bad idea* You thought. You're not the type to drink unless it was an event, and even so, you'd only take a few sips. 

*Flashback*

He came through the front door walking sloppily. You ran up to Daehyun and held him for support. 

"You drank? I thought you quit for me" You said walking him to the couch. He layed down and struggled when trying to take off his tie. 

"It's not coming off" He whined. You took it off for him and placed it on the table. He ed the first button of his shirt and closed him eyes. 

"Oppa" 

"calm down chincha.. it was just a graduation party" He said sounding lazy. 

"You still broke your promise" 

"Jajeungna! (So annoying)" He said sitting up and messing up the back of his hair. You starred at him. 

"oppa" He ignored you and stood up walking upstairs. He walked into the room and jumped on the bed. You followed right behind him. 

"I can see the stars.." he said with his eyes closed while laying down on his stomach. You sighed and watched him go to sleep. 

*Another flashback* 

"APPA STOP" He kept beating up your mom. You ran infront of her and spread out your arms as a sheild. 

"PIKYO (move)" He screamed and tried to get to your mom. You hugged your mom and he whipped your back with his belt. Your father reaked the smell of alchohol and the smell of woman's perfume. A tear slipped down your face but your didn't scream once after that. 

You closed your eyes tightly then opened them again. *I just want to forget again* You walked into the bar and you were the only one wearing normal clothes. Everyone else were wearing dresses and suits. You decided to walk out as you felt like you didn't fit in. You walked the streets and saw a tent. You walked in and ordered a bottle of soju. You stared at the soju that you just poured into the shot cup. You took a deep breath and swallowed the shot. You took many shots until you felt a little drunk. You felt someone grab your shoulder. You turned around and an old man smirked at you. 

"Do you have nowhere to go?" He said taking a seat beside you. You nodded and took another shot. 

"Aigoo, drinking alone must be sad" He said starring at you. As much as you hated it, you really needed Daehyun right now. He poured you another shot and you bowed your head and drank it. He held your arms and pulled you up. 

"kaja, I'll give you a place to stay at tonight" You walked sloppily while he held you in his arms.

"shireo" You said whining and having no energy at all as you tried to shrug him off. 

"ah kajaa" he said as he pulled you out. He shoved you in the back of the car and he started driving off. You leaned your head on the window. 

"Goongjoo" He said smiling

"Baboya! Do you know how dangerous that is! You have to drink more water" He whined.

"Saranghaeyong~" He said doing a heart shape while doing aegyo. 

You smiled and closed your eyes. 

You felt someone shake you and pull you out of the car. Yoomi was walking down the street as she has just finished shopping and saw the scene. "oh.. isn't that Soyeon?" She kept walking. "it is!" She then saw the guy pull you towards a building. 

"YAH AHJUSSHI" She said speed walking. The man's attention went to Yoomi. "What are you doing to her?" 

He smiled. "You shouldn't into other people's business" He showed his ugly teeth. 

"Yah Soyeon-ah, irona" She said patting you. You moved your head and looked up at her. 

"Irona! Chincha." She grabbed you away from the man. 

"What are you doing?" He said getting mad.

"Yah. If Daehyun sees this how do you think he'll react?!" She asked you as she totally ignored the guy. She put your arm around her shoulder and dragged you. 

"YAH!" the man screamed. Yoomi rolled her and turned around. She got out a 1000$ check and threw it to the ground. 

"I'll pay for her, give me a call if it's not enough" She said and turned around. She put you into her car and stared at you in disbelief. She scuffed at how drunk you are. 

"I thought you don't drink" 

"I didn't drink" You said looking everywhere.

"I'll take you home" 

"Andwae! you can't. I am very mad at oppa, he did a big wrong thing so I cannot see him" You said making a huge circle with your hands to show how big it was. Yoomi rolled her eyes and drove off. 

 

Daehyun had no choice but to walk home and wait till you got back. He dragged his feet into his room and saw the photo on the ground. He got out his phone and called your phone. He watched your phone ring. The ringtone was set to a recording of his voice singing and the picture was a picture of you two hugging eachother in Lotte World. The photo was taken by a stranger and you were both smiling so happily. He ended the call and he bend down to take the photo you threw on the ground. He climbed on the bed and leaned against the bed's board. He held the photo in his hands and starred at it. he touched your face in the photo. 

"Mianhae" He said tearing up. 

 

You opened your eyes and sat up holding onto your head. It hurt so bad. You looked around, it wasn't a familiar place. 

"You're up?" You saw Yoomi enter the room with a cup of coffee. 

"How did I get here?" You asked shocked. 

"You were drunk and a guy was taking you to his place, I stopped him and brought you here" She took a sip of coffee. You hid your face of embarrassment. "Go wash up" She threw a towel at you. You walked to the bathroom and was shocked at how your face looked like. It was pale and your lips were dry. You remembered how sick Daehyun was, he was much better when you left but you were still worried, he hadn't fully recovered. 

 

Daehyun put his head against the door and tried catching his breath. He got up slowly and flushed away the vomit. He washed his face and rinsed out his mouth. He looked in the mirror and thought of how you took care of him. He hadn't taken his medication last night or this morning. He walked out of the bathroom and walked downstairs. Daehyun took his medication and ate some lunch. He lost his appetite half way through eating and stood up frustrated, he wore his coat and left again looking for you. 

 

You left the bathroom and shut the door behind you. 

"What happened between you and Daehyun?" She said crossing her arms. 

"Just.. something stupid" You said walking away. You sat down on the bed and put your knees up to your chest. You sat there thinking about him for hours. You hated him. You felt like he played you because you were a stupid girl who couldn't remember anything. If you ever saw him again you would punch him even though your punches weren't that strong, but then again you would also hug him because of how much you missed him right now. You needed him, and you hated that. 

 

He walked the streets, entering every mall, shop, restaurant that he saw. He rode the bus and got off at every stop. 

"Ahjumma, have you seen this girl?" He asked random people. No one knew. 

"Excuse me ahjumma have you seen this girl?" She took time to look at the picture. 

"Ah she was at my friends tent yesterday" She said with an old accent. 

"Tent?"

"Nae, she was drinking and she left with a guy" Daehyun's heart dropped. *it can't be her, she doesn't drink* "If you go down the street you will find that tent" She said pointing at the end. Daehyun bowed and thanked her. He dialed Youngjae. 

"Yah, is she with you?" 

"Anyo, wae you still didn't find her?" Youngjae replied. Daehyun paused for a second. 

"Keuno (hanging up)" he said and ended the call. *it can't be her, I'm certain* 

 

You entered the house in the middle of the night. You had left earlier to drink. You walked and leaned on the walls. 

"YAH! How could you leave like that!" She screamed at you. "You drank again?" She said seeing how drunk you were. 

"So noisy" You said walking away. 

"Omo, you smell like .. ehhh how much did you drink?!" Yoomi got out her perfume and started spraying everywhere while holding her breath. 

 

 

 

It was now the fourth day of you being gone. *If she doesn't come back, I'm reporting it to the police*. 

You sat there starring at Yoomi eat lunch. 

"Yah, eat! If you don't eat Daehyun is going to think I put you on hunger strike! How will that make me look?" She said stabbing the meat with her chopsticks. *Psh. She's not even worried about my health* It's been 4 days since you left. You were drinking all the time and Yoomi always nagged about it. Yoomi wiped and stood up. 

"I'm going out shopping today. Prada's new collection arrived and I have to go get the bag I was waiting for. Don't go out drinking or else I will call Daehyun to come pick you up for real this time" She threatened. She got all dressed up and left you. You wished you were like Yoomi, all you had to worry about were your clothes. You sat around doing nothing. You opened the closets in the kitchen looking for biscuits but found some soju bottles. You thought about it for a few seconds but then you just grabbed the bottle. You opened it and started taking shots again. You wanted to just forget about everything. 

 

"YAH! You drank again?!" She rushed in and saw you layig your head on the table with bottles of soju around you. "And you're wearing my shirt" She teared up at the "horror" that was in front of her. 

"AISH! Chincha! I can't stand this anymore! Yah! you're ruining my clothes and everytime I come in you smell so bad! I'm calling Daehyun" She got out her phone from her purse. You grabbed her arm. 

"Hajima!" You screamed. She shoved you off. She continued to type Daehyun's name. You reached for the phone and she was backing away. 

"Yah no michosseo?! Don't touch me I just did my nails" she shoved you off and dialed his number. 

 

Daehyun saw his phone vibrate and he flinched. His first thought was you. He then saw the caller's name. His eyes became dull. He didn't answer. His phone rang again and it kept bothering him. 

"Wae?!" He rose his voice when he answered the call. 

"Yah! Your girlfriend is crazy! She went off with a random guy after getting drunk! I got her here and she reaks the smell of alchohol everyday and I'm tired of lending her my clothes! Pick her up" Daehyun's eyes widened. 

"What did you just say?" He said standing up. 

"Come pick her up! You fall for the weirdest girls Daehyun" 

"Where are you?" he said running down the stairs. 

"Nae chib (my house)" 

"arrasseo I'll come now" he said putting on his coat. He ended the call and got into his car. He drove so fast and his heart was pounding as fast as the speed of his car. 

 

She put down the phone and crossed her arms. 

"He's coming to pick you up" 

"I'm not going" 

"You are, if not I'm kicking you out" She said walking away. You walked back to the table and continued drinking. You didn't want to see Daehyun but you did at the same time. You layed your head on the table and started crying. 

"I want cheesecake" You cried. You heard a door click open but you ignored it assuming it was Yoomi. Daehyun stood there not believing his eyes. He saw the 2 bottles of soju and how drunk you looked. You felt someone cover you with a jacket. You sat up straight and looked at Daehyun. 

"Nuguseyo" you pretended to not know him. He held you for support. 

"Kaja.." he said not answering your question. You swung his arm off of you. You took off the jacket and slammed it on the ground. Daehyun looked down at his jacket. He had his head hung low as he picked it up. He reached for you. 

"Kaja" He said calmly tearing up right now. 

"I'm not going, shireo, I hate you!" You screamed at him. You pushed him with very little power. His head was still hung low and he allowed you to push him. Yoomi came out of the room. 

"Finally! good thing you came. Here are her clothes" She said handing him a plastic bag. He bowed and avoided showing his face as he was tearing up right now. Yoomi pushed you both out of the house. 

"Fight outside!" She slammed the door. Daehyun grabbed your hand and you swung it off again. He grabbed it again but you swung it off once more. You started swinging your arm in front of him as if to sho something away. 

"There's a cloud! It won't go" You said and sobbed.

"Goongjoo" He said sounding serious this time. 

"Since when were you here?" You said shocked. 

"How much did you drink? I thought you hated drinking" He said starting to get mad. 

"Na? I didn't drink, I don't drink" You said and suddenly stopped sobbing. 

"Is it true you left with a man" 

"eo. He was handsome for an ahjushi. keurigo he treated me better than you" You said walking away. You tripped and he held you in his arms. He walked you over to his car and opened the door to the front seat. You pushed him off. 

"Let go, I'm not going. I'm staying here" 

"Paboya! You just got kicked out of the house! You have nowhere to go!" He said raising his voice at you. 

"Then I'll stay here! In this spot!" you sat down on the ground crossing your legs. 

"Irona." He said in a calm serious way. 

"Shireo" you crossed your arms. 

"Do you think I'm playing around now?! Irona!" He said grabbing both your writs and pulling you up. 

"Shireo!!" You said pulling your self back down. 

"Fine. Stay here. Stay here like a stubborn idiot who doesn't want to hear the other person's side of the story!" He rose his voice and walked away. He got into the car and drove off. 

"YAH! MONGCHONGI !" You screamed while standing up and stomping your feet. You watched him drive off. You walked away and headed to the tent. It was a 25 minute walk . You thought you were lost until you saw the tent. You walked a few steps until you felt somebody pick you bridal style and walk. You tried getting his grip off of you. You screamed and kicked your legs. 

 

 

"Be quiet!" He said. You looked at his face and it was Daehyun. You immediatly calmed down. You haven't been this close to his face in so long. It felt like years. He opened the front door of his car and put you in. He got in from the other side. 

 

"Seatbelt" He said while turning the car on. You were mad again and you ignored him. 

"You're not putting it on?" He said still looking at you. You ignored him and kept looking at the road infront of you. He leaned in, your faces were so close. Your eyes widened. You heard a click and he backed away. He buckled your seatbelt. He put on his and he started driving. 

"Stop the car-" 

"I'll explain when we get home" He cut you off. 

"You won't stop the car?"

"I said I'll explain!" He screamed. You were startled at his voice. Your eyes teared up and you looked forward. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Updated! but nothing much happened :/ I know you guys expected him to explain in this chapter but I just though that that would be too soon, maybe I was wrong. I don't know :') kekekek Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and stayed tuned for more updates! Thanks for reading! ^^