Chapter 23

Forgotten Memories

"Coming!" You yelled while heading to the door. You swung the door open smiling until you saw Youngjae standing in front of you. Your smile slowly dropped and you just stared at him. 

"Goongjoo!" Daehyun popped his head out from the side. Your eyes shifted to him and you gave him a slight smile. What was Youngjae doing here? Did he come here with Daehyun? Your mind was being loaded with those thoughts. 

"It's cold~" You heard Daehyun whine. You took a step back and allowed them to enter. Youngjae had his head hung low and he just stood there not facing you. 

"I'll get dinner" You smiled at Daehyun. He nodded and watched you walk into the kitchen. Youngjae headed back to the door. Daehyun grabbed his wrist. 

"Odiga? (Where are you going)" 

"I can't face her, I lied to her" Youngjae said. He reached for the door knob. 

"I did too" Youngjae looked at Daehyun. 

"It's ready" You came in between them. Daehyun let go of his wrist. Youngjae followed Daehyun and you to the kitchen. You sat down the opposite side of Youngjae and Daehyun and started eating. It was quiet and there was an awkward atmosphere. Daehyun though, he was just eating normally. You starred at Daehyun. How the hell are Youngjae and Daehyun not fighting? or not even glarring at eachother? That's when you noticed Daehyun's busted lip. You knew it. 

"Daehyun" He hummed back and continued stuffing food in his mouth. "Why is your lip busted? Did you get into a fight?" Youngjae stopped chewing slowly and looked away. Daehyun stopped chewing and looked up. His mouth was still full. You both stared at eachother for a few seconds. He then looked away and continued chewing. 

"Daehyun"

"I bumped into a pole" He said letting out a sigh. 

"You think I'm gonna buy that?" He didn't reply. He continued putting more food on his plate. 

"Daehyun if you don't tell me th-"

"Ah arraseo! I bumped into a drunk guy and he gave me a punch because I wouldn't apologize" He whined. 

"A punch?" You asked crossing your arms. 

"Two." Youngjae replied. You looked at Youngjae. Daehyun looked at you both and noticed the look you were giving. 

"Youngjae helped me out" Daehyun quickly said. You looked at Daehyun confused. "He stopped the drunk guy from punching me" He said avoiding eye contact with you. You were speechless. Should you thank him? It was just so awkward, you didn't know-

"Mianhae" Youngjae blurted out. You looked at him again. "I'm sorry for lying to you. I got excited that I finally got to see you again.. but that made me be selfish I guess..I'm sorry for lying.." You continued to stare at him. "It's okay if you don't want to forgive me I just wanted to-" 

"I understand." You cut him off. He looked up at you. "I forgive you" you smiled. Youngjae smiled back. Daehyun glarred at both of you. You felt someone kick you from under the table. You looked at Daehyun. 

'stop smiling' He mouthed you the words. You laughed and smiled at Youngjae again. Daehyun looked over at Youngjae who was sitting next to him. 

"Mwoyah.." Youngjae mumbled. Daehyun stood up and walked out of the kitchen. You tried not to laugh but you ended up slamming your head onto the table and laughing so hard. You sat back up and looked at Youngjae. 

"He's jealous because I smiled at you" Youngjae started laughing. 

"He was always like this" he replied. 

 

It was a while after you had cleaned up the kitchen that you came out ot the living room and sat with the boys. They were both playing Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 on the PS3. They both had headphones on and they looked so focused. You called them a few times but they didn't reply. You stood in front of the TV for the fun of it to watch their reactions. 

"Pikyoh(move)" Daehyun said seriously. You shook your head and spread out your arms.

"Pikkyoh~" He whined. You laughed so hard.

"AH PIKKYOH! PIKKYOH SOYEAN-AH! THE ZOMBIES ARE HERE" He yelled while moving his head around a couple of times trying to get a glimpse of the screen. They were both screaming. Daehyun used one of his legs that was crossed to kick you. He kicked you a few times. He then tried to push you with one hand. You stood there laughing so hard. 

"PARK SO YEON" "PIKKYO" "SOYEON CHINCHA" "AH MWOYAH" "YOUNGJAE REVIVE ME" They were both screaming at the same time. Daehyun kicked you and you slipped landing flat on the ground. Both their attention went to you straight away.

"Oh.. .." Daehyun took off his headphones and starred at you. He heard you sniffing. 

"Soyeon-ah~" he crawled to you. "Goongjoo mianhae" he shook you. "Goongjoo-yah.. goon-" You shot up straight and turned off the TV. You started laughing so hard. 

"YAH" He said after watching the horror. Youngjae's eyes widened. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! WE REACHED ROUND 17! AND NOW UGHH~" He shook you a couple of times then he landed on the floor. He layed flat on the ground staring at the ceiling. 

"This won't do. Let's break up" He turned his face to you. 

"Arrasseo" you smiled. You walked over to Youngjae. Daehyun's eyes widened.

"Youngjae-ah~" You grabbed his arm. 

"YAH" He shot up from the ground. 

"What do you want? you're not my boyfriend anymore" You said sticking out your tongue. 

"Exactly" Youngjae added smirking. Daehyun pushed you away from Youngjae. He sat on top of Youngjae and grabbed his shirt. They both started tackling eachother on the ground. You tried breaking them apart but they just wouldn't. You were confused at whether it was serious or just for fun. 

"KEUMANHAE" You screamed. They both stopped and starred at you. 

"let's have some quiet" You said. They let go of eachothers shirts and stood up fixing themselves. 

"What time is it" Youngjae asked breathless. 

"10:30" Daehyun replied after checking his phone and breathing heavily. Youngjae's eyes widened. 

", I have to go" he grabbed his phone. 

"Yah inma(punk), we just started the fun" Daehyun whined. 

"My mom is staying at my house mongchonga" He replied putting on his coat. 

"Chincha?! Onjae wasseo?! (when did she come)" He replied wide eyed. 

"Yesterday" He replied. You watched Daehyun and Youngjae talk together. You felt bad for Daehyun. He hasn't hung around with his best friend for so long. You felt like he needed to spend some time with a guy. You watched him pat his shoulder and wave goodbye to him. You waved to Youngjae and he waved back. You closed the door and locked it. You followed Daehyun upstairs into his room and watched him throw himself on the bed.  

"Had fun today?" You walked over to the bed. 

"Eo" He smiled at you. He looked up at the ceiling. "I missed having a guy around" He then noticed what he said. He thought it would hurt you. "Not that I don't like you being around, just that-"

"I get it Daehyun, I'm not mad" You laughed. "I also feel like I need a girl around. I mean ever since High school I was around you and Youngjae. Yoomi doesn't count because our friendship didn't last long" You said untying your hair and letting it down. "My mom is not even here" You said. Daehyun started feeling bad for you. It was true, the only girl you were around ever since high school was your mom. But now she's not here. 

"Want me to call my mom?" Daehyun said. Your eyes widened. 

"Anya! Kwenchana!' You were scared of meeting his parents. Yes they knew about you before but they hadn't met you in person yet. They were in Singapore for a business they were running and they came back when you forgot your memories. 

"kokjongma (don't worry), my mom will like you" He smiled. 

"Anya, I'm scared" You said. 

"Kwenchana!" He sat up and leaned against the bed's board. 

"Stop talking and go to sleep" you laughed walking up to the door. 

"Where are you going?" he asked. 

"My room" 

"Just move into my room, seriously" He said. Your eyes widened. 

"What is wrong with you these days! No, no way" You walked out of his room. You climbed onto your bed and closed your eyes getting under the covers. 

"Then I'll move into your room" You gasped in shock and turned around. Daehyun was there laying down next to you on your bed, smiling with his hands on your waist. 

"Kamjackyah.. (you scared me), Yah! Anya just go to your room" You said trying to push him off of the bed. 

"You're so mean to me!" He whined. 

"That's not true! You just never listen!" You said still trying to push him off. He grabbed your elbows all of a sudden and pushed you against the bed so that he was now sitting up while you were laying down. 

"It is" He said seriously. You both starred at eachother for a few seconds. You shuffled trying to break the silence. 

"Daehyun I want to sleep" Daehyun didn't reply and he just kept starring into your eyes. You avoided eye contact as you started to feel shy. Daehyun slowly leaned in and you felt his soft lips on yours. He gave you a deep kiss before pulling away slowly. 

"You can't hold Youngjae's arm again" He said seriously. You nodded. You could feel your cheeks burning and and turned your face away. Daehyun let go of your arms and he sat up properly. 

"I'm going to my room, Good night" he smiled. 

"Night" You smiled back. He slipped off the bed and turned of the lights off in your room. You regretted sending him away. You grabbed your other pillow and hugged it. You imagined it was Daehyun and you closed your eyes falling asleep. 

 

You woke up looking around the room. Your phone was beeping and making so much noise. You grabbed it and played the voice message. 

"Goongjoo-yah, why aren't you answering my calls? Any way I'll be home in about 5 minutes, it's just raining a lot today and there's so much traffic, that's why I took a while. See you soon darling" You rubbed your eyes and walked out of the room. It was still raining and there was a bit of thunder. You dialed Daehyun's number while walking down the hallway. He wasn't picking up. You dialed the number again and started heading to the stairs.You heard his ringtone and you stopped in your steps. 

"Daehyun?" There was no reply. You continued walking down the steps and followed the ringtone's sound. You saw him laying down on the couch with his back facing you. You sighed and ended the call. 

"Oppa" You said walking up to him. 

"Oppa irona, let's go up-" You turned his body to face you and you dropped your phone screaming. Daehyun's face was punched and bruised and he was bleeding everywhere. His eyes were closed and no matter how many times you shook him he wouldn't budge. 

 

You opened your eyes and shot up sitting straight on your bed. You were breathing heavily and the first thing you thought of was Daehyun. You ran to his room and he wasn't there. You started panicking and searched the whole second floor. Still no sign of him. You heard some sounds from downstairs. You ran to your room and dis-attached the phone from the wire of the telephone for a weapon. You walked downstairs slowly and saw that there was someone in the kitchen. You walked in slowly and grabbed the knife on the table and held it with both hands, pointing it at the person. The phone fell on the ground and the person turned around. You were scared to death and there were tears forming in your eyes. 

"Soyeon? What are you doing?" He walked closer to you. 

"Oppa?" You calmed down hearing his voice. He the lights in the kitchen and saw the knife in your hands. His eyes widened and he quickly grabbed it from you placing it in the sink. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" He freaked. "Kwenchana? Are you hurt?" he said panicking and checking if you were hurt. You shook your head. He noticed your face was pale and that's when he knew you had a nightmare. He pulled you into his chest and patted your head. A few tears slid down your cheeks but you were calm, you weren't sobbing, you felt safe again. You hugged Daehyun back and just stared into space thinking while the tears kept sliding down your cheeks. He held you tighter and kissed your head. 

"You had a nightmare didn't you" You nodded. 

"Kwenchana, don't think about it too much. It means nothing" He said rubbing your back. He pulled you out of his chest slowly and noticed the tears stained on your cheeks. He cupped your face and wiped your tears with his thumbs. He then bend down and turned his back to you. 

"What are you doing?" You asked confused. 

"Cha. Get on my back, I'll give you a piggy back ride" He said. You wrapped your arms around his neck and got onto his back. He stood up and held onto both your legs and walked out of the kitchen turning off the lights. You rested your head on his shoulder and wondered off in your thoughts. Even though you didn't know who would've done that to Daehyun in the nightmare, you just had a feeling it would be your father. You don't know what your father is planning now and you were starting to feel scared. You wanted to run away with Daehyun to a place where no one knows you two and just live a normal life. You tightened your arms around Daehyun's neck just slightly and he smiled. He carried you into your room and slid down off his back and landed your feet on the ground. He turned around and smiled at you. 

"Want me to spend the night with you?" You nodded. You both got under the covers and he wrapped his hands around your waist. You both stared at eachother. 

"was I in it?" He asked. You stared blankly. "The nightmare" he added. You nodded. 

"Oppa's face was bruised, and no matter how much I shook you, you wouldn't move" He felt his heart ache. "I was scared you left this world" You added. Daehyun moved a few strands of hair away from your face and leaned in planting a kiss on your temple. 

"Oppa will never leave" You smiled feeling safe. He brought you into his chest and patted you to sleep. He was starting to get worried. He didn't tell you about the call he recieved a few weeks ago. Your father called Daehyun telling him to bring you in to him, and that if he didn't he would face consequences. 

"I'm not crazy to do such a thing. I'd rather face the consequences then bring her in to you like a retarded person. There's something you don't know about me. When it comes to keeping those who I cherish and love the most safe, I am ready to do anything, and I seriously mean anything" He then hung up not allowing him to speak further more. 

He hugged you tighter and kissed your head again. He knew he was getting closer and closer to what he had to face, but even though there's nothing he could do about it other than run, or face it. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yayyyy another chapter! Happy new year guys! I hope you all have had an amazing year in 2013 and I hope the year 2014 will be amazing too! Thankyou so much for reading my story and supporting me! You guys actually take a part in making 2013 amazing for me kekeke! I was actually reallyyyy happy when I saw my first comments and saw how more and more people have read my stories! I hope you liked this chapter! Happy new year! Annyong! ^^