Chapter 27

Forgotten Memories

It was a pretty cold day. You were lying down on couch in the living room staring into space, thinking of Daehyun. You smiled at the memory of him cuddling with you on this very couch, humming to your favorite songs. Your smile slid down gradually when realising that he spends half the day in work, you missed him. But then again, you can't live a broke life. You let out a loud sigh then turned your body to face the cieling. You started daydreaming about his facial features, his eyes, his nose, his lips. You checked your phone for the millionth time, no texts or missed calls. You sat up straight and played with the pillows edges. Youngjae. You haven't heard from him in a while. You smiled and dialed his number. You waited and waited but there was no answer. You pouted and got up walking to the kitchen. 

"wahh~ I'm hungry" You said looking into the fridge. There was nothing good to eat. You heard your phone ring and you cocked your head to the door. Daehyun.  You slammed the fridge's door and ran out to the living room grabbing your phone excitedly. Your smile slid down just a bit. 

"Yobuseyo?" 

"eo Soyeon-ah" 

"Youngjae-yah~ yah. Where have you been, the last time we hung out was at the super market" His chuckle rang through your ears. 

"I've been busy, wae?" 

"Can you come over now, Daehyun is not here and I'm so bored"

"Soyeon-ah. Are you that selfish? Think of what will happen to me! Daehyun will shoot 3 bullets through my brain" 

"Anya~ he won't" You pouted. You heard him let out a sigh. 

"Arrasseo. I'll be there in 15" You smiled widely. *yes*

You plopped yourself on the couch again and waited. I wonder what Daehyun is doing now. The same question that you asked yourself daily was never answered. When Daehyun would come home, he'd eat and be playful a bit, but after a while he'd get tired. You barely spend some quality time with him these days. You haven't went out on dates either lately. You missed him more and more with every minute that went by. Your phone rang again and you answered it lazily. 

"Mian, were you sleeping?" The soothing voice crept a little smile on your face. 

"Ani, I was just laying down" You smiled hearing his chuckle. There was silence for a few seconds. 

"When are you coming?" 

"I'll be late today, probably home by 6? There's a problem here with a few of the staff that we need to settle" He sounded tired. 

"Hope everything works out..Ah oppa, I told Youngjae to come by.. is that.. okay?" He was silent again until he spoke.

"Yeah.. I was getting worried that you're alone so it's good to have company" You smiled gladly. 

"Don't kiss" 

"yah, who said I was" He started laughing and clarified that he was just teasing. 

"And don't open the door for anyone"

"Eung~" 

"I love you" You can tell he said it with a smile. 

"Love you too" The call ended and your heart was beating so fast. It still beats as fast as the first time you guys kissed. You heard the bell ring. You walked up to the door and saw it was Youngjae. 

"Why are you so late?" You said while he entered taking off his shoes and coat. 

"I was buying treats, pretty cold today right?" You nodded. You both walked into the living room and you took out the treats from the plastic bags. He knew exactly what you liked. You stuffed the first treat down your mouth.

"Yah!" Youngjae grabbed it away from you. 

"Waeyo~" You whined with your mouth stuffed. 

"It's for the movie we're gonna watch!" 

 

The movie? Yeah you both ditched that. You were watching 'M Countdown!' live and you were so concentrated on the final results. 

"the winner is... EXO with Miracles In December! Congradulations" 

"YES!" You jumped up squealing while Youngjae's head dropped and he bit his lip. 

"I TOLD YOU!" You jumped up and down pointing at the screen with giggles and squeling. 

"aish I should've voted more for Girls' Day, they could've won with a few more votes" He said biting his lip. You scoffed. 

"Girls' Day? chsh. Your votes wouldn't help, EXO was way ahead of them" 

"You just wait till next time" He pointed at you. 

"There is no next time. EXO wins once, they then win every other time" You sat down and patted his shoulders giving a smirk. You looked at the time. Daehyun said he'd be here by 6. You shrugged , he's probably still busy. 

 

 

"Ah~ I'm so tired" Youngjae laid back on the couch and put his leg on your lap. "Give me a massage" 

"Yah" He kicked you but you were busy in your thoughts. He poked your cheeks with his socks.

"YOUNGJAE" You slapped his foot away and he started laughing so much. 

"You should've seen your reaction" He said still giggling. He poked your cheek again and you kept on whining. 

"Hajima~"

"Arrasseo, arrasseo, mian" He took in a breath after the giggling. "Yobuseyo?" Youngjae answered his phone. 

"Na? I'm at a friend's house... eo it's a girl wae? ... Omma!~" He whined. You listened to him whine over the phone like a kid and you kept on laughing. He kicked you a few times for you to shutup. You covered your mouth and couldn't help but continue laughing. 

"My mom is telling me to go home" 

"Your mom is back?"

"eo she's been staying at my house for a while" you nodded. "You gonna be okay alone?" 

"Yep, Daehyun's on the way anyway" 

"Oh crap then I seriously need to get going" He got up pulling his shirt down. 

"Relax he knows you're here" His eyes widened. 

"You told him?!"

"He's cool with it relax!" You stood up laughing. You walked him up the door and he wore his shoes and coat. 

"Oh right your treats" You turned around but Youngjae turned you back. 

"Keep them, if you don't want them, we both know who can finish that up" You laughed and slapped his arm. 

"Kalkae" He opened the door and waved. 

"Thanks for coming" He smiled. "Annyong" you both waved at eachother and you watched him walk out of the house's gate. You smiled and closed the door. You checked your phone but there was nothing from Daehyun. You walked upstairs and layed down on your bed. You were over dozing in your thoughts and you somehow saw scenarios in your head. You heard a door slam and you opened your eyes. You fell asleep without realizing it. You walked into Daehyun's room and found him taking off his blazer and ing his shirt. 

"oppa.." You said in a sleepy tone. He looked up then back down at ing his shirt. 

"Were you sleeping?" He asked. You nodded. 

"what time is it?" You said with your eyes half closed. 

"9:45" You paused. 

"Why are you so late? Is everything okay" 

"eo, just the problem got bigger and bigger and tomorrow there will be a meeting held to solve it" he took off his shirt and threw it on bed. He wore his pj pants and sat in front, at the edge of bed and starred at you. 

"I'll get dinner" You turned around and held onto the door to support you from your blurry vision. 

"I already ate at the bank" You turned your head around. 

"Keurae?" He nodded smiling slightly still starring at you. You stayed there for a few long seconds wondering why he was starring at you. You started getting worried as his expression didn't look so good.

"Did you eat?" He said after a moment of silence. You nodded slowly, making one corner of his lips lift up slightly. He was quiet again and you couldn't tell why. 

"o-ppa.. why are you starring at me like that?.." He stayed quiet for a more long seconds and then he spoke. 

"I just realized, your face looks more tired nowadays" You cupped your cheek with one hand. "Were you worrying about me?" Your hand slid down and you nodded. "You still look beautiful" your cheecks turned a light shade of pink that was hardly noticable. Is he drunk? 

"I really missed you" He said out of the blue. 

"Is he drunk.." You muttered and somehow he heard it letting out a chuckle. He patted the space next to him. You stood there still trying to figure out whether he was or not. He patted the space again and you walked  up to him slowly. As you starting approaching him closer and closer his eyes twinkled, but before you could sit down he stood up and pulled you into his chest slowly. He leaned his head on yours and he your hair. He noticed you hadn't yet hugged him back. 

"Goongjoo" 

"m?" you said with a slight surprise. 

"I'm not drunk" He chuckled. You wrapped your arms around him and you both stayed there for a while, just in eachothers arms. You could stay hugging him for hours, you wouldn't mind. He pulled you out of the hug and pushed back a few hairstrands behind your ear, away from your face. He looked into your eyes and leaned in kissing you softly. You could see the fireworks again, and you felt the tingly feeling all over your body. He pulled away and looked into your eyes again. He smiled and you saw a crystal clear drop slide down his cheek. 

"oppa waegeurae?.." You cupped his face. 

"Ani.. it's just I'm finally spending time with you in a while" He held your hands and brought them down from his cheeks and up to his lips. He stamped a kiss on your fingers. "Mianhae.. it took so long" You wrapped your arms around him and tightened the grip. 

"Kwenchana.." He hugged you back swaying you a bit from side to side.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for updates^^