Chapter 18

Forgotten Memories

 

"And then?" 

"That's all I remembered.." You said. 

"You did well" He said smiling at you. You looked confused.

"keundae sonsengnim, I can't remember who it is" You noted again in case he didn't hear well. 

"I know" He said still smiling. He laughed a little at your confused expression. "You haven't remembered who it is because it is most likely to remember the events first." Your eyes widened. 

"So that means"

"That you are very close to getting all your memories back." Your eyes widened even more. "You just need to get rid of the thoughts that you don't want to remember anymore, because that thought can lock up the rest of your memories. You need to not be scared and accept what's coming" You took a mental note of your doctor said. It's been 2 weeks since you have been staying at Daehyun's house. It was peaceful,  you aregued sometimes but things would get resolved quickly. Ever since you've been staying with him you'd get weird dreams and memories from the simplest things that you or Daehyun does. Today was your first appointment of the month with your doctor. You walked out of his room speechless. You don't think you're ready to get them all back, or worse, know who it is. You want to know but at the same time you are scared, you're scared because you know it will change everything. Being scared is what has avoided you from thinking about the memories anymore. You were still standing outside of the doctors room with your hand on the handle of the door. You started walking away slowly and thought of Daehyun. *What if I lose him?* You kept walking and with a blank expression. It was chilly these days. You walked the streets and kicked nothing with your boots that Daehyun chose for you when you went out shopping. You smiled at the thought of Daehyun. He was the only thing you have now and you can't lose him. The sun was setting and it was getting colder within minutes. You walked faster until you saw a small department store. You entered and walked through the shelves. You saw some little candies that Daehyun really liked and you decided to buy them. 

 

You entered the house and walked into the kitchen. Daehyun was inside making dinner. He turned his head at the sound of a plastic bag. 

"wasseo? (you're back)" He said smiling. You nodded and gave him a half hearted smile. You knew that things were going to change, and the thought of that made everything scary. You put the plastic bag on the counter and took out the candy and handed it to him. 

"oo, how'd you know I like this?" He said taking it form you, his eyes drifting to the candy then back at you. 

"It's the only one you eat out of all the other candies that I buy" You said walking away for some water. 

"How was the appointment?" He said turning off the stove and turning around while resting his back on the counter. You looked at him.

"Nothing much.. just.. good" You said turning around so that your back was facing him now. He furrowed his eyebrows as he sensed something was not normal. Normally you'd be laughong or teasing him. 

"Something wrong?" 

"Anyo" You said sounding normal and turning around. You walked up to the sink next to him and placed the cup inside. He pushed his back off of the counter and the stove. He continued cooking. You looked at his back and sighed. You walked up behind him and s your arms around his chest. You rested your head on his back.

"Oppa" You said. He hummed back. 

"Do you think things will change when I get back all my memories?" Daehyun stopped stirring and turned off the stove. He didn't say anything for about five seconds until he decided to turn around. You looked you in the eyes interwined his fingers together around your waist. 

"Things will change" He said being honest. "But, we'll sort things out" He said pushing back a few hairstrands behind your ear. "If you promise you won't run away" he continued. You nodded after a few seconds of thinking. You pulled your self into his chest. 

"Gomawo oppa, for staying by the side of a girl that can barely remember anything.." You said holding him tighter. He lifted his arms up slowly and hugged you back. He put one hand on your head and patted your hair slowly. His eyes darkened from sadness and regret. He wanted to say the words 'I'm sorry' 'I did wrong' but he couldn't bring himself to say them. He was waiting for the moment, the moment when you find out everything and decide to hate him. At that time, those words will come out, but will do no good. 

 

You were both sitting at the table eating dinner. You played with your food. Daehyun looked at you from across the table and noticed you not eating. He grabbed some food with his chopsticks and put it up in front of you. You looked up with your eyes widening a bit. 

"ahh" He said. You opened your mouth and he fed you smiling. You chewed while playing with your food again. 

"Mashisseo? (Does it taste good)" he said resting the tip of the chopsticks on his lips. You looked and nodded smiling. You started eating instead of playing with your food, you felt bad that he cooked dinner and you were just playing with the food. You grabbed the cup next to you and put it up to your mouth. A drop of water touched your lips. You noticed there was no more water and you stood up for a refill.

"Just have mine" He said pushing the cup towards you. He sat you back down and got up to fill another cup of water. 

"So what did the doctor say exactly" He said as he was pouring water into the cup. You turned your head and looked at his back. 

"Since I got back a lot of different parts of the memories.. it's soon" You said. "I'll remember everything soon, or atleast the person" You continued. Daehyun put down the jug of water and he put his hands on the counter, making his shoulders tilt more upwards. His head hung low. 

"Kwenchana?" You said worried, his posture didn't look so good. He turned around and sat back on his chair placing the cup on the table. He was the one playing with the food now. 

"O-oppa.." You said causing his head to lift up. 

"Kwenchana.. we just have to be mentally prepared.." he said giving you a half smile. He looked down at his food as he had lost his appetite. 

"I'll get up first" He said smiling to seem normal. He pushed his chair back and stood up. His feet dragged him out of the kitchen. Your eyes followed him out of the kitchen. You turned your head back to the plates. You stood up and carried the plates to the sink. You covered Daehyun's plate of food with some foil and placed it in the fridge. You took the sponge and started scrubbing your plate. You stood there scrubbing for about ten minutes. Your mind wondered off in the thoughts of what would happen after you got your memories back, and all the scenarios you got weren't happy at all. You felt someone suddenly hold onto your hand to stop you from scrubbing. 

"Why didn't you wear gloves, you're hands will get dry and you'll get cuts" A soothing voice said into your ear. You looked at sink and realised you have been scrubbing the same plate for about 10 minutes. You looked to the sides, you haven't even started the cups yet. 

"Mian" You washed your hands and opened the drawer looking for some gloves. You were about to put them on when Daehyun took them from you. 

"I'll do it" He said putting the gloves on. 

"Kwenchana, I can do it" You said wanting the gloves back. He held your hands with your palms facing the ceiling. 

"No, look at your hands" He said rubbing them with his thumbs. He finished scrubbing the cups and plate and set them aside in a few minutes. He took of the gloves and held onto your wrist dragging you to the couch on the living room. He opened one of the cupboards and got out some cream. He plopped down next to you and started applying the cream on your hands. Niether of you said anything. 

"Gomawo.." You said with a quiet voice. He stopped and looked up at you. He leaned in and pecked your forehead. 

"Stop thanking me, you'll come to a point where you'll regret it" He said with sad eyes. 

"I won't" You said sincerely. He fake smiled and went back to rubbing on the cream to your hands. He put the cover back on the cream and he looked up smiling at you. 

"All done" He said standing up. You grabbed his wrist. 

"ohdiga? (where are you going)" He turned his head to you. 

"Bedroom, wae?" He said. 

"Don't go, stay here with me" He hesitated but then sat back down. He wrapped his arm around your should and he pushed the side of your head against his chest. You can feel his breath of him sighing on your hair. You wrapped your arms around him. He planted a kiss on your head. You were both quiet because you were both lost in your thoughts. You were both scared of what would happen next. 

"Goongjoo" Your eyes widened. He has only called you that a few times. You sat up at looked at him. He held both your hands and looked into your eyes. "No matter what happens, let's try our best to make things work out." You looked into his eyes and nodded. He pulled you into a hug and kissed your head. 

"You seem tired, want to head to bed?" You hummed to answer his question. He stood up before you holding out his hand. You grabbed his hand and stood up. You leaned your head on his arm and walked upstairs. You let go of his hand and walked to your room. 

"Where are you going?" He said.

"My room" You said looking back at him. 

"Anya, come sleep in my room" He whined. 

"I did last time!"

"That was two weeks ago! And it was once!" He said insisting on getting what he wanted, and you gave it to him. You walked up to him and he held your hand. He pulled you on bed and covered you with the blanket. You eventually fell asleep after 15 minutes. He rested his arm under your head and he stared at your peaceful face. 

"Pabo" He said smiling. He patted your back slowly and kissed your forehead. 

 

You woke up to the sound of someone coughing. It was the middle of the night. You looked to your side and Daehyun wasn't there. You sat up quickly and looked around the room. 

"Oppa?" You heard the coughing get louder. You rushed out of bed knocked on the bathroom loudly. 

"Oppa? Are you in in there?" He didn't reply and the coughing continued. "Oppa I'm coming in" You said. You opened the door and your eyes widened. 

"Oppa kwenchana?!" You rushed over to him. He was vomiting into the toilet seat. He stopped coughing and was breathing heavily. You got up quickly and grabbed some tissue. You wiped his mouth and patted his back. 

"Oppa!" You said rubbing his back. He shook his head still breathing heavily. You helped him stand up and you flushed the toilet. You walked him over to the sink and started washing his face. You put water into his mouth and then told him to spit it out repeatidly. He looked so sick and he had a hard time walking. You allowed him to lean on you and placed him on the bed. His breathing was coming back to normal but it was still a bit heavy. 

"Did you eat something you weren't supposed to?" You said placing your hand on his forehead, it was steaming hot. 

"Anya.. It happened yesterday too.. but I thought.. it was normal" He said taking breaths between a few words. 

"Oppa! When you vomit it's not normal!" You said worried. He was now sweating. You grabbed a towel and started dabbing off the sweat on his face.

"I'll go get some medicine" You said standing up. He grabbed your arm.

"Don't go, stay" he said looking at you with a weak expression. You were going to call the nanny but you remembered she was visting her family in Busan.

"It'll be one second okay, one second" You said turning but he pulled you back with the strength he had left.

"I'm in pain, don't go"

"That's why I'm going to get the medicine"

"Anya.. what I'm saying is, if you go you won't come back" He said tearing up. His eyelids were heavy and his face was turning yellow. You couldn't stand watching him like this. You cupped his face. 

"Count to 10, ani 15, I'll be back in 15 seconds" You said.

"Soyeon-ah" He said whining.

"Mianhae" You said and you let go of him. You ran downstairs and searched for the correct medicine. You found it hidden in one of the cupboards and grabbed it with a water bottle. You headed to the stairs and you saw Daehyun trying to come down the stairs.

"Yah! What are you doing!" You said running up to him. His knees grew weak and he collapsed just when you grabbed him.

"I counted till 20, so I thought you left" You looked at him so worried. He looked so weak.

"Aish you pabo!" You said allowing him to rest on your shoulder while you tried your best to drag him back to the room. You placed him back on the bed and gave him the medicine. You walked away until he grabbed your arm again.

"Don't go"

"I'm going to the other side of the bed" He stayed quiet. You walked over to the other side of the bed and slipped your self in the bed sheets.

"What's wrong with you? Why do you keep thinking I'm going to leave" You said confused.

"You told me you would" He said holding your hand weakly. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Nightmare?" He shook his head slowly.

"Anya, it was real" You chuckled and you felt his forehead with the back of your hand. His temperature dropped and you let out a sigh of releif.

"Oppa, I never said that" He shook his head.

"Mianhae, chal motesseo (I did wrong)" He said.

"Get some sleep" You said patting his chest. You pulled up the sheets up to his neck and you patted his chest. His eyelids felt heavy and they soon closed and he drifted off to sleep. He was still holding your hand. You moved his hair away from his forehead. You squeezed his hand with very little strength. You heart hurt seeing him like this. You noticed his pinkie was wrapped with a bandaid. *When did he get this cut?* He's usually show you the smallest cuts just to get a kiss from you. You shook your head and didn't take that to heart. You were just worried about his health now. You felt the needto protect him at times like this, just like he did to you, which started all of this. You kept waking up every few hours to check up on Daehyun that night. *I don't know what I would do without you*

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

TA-DAAAAAAH ANOTHER CHAPTER WOOO! Hope you guys liked it! Daehyun my poor baby :( Sorry for doing this to you! OMG THE PICTURE OF DAEHYUN SHAVING EVEN THOUGH HE DOESN'T HAVE A BEARD IS JUST ASDFGHJKL; Congradulations to all the winners in the MAMA awards! And I hope Kyunsoo gets well soon:(  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and stayed tuned for updates, as the big bomb is about to blow soon! ahhhhh! kekeke Thanks for reading! ^^