The Jerk

I Love that Jerk

 

You were so irritated while eating your snack with See Ah in the cafeteria. It’s just the two of you coz finally her boyfriend, Chanyeol, let you have your best friend alone coz ever since they’ve been sweethearts, they seems like glued to each other.

 

It’s actually been three weeks when Sehun told everyone that you’re getting married to him and the same day that you somewhat confess. But not like other guys that were courting, the Jerk did not even change a bit. Not that you want him to change his personality but at least he should be nice with you.

 

You still have a few days before the maid thing ended. Yeah right, you were still his maid coz he doesn’t want you to go. According to him, a deal is a deal and personal matters don’t involve it. You could almost choke him to death when he said it.

 

“Yah, what wrong with you?” See Ah asked you when she noticed that you were not paying attention on what she says.

 

“What’s really wrong with me?” you asked yourself instead.

 

See Ah got even more confused with you but later on realized what you might be thinking.

 

“You want to see Sehun-ah right?” she asked.

 

“Don’t mention the Jerk’s name again,” you answered.

 

“You still call him a jerk? I thought you two have some sort of understanding?”

 

“I don’t know. I haven’t even seen his shadow since I woke up and were staying in the same house. I really hate him,” you said while clenching your fist.

 

“Now I know. I wouldn’t mind,” See Ah said that makes you look at her in confusion.

 

“Wouldn’t mind what?”

 

“If you left me to find Oh Sehun,” she answered.

 

“And what makes you think I want to see him?” you narrowed your eyes to her trying to look angry but she just stares back at you that makes you drop that look.

 

“You can try to fool me but we’ve known each other for a long time so quit it. Also, the last time you were in that mood is when you miss your dead favorite cat and I’ll conclude that you new favorite cat is Sehun, your so called jerk,” See Ah explained again and you just sigh in surrender.

 

“Fine you win but I wanted to know the reason behind you getting rid of me coz like what you’ve said we know each other for a long time,” you asked that made her look at the door.

 

“Because some flirt out there is parading around Chanyeol,” she answered that made you laugh. It turns out that it wasn’t just you who were crazy now.

 

You stand up and thank See Ah before leaving as she was also on her way to be on guard. Chanyeol on the other hand seems so in love with her so there’s nothing to be worried but then, who could blame your best friend, Chanyeol is many girl’s dream guy.

 

After a good twenty minutes, you were already regretting that you go to look for him. You can’t still find him and that’s after you go to every single place where he used to stay. You wanted to believe that all of it means nothing but then part of you is freaking out and keep telling you that maybe he change his mind and just don’t like to see you.

 

“I don’t care if he changed his mind. I’m sure can live without him,” you said to yourself but then you could almost feel your voice shaking. You even feel you eyes moisten just having that idea and you know that it would be worse if you have confirmed it true.

 

“Min?” called a familiar voice that makes you raised your eyes to him. Luhan. Funny that he always came when you were in situations such as this. He’s a savior.

 

“Luhan-oppa,” you said while forcing a smile. He gave you a grin then ruffled your hair and you gave him a pout for your messy hair now.

 

“I’m glad you remember to use it. Can we talk?” he asked dropping the grin while looking straight in your eyes.

 

“About?” you asked him back.

 

“You and me. Unfortunately, I can’t simply say about us”

 

“Luhan…” You bow your head unable to meet his eyes after he said it. You feel guilty turning him down though you did not directly do it you can’t help it. Maybe if he came before Sehun, it could be him that you loved but then who knows.

 

“Hey don’t worry, I just wanted to say goodbye. I already know that it’s Sehun and I would just make you feel bad if I will still insist myself. Lucky him, he should not let you go,” he explained and you just smile. He’s statement really did lessen your guilt feeling.

 

“Where are you going and when will you be back?” you asked.

 

“I’ll be in Canada to study. I really don’t know when I’ll be back but I will come back. But… you could always say you love me and I won’t leave,” he teased.

 

“So I’m the reason why you have to leave…”

 

“Oh God! I shouldn’t have said it,” he said not denying your assumption meaning it’s true.

 

“Hey cheer up. Give me a smile as a gift before I leave,” he added while cupping your face and gently raised it so he could see your eyes.

 

“I’ll miss you Luhan-oppa. You’re such a great friend,” you said and hug him.

 

“Friend? Wow, that word could hurt,” he said followed by a chuckle.  I hurt him again, you thought.

 

“I’m sorry if I hurt you. You were so nice to deserve such thing,” you said after releasing him.

 

“Don’t be. I’m not giving up the fight anyway,” Luhan answered.

 

“I thought…” you trailed when he cut you off.

 

“I never said I’ll give you up. I just said that I know that it’s Sehun that you love and I’m going away so I won’t make you feel bad however I also said that I’m coming back. Unless you’re married, I’ll chase you again and this time I’ll give him a good fight. I’m not that insensitive, I know that at least I have a small space in your heart,” he said and gave you again a wide grin.

 

“I never thought you could be that conceited,” you said while throwing him a mock glare. This time he actually laughed and it infected you easily.

 

“I will really miss you,” he said then gave you a final hug before he walks away without glancing back. He just knew that if he will take another look at you, he’ll never leave.

 

You sighed after Luhan went out of sight and all your worries rushes back in your mind. You turn and dragged your feet heavily to the direction of your favorite place. You also miss going to that place and watch the garden. You’re also going there then when you first meet the Jerk. Now you really can’t help it but smile remembering that day.

 

You wonder if everything will be the same if See Ah did not run away and left you. Maybe you would not have met each other. You can’t imagine yourself anymore without him and if he really changed his mind, you don’t know what will happen to you.

 

After a few torturous minutes, you reach the place and as always it look and feel peaceful there. Nothing actually change, you thought when your eyes caught something.

 

A small table covered with white cloth and in its mid stood a slim vase with three long-stemmed red roses. In one of the two chairs place directly opposite of each other sat a guy who was leaning on the table like he was asleep. Now that table is not part of that place and there’s no reason for it to be there.

 

You slowly went there quite afraid that you may wake whoever the guy is but call it luck that he sit up when you were just a few steps away and he would see you even if you run. But then the guy, it’s Sehun.

 

He was already staring at you but you can’t read anything from his face. He looks at you like he doesn’t care and it’s unbearable. If you could just choose who to love, you would choose anybody else or Luhan so you would feel this pain that slowly eats you.

 

You took a step back and he just blinked twice then bolted from his seat that surprised you. He was standing in front of you and just stares at you again. You were already holding yourself not to punch him as he continues do or say nothing.

 

“Please tell me this time, it’s not a dream,” he said that made you arch up your brows in question. Now what was he talking about?

 

“I think I already dreamt three times that you already came and if this is just another dream, swear I’ll be crazy,” he continued that made you just stare at him like he grows another head. After a while, he lit up with a wide grin while still looking at you.

 

Now you were actually thinking of running away coz he seems…crazy.

 

“You’re not going to say anything?” he asked coz you really haven’t said a word.

 

“Are you mentally ill?” you asked worriedly biting your lower lip. You were really scared that if he is, he would be offended and could kill you.

 

“Mentally ill? I’m not but I’m crazy,” he answered that just confused you. Like those two would be different.

 

“Crazy about you and going nuts thinking you would not come,” he said that hit you in the right place. Your tears freely flow from your eyes and he step toward you but then you step back.

 

“Why were you here?” you asked while drying up your eyes but your eyes looks like have infinite source of tears.

 

“I’m waiting for you. Chanyeol said that this is your favorite place because he always sees you and See Ah here before. I try my luck that maybe you will go here and I will surprise you. I didn’t know that my luck will be five hours late,” answered Sehun.

 

“I went around to all of your favorite places to look for you not having the slightest idea that you were here. And what do you mean with five hours? Did you skip your classes?” you asked and narrowed your eyes towards him.

 

“I need to guard my surprise so I have to,” he answered and gave you another grin.

 

“Sehun! What if you failed? And don’t tell me you were a Kingka coz that will do nothing with your grades,” you scolded.

 

“This is the first time I skip a class so it wouldn’t be that bad. Stop crying coz you’re killing me. And one more thing, not one the places you went to were my favorite place. I’m sure, you can’t go to that place,” Sehun countered.

 

“And what makes you think that?” you asked.

 

“Coz my only favorite place is here,” he said and crosses the distance between you.

 

“And I’m sure you can’t stand beside you. It’s just me,” he continued.

 

“Sehun-ah…” you said and another rush of tears welled up from your eyes.

 

“Hush. Don’t cry. I would love hearing you calling me Honey from now on,” he said while hugging you.

 

Lucky you that you were hug by two handsome guys in a row. The difference is Sehun’s hug is not a friendly hug like what you gave to Luhan.

 

“I love you,” you whispered and another gorgeous smile appeared on his face while still holding you tight next to him.

 

“I know you do. And I love you too,” the Jerk’s answer.

 

“Conceited,” you said trying to sound serious but he just laugh and so you do.

 

While they were having the happiest time in their life, someone was watching them not from a far. He was hidden in a tree and was sure that they won’t see him.

 

“Hyung…” somebody called him. He turned around and saw Tao standing behind him and looking also at Min Ra and Sehun’s direction.

 

“Let’s leave them now,” he said then walks away.

 

“You love her, don’t you?” Tao asked.

 

“I just wanted her to be happy,” he answered knowing the hidden question. Tao knew him and giving up is not in his personality so it bothers him why he did not even try to change her mind.

 

“I’m sure you could find another girl to love coz you’re Xi Luhan,” the younger said trying to cheer him up.

 

“There’s no one like her,” was his answered then continued to walk away.

 

THE END

 

+++++

And DONE! I finally did it... No matter how much I hate to end this I have to, else I start boring you guys, hopefully I'm not doing it already.

I hope you'll like how the story end and THANK YOU for reading it. LOVE YA!

I still want to hear how you find it..Leave me a comment below..

 

SingularToaster ♥♥