The offer

The secrets between you and me

“His name is Kim Young-min. However, you won’t talk to him in person.” The ‘manager’ is looking at you as if he is waiting for an answer.

“Why?” Your throat is so sore that you are losing your voice if you are talking too much.

“You are interesting. Your way of playing the guitar and your way of singing…”

“Huh?” Your jaw drops but you start to cough that’s why you need to close your mouth.

“I am a street artist scout. I’ve seen you playing the guitar often and today you sang very well! I want you to try to become a trainee.” His voice was comforting as if he is used to talk into people who are not interested in these things.

“Which company?” You try to sound interested.

“SMEntertainment. You know this company?”

° Who doesn’t?! ° “Yes… I’ll think about it… *Cough* what I want to confirm: Is it true that the best student of Seoul *cough* is going to visit this company?” °If it’s just a rumor, I am going to kill my sister! °

“Oh… yes, it is true… Why are you asking?” He seems to be confused about my question.

“Hm… maybe you should inform yourself who is the best student *cough* in Seoul… If you know it we’ll talk again… *Cough*  Anniyoghi gesejo~!” You turn around and go to the bus station.

° Urg… my throat hurts… He should have told me not to sing so much… Still it was awesome *-* I should repeat it someday… however, what should I do with the offer… should I try it? Or should I wait till the scout comes to me? ° The bus you are sitting in is empty. You are taking a deep breath, recalling all the memories of your past life outside of South Korea… the time, you were talking different languages… the time, your parents were still alive… the time, the world wasn’t as hard as it is now… You look outside and you see that you are already at your home. While going into your apartment, your aunt is calling. She wants to know when you are going to visit her in your home country again.

“I am sorry but… you know I don’t have much money… (Talking in your language!)” You are sad to tell it because you really want to visit your home country and your remaining family.

“Darling… how about we visit you then? I think your sister would be happy too.”

“You would come to South Korea just to visit us?” You are impressed!

“Honey, it seems like you forgot what will be soon!” Your aunt sounds shocked.

You are thinking. ° What will be in the next weeks… ° But you couldn’t think of anything worth coming so far.

“Your Birthday! We’ve never celebrated since you guys moved… how about this year? I really want to visit Korea… would you mind?”

Your eyes are getting blurry, “Aunty! I would love it if you would visit me! However can you afford it? Isn’t it too expensive?”

“Honey are you crying? … oh dear! Of course, I’ve been saving money for this! No need to worry! Gosh, why are you crying, _____?” It sounds like she’s crying too.

“Because it’s already such a long time since I’ve been celebrating my birthday with my family… my sister is living in a boarding school that’s why I can’t see her so often… and I am so happy that you want to visit me just because of my birthday!” Now you are crying for real.

“Alright! Then I am going to look for a flight! Darling… please don’t cry anymore, ok?”

“Ne~. Thank you very much! I think it will be awesome to celebrate as a family! Okay, I need to hang up… it’s already 3 am! We’ll talk later ok?” You are sad that you need to hang up but you are tired and you need to go to the college today. As soon as you lay down you are already asleep:

You are standing in a room with a mirror over a whole wall.

Music is playing and your body is moving without thinking. In the background some boys are standing and watching you but you don’t look at them instead you are in your own world while dancing. The atmosphere changed as the music changed too. The Dubstep part is the most powerful part in your dance and is the most impressive one because the boys are applauding.

“You did it well! The only thing is: You need to watch over your footwork! It is one of the most important things in this dance!” The one saying that is someone you don’t know…

“Ne masajo! But this is the first time dancing it in the full length! Have mercy!” You say it in a familiar voice as if you know them for a long time…

“However, now I know why you are a part of the company! The atmosphere completely changed while you were dancing! This is an amazing skill! You should treasure it!” The man is the only one you hear even though the other ones were talking too…

“Now I think that this was the right decision! I still regret it but… I really enjoy this!” You smile and the others are laughing.

 

[The end for today! Give me some comments!]