At the graveyard Part 1

The secrets between you and me

Today is a cold day and it’s raining. The watch shows you that it is already 3.30pm. Your sister is late but you are still waiting for her. It’s been a while since you both went out together. Suddenly someone covers your eyes and wants to know who he is.

“Ya! Dongsaeng! You are already late! Stop joking!”

Your sister is wearing black just like you

She looks kind of sad standing there with a bouquet of chrysanthemums.

“Hello, unni! It’s been a while.” Your sister hugs you tight and looks at the CD-Player you’re holding in your hand, “For what is this?”

“It’s my present for them… Kaja! I don’t want to stand a traffic-jam,” and you both sit in your car. While driving your Dongsaeng is asking some questions about the college and how it was to sit in the final exam. These questions aren’t that hard to answer. Suddenly a song from EXO starts to play and your sister makes the stereo louder.

You: “You know this band?”

Sis: “YES! This is my favorite band! They are handsome, they can move very well and they can sing very well! Want to hear a song from them?”

° What would you say if I told you that I know someone out of them and going to be a trainee? °

You: “Sure! Why not?”

You sister plays a piece where some of them are singing in English. The name of the song is ‘Open arms’ from Journey. They have a good pronunciation!

Sis: “I love them so much! They are awesome in everything they do!”

You: “Calm down! Yes, they are good singers but that’s all! We are at the graveyard. Let’s get off…”

You get off the car and look for the grave of your parents. It’s one of the farthest but you don’t mind. As you get there your sister is muttering about the way you took but you don’t listen to her. You spread out the cloth on the wet grass. Your sister helped you and both of you sit down to give your parents the gifts. First your sister: She gives the flowers

and pours your father some beer, while your pour your mother her favorite wine. The CD-Player is standing on the pedestrian and waits for someone to press play.

You: “Dongsaeng, would you mind to press play? I don’t want to do it…”

She followed your request and your voice spreads all over the graveyard. While the CD plays, you do ceremony. Afterwards your sister follows your example and starts to cry. You want to comfort her but you start to cry too. After the crying, you sit down to talk. Somehow, you want to tell your sister the truth about everything! You want to tell her that you are the best student of Seoul; that you are going to be a trainee; even that you saw how your parents were killed. You want to start but your sister is interrupting you, “I want to drop out of school.” The way she said it is frightening serious.

You: “Why? Doesn’t it work out as you wanted or something different?”

Sis: “I just can’t take the pleasure anymore. My adoptive parents want me to be the best but… it’s impossible for me…”

You: “Maybe you should try to explain everything to them? I think you should just try your best and not be the best. That’s the easiest way to become the best! Trust me.”

Sis: “You never had this kind of parents! You don’t know how it is to want to fit in their Ideal!”

You get silent for a few moments, “I never had adoptive parents at all… not as long as you have yours… they abandoned me after some months… *Teary eyes* I never had the chance to be loved the way your parents love you!” You shout out the last part.

[End for today!]