I Don't Like You

I Need a Housemaid

Jessica's POV

I was having a meeting with a prosecuting attorney. He was threatening to expose my client's uality to the public if he didn't sign the settlement agreement. My client was a well-known actor and he didn't want people to know that he was a homoual.

I took the agreement and scanned through it, "We will not sign this."

"Just sign it. If the public knows he's a homoual, his career can be over in a snap." Before I could say anything, my client grabbed the agreement and signed it. 

"Whoa, Ms. Jung. It's the first time we settled a case before I finished a cup of water." He chuckled, "I've finally destroyed your streak of never losing a case. I'll take my leave."

Just as he was leaving, Taeyeon bumped into him, causing him to his balance and throw the papers on the table. I took this chance to pour coffee on the agreement as Taeyeon was apologizing. 

 

Taeyeon turned to me, "Eh...boss. Something big happened I was buying ice cream for her and when I turned around, she was gone! I didn't mean for it to happen! I couldn't find them anywhere! Please don't fire me!" 

 

I stared at Taeyeon with a blank face. *My niece is missing? But she came here an hour ago.* I pointed to the door as my niece was standing there. 

 

"You were walking too slow." I guess my niece was messing with her.

 

She turned to me and let out a small laugh, "Heh, heh. I found her....Heh." She walked out with my niece. 

 

"What the hell!" The attorney got up, not knowing his wig was messed up.

 

Taeyeon ran back in and adjusted his wig, "Sorry... It should be like this, right...?"

 

"Where's the agreement?" His chest heaving with anger.

 

"Eh, due to my clumsy employee," I picked up the coffee-stained agreement, "this agreement doesn't count anymore, right? Looks like we have to meet another time." I smirked

 

He crumpled up the agreement and threw it on the ground, causing his wig to fall down with it. He picked his wig back up, "I'll come back for you. You better watch out," as he stormed out my office. *Thank you, Taeyeon. Saved me today.*

 

Taeyeon was waiting for me in my office with my niece. The moment I came in, she knelt on the ground with puppt dog eyes, "Please give me one more chance. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

 

"Go back."

 

"What? Nooo! Just give me one last chance." She was tugging on my pants.

 

"What I meant was I still have a lot of things to do. Go back home first."

 

"Oh my gosh, thank you! Thank you!" She finally stood up.

 

"No need. I think I should be the one thanking you." 

 

"Huh? Eh..you're welcome? Um, I'll bring your niece back home first." She turned to her, "Let's go home, shall we?"

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

"Wow! Such a big house! Whoa, pretty decor! This really is a lawyer's house." I was totally awed by Jessica's house. I followed her upstairs into her room, "Um, why don't you rest for a while. Or you can do some homework. I'll go to the kitchen and prepare something for you to eat. I'll be right back." 

 

"Wait! My cell phone fell under my bed. Can you get it for me?" 

 

"Eh..okay." I placed my hand under her bed and tried to find her phone. Instead, I found lizard, "Wow! So cute!" I walked towards her to let her see it better.

 

"DON'T COME NEAR ME!" She hid behind her closet door.

 

I retreated, "I didn't know you didn't like it." 

 

"The person I don't like is you!" I was hurt. 

 

"...W...why?" I was dumbfounded.

 

"Because you're stupid!" Ouch! 

 

"What? But everyone says I'm cute." I giggled to myself. 

 

"Listen up! I don't need a nanny. So you don't need to waste your time trying to make me like you. No matter what you do, I will kick you out!" 

 

"I'm not leaving! I'm not leaving even if you beat me to death." I rolled my eyes. *Why is this kid so hard to deal with?*