Real Eyes Realize

Wisdom Teeth

“It’s been 5 years that I’ve hidden this,”Sehun said.”Not a single person knows except for you,now that I told you,”

Sehun gave the bouqet of flowers to Chorong”I have had these feelings for a long time….”

I looked down at the bouqet of roses that lay in my hands. I looked down at the flowers and didn’t look back up. I can’t face him,no I can’t. From everyone in school why would Sehun like me? Why Sehun? Sehun who is Luhan’s bestfriend. Accepting his flowers meant accepting his feelings which I couldn’t do.

I closed my eyes and handed the flowers back to Sehun avoiding eye contact with an apologetic look”Sehun,you keep it,”

Sehun just stared at me blankly with an unchanged expression showing no emotions but in his eyes….his eyes said everything. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul and so it also beholds the things we could never say. Deep down I know I hurt Sehun even though he didn’t show it.

You know what really kicked me in the guts even more…he said nothing back. He didn’t try and explain himself and make me like him or anything. All he ever replied was…

“Okay,”

He tried to curve his lips into a smile and as he did he patted my head then slipped his back pack on one shoulder.

“But Sehun…”

He stopped without facing me.

“Sehun why,why do you like me?,”I asked.”Out of all the girls in our school,why me?”

“I don’t know exactly why and don’t ask me why.There isn’t a proper explanation for love or feelings even more for why you love the person you love and why you have feelings for them,”

“That’s not always true,”

“True but it’s not always wrong is it?”

I held onto my blazer tightly with my fingers as Sehun started walking back to me with his hands in his pocket.

“Why can’t you just answer with a proper explanation?You don’t make sense”

“What are you truly seeking?An explanation?In that case give me a good reason why you like Luhan?”

I shot my head up towards Sehun. He just smirked but still with a presence of sadness.

“How?H-h-how did you know?”

“From the years I’ve liked you it was long enough for me to know you well to the point without uttering a sentence more than 10 words long,”

My brain froze as I thought about Luhan.What was there to like about him?To be honest I don’t know myself but I just blurted out the words that came to mind.

“He’s nice,handsome,cool and…”

“Because?”

“Because…”

“Until you give a proper explanation you Park Chorong make no sense,”

That was the last time I’ll probably hear from Sehun and the first time I’ve ever heard him exceed speaking 10 words to me. The next time I see Sehun I will give him an answer, I will.