Why?

Wisdom Teeth

Chorong’s POV

Mrs Cheong walked around the classroom,hands behind her back and her heels hitting against the wooden floor.As all of us sat down on our individual desks a shadow of curiousity came over us for Mrs Cheong had been acting pretty strange.

She clasped her hands together in the middle of the classrooms with a pile of papers in her armpit”Good morning everyone,” She smiled and started handing papers to people.My heart started thudding,is this a test?I haven’t studied,oh no,oh no.

Suho raised his hand up”Excuse me Mrs Cheong what is this?”

“Check,”Mrs Cheong replied.Suho held the paper to his faces and his jaw slightly hung.

Mrs Cheong pointed at uho”87% but could’ve gone better but on the first quiz I was glad majority of the people in this class got in the ninety mark.The sheet of paper I gave to you in the previous lesson or before that was actually a pop quiz not just an answer-the-question sheet.We actually have two equal first place,”

I closed my eyes for it was a test that I came unprepared for.Mrs Cheong placed the test paper on my table and I knew I was dadadoomed.Basically everyone got into the ninety zone,wow.

“Equal first place is Woohyun and Chorong,”Mrs Cheong said.My eyes widened as they followed onto the white paper with the 100% mark.”Stand up,stand up,”

I shyly stood up mirroring Woohyun.He turned to me and gave me two thumbs up and returned him with a warm smile.Still in awe I sat down with my eyes glued to the paper.Anyways I wonder how Luhan went.It was just one mark off right?Wait why am I relating stuff to Luhan..

Naeun took my paper and compared her paper with mine”Aish,I knew I would get that question wrong but we’re only one mark difference.Good job Chorongie,”

“Chorongie?What is that?”I giggled.

She shrugged her shoulders and continued drawing to herself even though we were supposed to be completing a text book exercise.The bell went and all the students started dashing out.Mrs Cheong raised her finger and rushed her words”Exercise 4,five pages due next lesson,”

While Naeun and I were quietly eating between ourselves,Woohyun came and squished himself in between us two.He then turned to me and patted my back”Congratulations on getting 100%,”

“Thanks,you too,” I replied.

Naeun glared at Woohyun who then turned to her”Wow can I have some,”

Naeun rolled her eyes and ripped off a piece of hoddeok and gave it to Woohyun”Go away now pigeon,”

Woohyun glared back at Naeun”Rude much,like I came here to see you,anyway I just came here to congratulate Chorong,”

“Just admit you like her,”mumbled Naeun under her breath.”I don’t get why boys continue to drag on and on about their feelings,”

“pssh no, like like like I bet you like Myungsoo,Tao or Taemin.It has to be one of them.Am I right?”

I laughed but Naeun seemed serious so I scratched my neck and signalled Woohyun to not continue with that.

“None of your business,”replied Naeun as she opened her lunchbox.

I then tried to break the awkwardness”So both of you like hoddeok,me to,”

Woohyun smiled”Yeh we have so much in common,”

Luhan’s POV

“Good morning everyone,”greeted Mrs Cheong as she stood in the middle of the classroom.As we seated she started handing sheets of paper to us.

Suho raised his hand up”Excuse me Mrs Cheong what is this?”

“Check,”Mrs Cheong replied.Suho held the paper to his faces and his jaw slightly hung.I peered over and nodded to myself for it was a good mark but by the look on Suho’s face he seemed disappointed.

Mrs Cheong pointed at Suho”87% but could’ve gone better but on the first quiz I was glad majority of the people in this class got in the ninety mark.The sheet of paper I gave to you in the previous lesson or before that was actually a pop quiz not just an answer-the-question sheet.We actually have two equal first place,”

Wow the ninety mark,well this is a really good school so what do you expect.

“Equal first place is Woohyun and Chorong,”Mrs Cheong said.”Stand up,stand up,”

Woohyun and Chorong?It would’ve been better if it was Luhan and Chorong.I looked at my paper 73% and shook my head.I folded it and placed it in my bag so no one would see.When I looked up I saw Woohyun giving two thumbs up to Chorong and she smiled back.Is she acknowledging that fool?

“chh,”I mumbled but only that I could hear.

At lunch,I was about to give Chorong when I saw that fool sitting with them.Why is he there and why is she laughing?I can’t believe this.Why isn’t she like that with me?

I walked past them purposely glaring at Woohyun but they still didn’t notice me.I offered to throw Suho’s rubbish and did the same thing but still they did not notice except for Naeun.She looked at me weirdly and I tried to act cool like nothing happened.Why am I being like this?As each day passes I start to become more aware of how obvious I’m becoming,gotta keep it low profile.

I sat back down with Suho and kept watch on Chorong.Who knows what that fool would do.

Suho tapped me on the shoulder and showed me his phone”Hey look,”

“fool,”I said unintentionally.

Suho lightly pushed me”It was just a funny picture,sometimes you can be so brusque,”

I shook my head and apologized”uh,sorry,sorry I meant not you I meant-”

Suho turned away,leaned over to Baekhyun and they both started laughing at the picture on the phone.He looked at me and then back at the phone.

After the home bell I found Chorong alone drinking from the water fountain and I suddenly got so nervous.What should I say?I found this as the only opportunity to give her back the pen.Cautiously,I looked sideways before approaching her”Chorong,”

She looked up from her the fountain with wide eyes and choked on the water.I immediately became nervous and didn’t know what to do all I could do was say”Are you okay?”