I'm Okay

Wisdom Teeth

Woohyun rolled his eyes and started briskly walking and I couldn't keep my pace up so he ended up dragging me.I struggled in the midst and complained due to his tight grip.The only mercy he showed of letting go was when we reached the nurse's office which fortunately wasn't a long walk away.I shot him a cold glare as we reached the office while rubbing my arm.

Woohyun tapped the nurse's shoulder"Nurse Minjung,she thinks she might've SPRAINED her ankle,"

"I HAVE,"I butted in.

Nurse Minjung furrowed her eyebrows at Woohyun and came closer to me.She touched my ankle making me unknowingly twitch"Well,she indeed has,"

Woohyun rubbed his hands together"Well I'll be going then,"

"Wait here,I'm just gonna go ask Miss Hwang for extra out of class slips.You need one or else you’ll be counted as truanting,” Nurse Minjung said.

Woohyun let out a unnecessarily long sigh whilst watching Nurse Minjung walk out the room.He then folded his arms and shot me a peeved look”Day 1 and you’re causing mishap and such.Why did I even pick you in the first place?”

I clenced my teeth and faced Woohyun”Why did you?You could’ve chosen Jiyeon and Jiyoung.Do you think I wanted to be in your team?”Unaware,I started crying.It wasn’t because of Woohyun it was because Luhan didn’t pick me and that Woohyun had chosen me instead.I know it’s dumb and childish to be upset over that but…

Woohyun’s eyes widened and he poked me on the arm or more like jabbed his finger on my arm”Ya,ya,why are you crying?”

I wiped my tears”No,no it’s just that my ankle hurts.You can go now,”

The nurse came back and I quickly turned my head in the opposite direction whilst wiping my tears.She handed a note to Woohyun as I saw from my peripheral vision”Here you go,”

I quickly turned around as he looked at me with an apologetic expression.Even though I turned around I felt his eyes still on me as I heard his footsteps fade away.

The Nurse touched my ankle again and once again I twitched.I wasn’t really focused on what she was doing with it but the only thing I noticed was her wrapping a bandage around it.

“It’s just a minor injury,just becareful when you walk or move.It won’t be long till it’ll recover,”

After missing out on half a session I was sent back to class limping but guided by Naeun who was sent by the teacher.She looked at me”Are you okay?”

I nodded forcefully”Just a sprain,I'm okay”

“No not as in physical pain,”she replied.

I looked her suddenly more serious”What do you mean?”

“Luhan,”

My eyes widened and I stopped”What?”

“I know you like him,”

I closed my eyes and just nodded”I’m okay but how did you know?”

“Observation skills,the way you look at Luhan is the way I look at someone,”

“Who?”

Naeun stared at me and scratched her neck"Ah that umm,"

She shrugged and started walking so based on her actions it seems as if she didn’t want to talk about it.Although I a slightly worried about her knowing,I think my secret is safe with her.

Luhan POV

I was cheered on to be a captain but when I found out I had to pick a girl first I panicked.Chorong or someone else?The closest friend to me so far that’s a girl?Krystal maybe?If I pick Chorong won’t it seem obvious that I like her?At that moment I became confused.

My heart start beating quickly.I looked at Chorong who was at the time playing with the grass on the floor.I turned my head to Krystal who had her eyes on me to.I looked back at Chorong wanting to choose her but I couldn’t act so carelessly.No one knows who I like and no one will.To follow the heart first or the mind?I looked at Chorong and the words”Krystal,”came out.

The more I grow to like her,the many more reasons I give her to hate me.I wanted to save the best till last so I just picked the girls who were the nicest and closest to me in day 1.There were two groups of girls left;Jiyeon and Jiyoung and Naeun and Chorong.

It was so far Woohyun’s turn to pick and I crossed my fingers behind my back whilst looking at Chorong who was still concentrated on the grass but as her head shot up I quickly looked away then back at her as her head went down.Woohyun turned to me and blurted”The quiet one,”and that’s when I realized,I was too late.Once again,just like my middle school confession.

I looked at Woohyun and he just smiled back at me.Chorong seemed to look fine but if I were her I would’ve been really upset.The one who’s known you for more than 8 years didn’t even choose you on their team.

Mr Kang blew the whistle”Okay teams are set!Let’s play ball!”

Suho wrapped his hand around me”Yeh let’s go!”

I nodded as gravity pulled down my lips.It was hard to smile.