Say My Name

Wisdom Teeth

The lunch break finally ended and everyone headed out the doors for the next session.They all exited in a proper and orderly demeanour as expected of a prep school.I hastily gathered my things but in the midst of packing up my things Luhan came over with his bag on one shoulder”Chorong,”

My eyes fluttered as I rolled them without making him see it.What does this guy want.I then turned around back to him with a blank face.

“Do you know what we have next?”asked Luhan.

“We have physical education,why don’t you ask your friends?”I replied continuing to pack up my things.

“Thanks,”he said with a smile exiting the classroom.That annoying smile…it annoys me.

The teacher was writing something up on the board when she turned to us”You two should be going,two more minutes before you count as truanting,”

I nodded”Yes,teacher,”and looked around the classroom to see who the other person was.It was the girl from earlier drawing in her sketchbook.

We both exited at the same time and I wanted to befriend her so I fastened my pace and walked beside her”Hello,”

“Uh,hi”she replied blankly without looking at me but her head pointed at the ground as she kept walking.Hmmm,she doesn’t talk much.Does she?

“Um,what’s your name?”I asked.

“Naeun,Son Naeun,”she replied.”You?”

“Park Chorong,”I replied.”So you like drawing?I saw your drawings from earlier,”

“Oh that,it’s just a hobby,”she replied.We both reached the change rooms and said nothing else to each other.Does she dislike me?Why is it so hard to make friends here?

“Hi,”I said to one of the girls as I was taking out my p.e clothes.

The girl just looked at me with a smirk and then walked towards her friends and then they glared at me”Well,okay?”

After changing into my p.e clothes the teacher gathered all of us students.His name according to my time table was Mr Kang.

Mr Kang placed his hands on his hips”Hello,hello I’m Mr Kang and welcome to your first p.e lesson for the year.I am not a lazy teacher so I expect you to be the same for me.So we’ll play some soccer shall we?”

As soon as soccer was mentioned the boys started patting Luhan on the back and he just smiled shyly.I also slightly smiled at the sight…secretly…even though that smile was annoying.

“Before we start pick one partner,”Mr Kang said.

Oh no partners.I have no friends so I’m gonna be a total loser.Right?I looked around in all directions and as expected everyone was paired up with someone.Luhan was paired up with one of the popular guys who was also handsome and he looked like another Choi Siwon.

I raised my hand shamefully”Mr Kang,I don’t have a partner,”

Mr Kang furrowed his eyebrows and then pointed beside me.I looked over to my right shoulder and saw Naeun looking at the floor with her hands behind her back.I smiled at her as she gave me a small smile.

Mr Kang blew a whistle to hush the loud conversations of the students“I need two sides and two captains.Anyone up for the position?”

“Luhan!Luhan!Luhan!Luhan!”everyone started cheering.Mr Kang nodded and signalled him to stand behind him.I bit my cheek trying not to smile cause as he got up he looked like a prancing deer.

“Anyone else?”

I looked around but no hands were up until one boy shot his hand up high in the air”ME!”

Mr Kang scoffed”Okay Woohyun,”

Woohyun got up almost tripping and making everyone giggle including me and Naeun.To be honest that was my first time to see her laugh.

Woohyun jogged on the spot and glanced at Luhan”Just cause it’s Luhan no one wants to come up and be on the opposition team?”

“So I want you to pick one girl and then one boy.When you pick them their partners come up to.Okay?”said Mr Kang.

“Yes,”we all replied.

Starting with the girls.Luhan was the first to pick so my heart dropped.I folded my arms over my knees and crossed my fingers underneath it.He made a smile without showing any teeth and his eyes trailed off at everyone sitting on the grass but avoided looking at me.Please say me name.Please say my name.