Nostalgia

Wisdom Teeth

I sneezed loudly all of sudden triggered by the sun.Photic sneeze reflex.I knew Luhan said something but I heard it unclearly ‘I compliment…?’

“What was that you said?”I asked

“Uh-um,I compliment you for your intelligence to.The entrance exam was not a joke,”Luhan replied.

I returned him a smile still sniffling a little”Thanks,”

There was another yet awkward moment of silence.I felt Luhan staring at me so I turned around to see if he was but he was just staring at the sky.Don’t be delusional Chorong.

I followed his eyes and staring swinging gently back and forth and that’s when Luhan asked me a question”How’s Joonyo?”

My heart started beating faster because he also remembered my brother.Joonyo was an autistic child and was also mute.

I used my foot as an anchor to stop the swing”My brother,he’s doing fine.Glad you still remember us,”

Luhan smiled and placed his hands in his pocket,turned his head towards me with a charismatic smile and a slightly raised eyebrow”How could I forget the one who I accidentally kicked in the forehead with a soccer ball,made cry and gave me a silent treatment for a week then making me cry,”

I bit my lip and remembered that moment.I really hated Luhan for that but he kept trying to cheer me up and he persistentness of doing so was the beginning of how I came to like that guy.

“You don’t remember?”asked Luhan.

“No,of course I remember,”I replied.”That was the first time I ever made a boy cry,”

I also forgot to add the first time I ever liked a guy.

“Luhan!”A boy called out.

“Oh,it’s Sehun I guess I have to go,”

Luhan and I got up at the same time.He offered his hand”Nice to meet you again Chorong,”

I was kind of reluctant to shake his hands as I wasn’t the skinship type but in his eyes sort of insisted so,so I did.

We locked eyes with a small smile and that has got to be the longest eye contact I’ve ever made with a boy besides my brother and dad.

“Hyung!”shouted Sehun from afar.

We both quickly retracted our hands and I watched Luhan quickly walk away with Sehun until they disappeared from my eyesight.

(GIF cr margretos tumblr)