Enlightenment

No One Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

Oh darn. I don't want to attend the masquerade ball anymore. I rather sleep than to have chat with others. I am not in the right state of mind since that scene from Dad's study room happened. Good thing, Minzy is always beside me. She save from errors. But still, I am not sure how long I am gonna survive in being miserable.

I just missed Jiyong so much. And I wonder what is he doing at this moment. He probably sleeping now.

"Tokki." Donghae's voice startled me. He chuckled. "May I remind you that we are going to a party. Not in a burial."

I pout my lips. "Can I skip this event? Go there alone. Or bring Minzy with you." She is currently resting at her room.

"That's not acceptable. Other guests will surely look for you."

I groan. "But I don't want to come. I can't guarantee how long I can retain my sanity."

He pinch my nose. "You'll be fine."

Sadness covered me. "I don't think so. My life is a mess."

"It's not." Then he smiled. "Believe me."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." Then I fix my mask. "Let's go now."

He just smiled then I encircled my right arm on his left arm. When we reach the hall, I acted normal. Talk to others like my whole being is in stable. But everytime I saw a couple, I feel lonely.

I bow my head then sip a glass of champagne. Fortunately, I am wearing an eye-mask. "Tokki...you okay?" I shake my head. It's useless to lie at Donghae. He sigh. "I guess I should tell this to you now." I looked at him. "Jiyong is here."

My chest start to pound hard when I saw how serious his face is. "W-what?" Then I start to feel fear. Not for me. But for Jiyong. "Talk to him. He should stay away from me. Dad might do something---"

I stopped as he suddenly hold my both hands and I realized that I am trembling. "Relax. Your Dad knew that he is here."

"And that's more dangerous!" Oh God. I can't let Jiyong be harmed. "I should go to my room now so we won't see each other."

His hold to my hands tightens. "Jiyong will be fine. In fact, your Mom and Dad sent him here."

That suprised me. "H-how did it happened?"

"Can you relax first?"

"I can't! How can I do that? My mind is filled of confusion and fear."

He massage my hands. "I'll tell you what happened after you left us at the study room. Listen carefully, okay?" I just nodded.

"Did I went too far?"

"A little bit, Sir."

He chuckled. "She hates me now."

"I don't think so." He look startled. "She is mad and hurt but I knew Dara, she will never feel it towards you."

"Even I am a bad father to her?"

"You're not like that Sir, I knew she didn't think that way either."

He let out a deep sigh. "She just said that I am cruel."

I chuckled. "That's technically true. What you said earlier was really heart-breaking."

"I can't take it back anymore." His face shows regret it as soon as Dara left.

"Will all due respect Sir but you don't need to do this kind of stuff. Dara already knew what she wants in her life."

"What do you mean?"

I smiled. "It's better to have a father-daughter talk. Both of you misses each other."

He sigh again. "I guess you are correct. I'll do that at the right time."

"Everyday is the right time."

"Fine. I'll do it once I gathered my courage." Then his face suddenly became serious. "Investigate who sent these photos."

"Yes Sir."

After Donghae talked, I immediately get my new phone and dialled Dad's number. He answer it after two rings. I feel guilty now as I avoided him after that incident. "Dad, I love you. We will talk once I go back." I did not wait for his answer as I already ended the call.

"I told you Tokki, you're Dad is showing his love in an unusual way."

I groan. "Yeah I know that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter