chapter 7

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

6JFKboa7PuIV2hoixe0IxwwdSlBiNPsGjS9UEQhk

 


 

No One's POV

         "I believe everyone should know what we are going to be doing today, so with that said, go grab a pencil and sketching paper from the table," the teacher said. Everyone got up to get their supplies and got to work. Kris seemed like he knew what he was doing. He looked so confident and so diligent. You saw someone get up from their seat and go to the seat across from Kris. He seemed like an acquaintance of his.

         "Hey, Kris what are you drawing?" He asked as he peered over at Kris' paper. Kris covered it so he couldn't see and looked up at his face telling him that it was a secret through his eyes. You also were the slightest bit interested in what Kris was drawing, but you looked back down at your paper and drew a sheep. It is one of your favorite animals because its fur is so soft and fluffy.

         In a few minutes you were done drawing your sheep and looked at it, feeling satisfied. *Now the hard part is to sculpt it.* You thought looking around for the art teacher to ask for the sculpting clay. You spotted Kris smiling at his artwork. You saw the same boy that came to Kris earlier come over once again.

      "Now can I see?" Kris nodded his head in satisfaction and gave his sketch to his friend. You could see the expression on the boy change; it was obvious that he was confused. He rotated the paper this way and that. He then faked an encouraging smile. "Nice uh... nice horse you got there." At this Kris perked up and there was a moment of silence.

      "It's a rhino." He said, dismayed that his friend didn't know what he drew. The boy's eyes grew wide with surprise. He opened his mouth, but no words came out.

         "Oh... a rhino," the boy said, almost in a whisper, a bit hesitant. Then he came out with a burst of words. "Of course it's a rhino! Haha, I was only joking! You couldn't tell? Well I got to go do my own thing! So see you later Kris!"

          You looked up at Kris' face and he was stunned. He seemed to have lost all of his confidence he once had. He was about to erase what he drew when you, unintentionally, grabbed his drawing away from him. It was so sudden that it made Kris jump a little. He blinked a couple of times and looked at you. *Why did I do that?!* You were shocked yourself. You remained calm and in the next second you handed it back.

         "It isn't bad," you said quietly as you got up to find the teacher. For some strange reason, this comforted Kris a lot and he smiled.

         "Thanks." Then he got up and went to get the clay for his very unique soon to be sculpture. Once again, you mentally yelled at yourself for taking Kris' drawing to prevent him from erasing it. If you didn't do that, then it wouldn't have become a burden for you to hold in your mind.

           "The clay's over there," someone interrupted you in your thinking. You turned your head towards the voice and saw Kris pointing to a table with the clay.

        "I knew that," you said under your breath, turning your attention to the clay, and heading towards the table. You were cutting yourself a piece causing the pain from your wrist to come back. You cringed as you felt that burn, but you tried not to express it, and brought your piece of clay back to your working area.

        You came back to your table, but something important was missing. Your drawing was gone and you were pretty sure, no definitely sure that you left it right on top of your table. You looked on the ground, but it wasn't there either. You ruffled your hair and looked around. That's when you saw a familiar looking sheep next to you. Kris was holding your drawing.

        "It looks like a cloud with a head and four legs. You drew a sheep, right?" He guessed. You placed your picture in your opened hand and Kris let go. He went back to his seat and got started right away.

        "Thanks," you said so quietly that even a mouse couldn't hear you. You stood at the same place and in a couple of seconds, you headed back to your own seat.

           After you sat down, you saw that Kris was just getting started on the body of his rhino. He was so into it that you thought that you could see a bead of sweat falling down the side of his face. You unknowingly smiled and worked on the body of your sheep.

           In your opinion, you thought that you were good at sculpting, and when others praised your artwork, asking whose it was, you just smiled to yourself, knowing that it was yours.

           You were finished the body of your sheep, making it look exactly like what you drew in the picture when Mrs. Yin, the art teacher announced that class was going to end soon. Everyone started cleaning up, wrapping a wet paper towel around their sculpture in the process, and started to get ready to leave when the bell rung.

           Kris was still working on his sculpture even when people got up to put things away. You got an urge to help him put away his tools, but you stopped yourself from doing that when Kris noticed what he was supposed to be doing at that moment. He wrapped his artwork in a wet paper towel first and then went off to put away the rest of his supplies. The bell rung and Kris was still cleaning up. Even so, he didn’t appear to be alarmed. He didn’t rush either. He just kept going like the bell didn’t even ring.

            You looked back as you started walking out the door to see if he was doing alright and finally headed to your last period: music/dance. This course lasts twice as long as any other period that you have. A regular period is 40 minutes, while your music course is an hour and 20 minutes long. In this course, there are very few people, one of them being Mimi. All of your teachers recommended that you should take this course. Not only because of your lack of social skills, but also because there weren't lots of kids taking this class. Everyone in your grade had some socializing skill except for you; you were a loner, but you didn’t mind. In fact, you would rather be independent with no one to boss you around. But, you didn't mind that there were only a few people. As long as it was a small group of people, you were fine with it.

            You like the music course, but it comes second on the list after gym. As you were reaching the door to the music/dance room, you heard more voices than usual. Curious, you opened the door and stepped into the room. You looked ahead and your mouth dropped. The scene right before your eyes made you mentally groan. *Why? Why? Why? Why does this have to happen?!* You yelled in your mind, frustrated.


Sorry for the slow update! It's just I'm pretty worked up with homework these days...

Well anyway! Hope you liked it!

Subscribe & Comment

Please!! ^^