chapter 23

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

You awoke the fine Sunday morning to the sound of the autumn wind and your puppy snoring. You chuckled and got up to wash up for the new day. After grabbing something to eat, you plopped yourself on the couch and the TV.

        "What is there to do today?" You said to yourself, sighing. You grabbed the remote and surfed through some channels and in the end, you decided to watch some variety shows to pass time.

 


 

       Soojin walked out of her house happily, thinking back to the memories she made the night before. When she reached the end of her driveway, she saw Luhan and Lay playing a 1:1 basketball game.

      *They're already up and doing something active?!* Soojin thought surprised. At that moment, she felt someone tap her shoulder.

       "Go away. Can't you see that I'm doing someth-" Soojin turned to see who tapped her, but she could only roll her eyes. "What do you want now?" Soojin said casually. It was Tim.

        "What do you mean 'What do I want'? Obviously you know," Tim said punching a fist into his other hand. However, Soojin just shooed him off and fixed her eyes back on Luhan and Lay's intense game.

        "Do it some other time. I'm too busy right now," Soojin complained. Tim could only make a face since he had no idea what the heck was going on at that moment.

        Tim noticed how into the game Soojin was so he cracked his neck and finally made his move. He swung his punch so that it aimed for her face, but she coincidentally spotted a shiny penny on the ground and she bent over to pick it up.

        Tim bit his bottom lip out of frustration and yet tried for another punch while Soojin was still preoccupied with her newly found penny. But before that fist came in contact, Luhan blocked it with his own hand and shoved Tim's fist out of the way.        

         Soojin looked up abruptly after noticing Luhan. Confused, she looked at his face and saw him glaring deathly at Tim. She found it quite amusing yet so admirable, cute and alluring. Not only did innocence make Luhan good-looking and cute, but so did an angry expression.

        "What the heck are you doing here?!" Luhan said in a low, yet serious voice. Soojin became expressionless and she could only stare up at Luhan.

         *The last time I saw him, he was really shy and calm. But...* Soojin stopped her thought there when Tim finally laid a punch on her. Soojin fell to the ground and Tim immediately ran away in a hurry. Luhan's eyes widened and he quickly rushed over to her side. He helped her up and checked Soojin's face for any injuries.

          "I'm so sorry. You're not hurt right?" Luhan asked with worry present in his voice. Soojin knowingly shook her head quickly.

           "What's there to be sorry about? It's really no big deal," Soojin replied with a smile. Luhan sighed and smiled, relieved. "By the way thanks." Luhan smiled, nodding and reached out a hand, ruffling Soojin's hair.

         "You okay?" Lay asked with a worried expression as he ran up. Soojin nodded her head with a grin. Lay smiled and at that moment, he passed the basketball and Soojin caught it with her hands. "Wanna join?" Lay offered and Soojin nodded her head with an excited expression.

          "Luhan Ge and I go easy on you." Lay said. Luhan nodded, confirming Lay's words. Soojin chuckled, amused. Luhan and Lay looked at each other and blinked, turning their attention back on Soojin.

          "What's so funny?" Luhan asked.

          "Because you guys don't know my capabilities and you guys assume that it will be hard for me to compete with you both in basketball." Soojin answered.

          Luhan and Lay smiled. "Oh," the both of them replied back.

          "Then let us see how good you are." Luhan said. The two boys smirked with a playful attitude. *Cute* Soojin thought and smiled.

          "Alright," Soojin nodded her head. The three of them quickly ran towards the basketball court and with that, the day has begun.


         "No! Stop right there!" You breathed. The TV was still on when you passed out on the couch. Just as you were about to get to the of your short dream, a startling sneeze made you sit up right away. You turned off the TV and greeted your brother coming down the stairs with lazy steps. You jogged up the stairs, and went into your room to get dressed in the unicorn sweater Lay gave you the other day and a pair of jeans. You took a quick look at your reflection in the mirror and with a satisfied feeling went back down the stairs.

        "So how was your date with sister in law yesterday?" You asked casually, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. Your brother's eyes suddenly glistened with delight.

         "It went great! So dyou want to hear about it?" You didn't even have to nod or shake your head. "Well, Hyeji and I went to a really fascinating museum and..." Jaehyun continued his explanation as you blocked his voice from entering your ears. Max stepped towards you and you bent down to pet him out of your boredom that showed all over your face, but Jaehyun was too caught up in explaining his amazing date that he didn't even notice. You took a quick glance towards your brother and shook your head ever so slightly.

          "He's lucky to find a girl that loves him that much," you said under your breath. "I wonder if there's anyone out there that would love me like Hyeji does towards oppa," you murmured and went out towards the door after grabbing your jacket from the closet.

           "And then we- Eunhee-yah, where're you going?" Your brother asked you in the midst of his talking.

            "Out," you replied ambiguously, shrugging your shoulders. You got your sneakers on your feet and looked up at your brother's face. "You can tell me the rest of it when I get back home," you promised and Jaehyun nodded his head obediently.

             "You got your phone?" Jaehyun asked, double checking. You nodded and finaly walked out the door after giving your brother a quick wave.

              The sun just came out and fluffy clouds were filling the sky. You loosened up a bit before walking down your driveway in silence and when you reached the end of it, a basketball greeted you there.

              "Eunhee-yah! You're already awake?!" Lay exclaimed. You nodded sleepily and picked up the basketball.

              "From what I've seen, you're a pretty deep sleeper," Lay pointed, grinning.

              "I can't help it. Sleeping is my specialty," you defended. Lay smirked and pointed at the basketball.

              "Try making a basket from there. I'll give you 10 bucks if you do," Lay betted. Luhan and Soojin, now at their full attention, looked at you eagerly.

              "Eunhee! You got this!" Soojin cheered. You stuck your tongue out a bit, concentrating. You were probably 5 feet away from the end of your driveway and almost 15 feet from the basket.

              "Shooting a basket at eight in the morning... Well, that's the first," You murmured before shooting the ball towards the basket

              You felt kind of nervous as you watched the basketball hit the backboard and then the rim of the basket. Everything seemed to go in slow motion at that moment. Then miraculously, the ball slowed down and went through the net.

              *It's like I'm watching a drama* You thought with a smile of triumph on your face. You walked towards Lay, Soojin, and Luhan and Soojin gave you a quick hug.

               "Go get that money from Lay!" Soojin whispered loud enough for everyone to hear. You shrugged your shoulders.

               "Seems like I made the basket afterall," You hinted, looking up at Lay's blank face.

“Wow,” Lay nearly whispered. He reluctantly reached into his back pocket and gave you the ten dollars he promised. You thankfully took it, but inside, you still felt kind of bad. So when Lay wasn’t looking, you gave the ten dollar bill to Luhan.

“Can you give this back to Lay - oppa?” You said  ‘oppa’ in your quietest voice while turning away so that Luahn couldn’t hear. But he heard everything that you said and grinned automatically.

“Sure. I’ll give Lay - oppa the money,” Luhan teased, accenting the ‘oppa’ and you flinched.

“You heard?” You said and Luhan nodded.

“Every word,” He replied happily.

“Well thanks, anyway,” You quickly said and walked towards Mimi’s house. Soojin became hungry and decided to head back home to eat, and Luhan and Lay went back to their own home to wash up.

After taking a shower, Lay arrived in his room and found his ten dollar bill lying on his desk. He furrowed his eyebrows, wondering how it got there when Luhan walked into his room beside him and slung an arm around Lay’s shoulders.

“Eunhee told me to give it back to you,” Luhan said and left the room.

Lay couldn’t help it but to smile and he glanced towards the window.

*You’re really special, aren’t you?* Lay thought, smirking.


Thanks for waiting patiently! 

I hope that I can update more often, and that you guys would bear with me!

Suscribe, Comment!

Thanks again! ^^