chapter 12

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

No One's POV

You went in between the girl and the two guys. As one of the boys brought down his fist, you caught it and twisted it. He yelped in pain which made you smirk. You pushed him back and the other boy charged towards you. With ease, you dodged and tripped him. He would have landed on the girl, but she swiftly backed away and looked up at you with a look of worry.

The guy who was tripped got up right away and caught the wrists of the girl. You saw this and grabbed his arm and slammed him onto the ground.

You then gave the two guys a death glare which made them terrified and they ran away like lost puppies. You grinned with triumph and looked back at the girl with calm eyes. She looked harmless and innocent, yet had a sense of strength around her.

She looked up at you in amazement. "Thanks," she stated, and you gave her a smile as you turned to head back to your house. You looked towards the girl as you opened the door to your house.

She happily walked to the door of her house, but when she looked back at the place where all the commotion took place, her expression turned grim. She sighed and finally entered her home. You worried over what happened between the girl and the two guys. You shrugged and went inside.

After you ate dinner and washed up, you pounced onto your bed, grabbing your phone in the process. 'Did you know that someone finally moved into the house next to mine?' you texted Mimi. Moments later you felt your phone vibrate, and you opened the message that popped up on the screen.

'Really? Do you know who it is? Is it a hot guy?' you sighed and laughed to yourself.

'Uh, no... It's a girl. I met her today.' You texted back. Mimi's next text made you roll your eyes.

'Then, not interested.'

*This is so like Mimi* you thought and smiled. Your phone vibrated again.

'I saw THEM in our neighborhood today! Kyaa~!' You made a face. *Them?* Then it came to you.

'Yeah, I know...' You texted, then you messaged her again. 'My brother came back today' you knew her reaction already. You opened the message Mimi sent you afterward.

'OMG, JAEHYUN OPPA??!!!' I'M COMING OVER RIGHT NOW!' you traveled downstairs ready to hear footsteps come up the porch, and it did. You opened the door as Mimi ran into the living room, screaming.

"Jaehyun oppa!!!" you heard your older brother let out grunt and you laughed.

"Oppa, you okay?" you grinned, stepping into the living room to Mimi bear-hugging your brother.

"Hey, long time no see Mimi!" he said and Mimi let him go, taking a step back with a huge grin. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Wondering who it was, you looked through the door peephole and saw the girl from earlier standing there. You opened the door to see a basked in the girls hands. She smiled in delight.

"As a thanks for earlier, my mom and I wanted to give you some gifts and the fact that we're neighbors now. Here," she handed over the basked full of fruits and snacks.

"Thanks," you said hesitantly and accepted the gift. Mimi came over, staring at the girl.

"What's your name?" Mimi questioned, starting up a conversation.

The girl smiled and politely answered. "I'm Soojin. I just moved into the neighbordhood today. Nice to meet you" Mimi nodded in contentment.

"Pretty name," Mimi complimented. Soojin smiled. She was about to turn to leave when you stopped her.

"Wait," she turned around and you hesitated. "Um, what happened between you and those guys?" you could see her facial expressions turn sheepish. *Maybe I shouldn't have asked her* you thought regretting what you just said. Mimi leaned into the conversation, curious.

"Maybe I shouldn't have asked- nevermind," you added quickly, but she shook her head.

"You should know," she looked down. "You helped me afterall, and I would feel better if I told someone." you nodded, understanding.

"Come inside," Jaehyun said and gestured his hand towards the living room.

"Thanks," she said and walked towards the room. Jaehyun left, knowing that he shouldn't listen, so you, Mimi, and Soojin were alone in the living room. Soojin started her story:

"Well to make it short, I -" she hesitated, and smirked slightly. "I kicked their leader in the face." You and Mimi were speechless. *So it was all dramatic for this?* you thought with disbelief.

Soojin continued, this time with a kind of nervous look.

"But now they're after me, and I don't know when they'll appear. They just come and go. Just for that accident, they're trying to kill me, but it was only a kick in the face- big deal." you agreed. Just because of a kick in the face doesn't mean that revenge was the answer.

"What has the world become?" you murmured. A ringtone was heard all of a sudden, and Soojin answered her phone.

"Yeah? Oh, I'm coming," Soojin said into her phone and got up. "Well my mom told me to come home- see you!" with that, she headed out the door and took her leave. Mimi followed her out.

"I'll get going too! Oh, by the way, do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" she asked hopefully. You looked up at Jaehyun, who nodded. "Jaehyun-oppa, are you coming too?" He thought about it and finally nodded his head.

"You guys should invite Soojin, too," Jaehyun suggested. You and Mimi looked at each other, and nodded.

"Okay!" Mimi said enthusiastically, while you just kept nodding. "Well see you guys tomorrow!" Mimi said and finally closed the door. Jaehyun went upstairs to get ready for bed. You stayed in place for the next minute, and finally decided to go outside to enjoy some fresh air. As you opened the door, took in a full breath of air and smiled. You sat on the chair on your house porch and looked up at the sky. The sun traveled below the horizon, and it was pretty dark, but not really dark. You started looking back down when you saw dark shadows walking towards your porch. You squinted trying to get a better view. *Who are they?* you thought, prepared to defend yourself from any attack.


I decided there not to be a cliffhanger this time, so I hope it's okay!


          The dark shadows came towards you step after step. You got up from the chair and saw that there were six people in total. You were about to speak when someone spoke out first.

         "Eunhee-yah! I didn't know you lived here!" Someone said, and you blinked several times. *Who's voice was that again?* you tried to grab some of your memories back. They stepped out of the shadows so you saw them clearly. It was Suho, D.O., Lay, Luhan, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun. 

         "Oh, hi. what are you doing here?" you asked, not expecting their arrival at all. Jaehyun opened the door to tell you to come back inside when he saw the six guys, one of them being the one he saw at 'Fresh'. He pointed at them.

          "Eunhee-yah, who are they?" Jaehyun asked you, his eyes getting narrow, but he decided to tease you. "So who's your boyfriend?" Your eyes got wide and you hit your brother's arm.

           "Yah! I don't have a boyfriend!" you talked back at Jaehyun, and the boys laughed. Jaehyun had fun, but decided to get serious again.

          "But really. Who are you guys?" 

           "We're Eunhee's friends," Chanyeol said. Jaehyun seemed impressed.

           "Wow, I didn't expect you to have so many friends at school," Jaehyun said, impressed with you.

            "We just stopped by to say 'Hi'," Luhan said."It's nice to see that we all live near each other."

            "We'll stop by often, so beware~!" Baekhyun peeped in.

            D.O. and Lay stood there with no expression. 

            "Bye-bye, see you tomorrow," Suho smiled, waving, and turned around along with his friends. You watched them leave and waved yourself. 

          After seeing them leave, Jaehyun looked at you again. 

          "Are you sure that none of them is your boyfriend?" Jaehyun asked raising a brow at you. You bit your bottom lip in annoyance, sighed, and walked away. Jaehyun grinned. "So you do! Right?" 

          You turned around making Jaehyun stop in his tracks. "I am sure!" you felt like you were talking to a little brother instead of one who is 5 years older than you. You started walking up the stairs, to your bedroom. Jaehyun left you alone after that, and he left for his own room. 

          Jaehyun sighed as he went on top of his bed. "When one of them becomes Eunhee's boyfriend, I just hope that she'll be happy," Jaehyun said to himself as he looked towards the stars in the sky.


Hi! I hope you're enjoying the story!

If you have any suggestions, you can comment! I'd appreciate it!

Subscribe & Comment

Please! ^^