chapter 17

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

No One's POV

You shook your head, and finally brought yourself back to reality. Your eyes widened when you realized that you were in Lay's arms. You quickly pushed yourself back awkwardly and looked away, embarrassed. *I'm so stupid! Why didn't I just get out of the way of the car?!* you scolded yourself, and you heard Lay start talking.

"Eunhee-yah, you-" Lay's phone rang causing the atmosphere to become a bit more awkward. He put the phone up to his ear.

"What's up?" Lay spoke.

"C'mon, we're going inside the mall now," Suho answered.

"Okay, I'll be right there," With that, Lay put his phone back into his back pocket and grabbed your hand. Surprised, you looked up at him with wide eyes, but he just smiled and gave you a wink. "You can't just go unguided," he said and led you across the street, towards the mall.

In the next 5 minutes you and Lay approached the rest of the group. D.O. eyes grew wide and Chanyeol clapped his hands, grinning together when they saw you and Lay arriving holding hands.

"When'd the two of you get so close?" Chanyeol teased and at this Lay quickly released his grip on your hand.

"So where's Suho?" Lay asked, changing the subject and looked around the huge group. What you saw next made you laugh slightly. Suho was in the middle of  the group and trying to find a way out, moving right and left and raising his head over his tall friends and finally reached D.O. He rested his elbow on D.O.’s shoulder and let out a sigh. *Jeez, my friends are too tall.* Suho thought and looked at D.O. nodding once in satisfaction.

“Thanks,” Suho said in D.O.’s ear and faced you and Lay. Suho cringed only for a second. There it was again - that same pain that he felt before. He shook it off quickly, not wanting anyone to see, but D.O., right next to him, saw, and his eyebrows furrowed, a little worried, but he decided not to say anything. *Something’s bothering Suho hyung, but what is it?* D.O. thought to himself looking at his hyung once again.

Lay spotted Suho and smiled. “There you are!” he exclaimed and walked by his side. You walked towards Mimi and Soojin who were sitting at a table, outside, with Sehun and Luhan. The boys were drinking bubble tea happily, also trading their drinks sometimes. You sat across from Sehun and next to Soojin. As you sat down, your eyes darted towards the bubble tea that Sehun was drinking and you gulped. Sehun looked up at you, curious and saw how much you were into the beverage he had. He smiled playfully and held the drink out to you.

“You want it, don’t you?” Sehun said tantalizing you by waving the drink in front of your face. As if you were hypnotized, you nodded and took a sip. Luhan’s eyes circled.

“Indirect kiss,” Luhan gasped in a joking manner and Sehun grinned, followed by a nod. You ignored them and looked up towards the sky.

*Aww.. Eunhee’s embarrassed* Mimi thought and grinned. Sehun, secretly liked the thought of this for some reason, but didn’t show it. Chen made his way towards your table and stole Sehun's drink nonchalantly. A surprised Sehun followed his gaze up to the person who stole his precious bubble tea and stood up in protest, but Chen already took a sip and walked over to Xiumin. Sehun watched helplessly as Xiumin also took a sip because he thought that it was actually Chen's drink. Xiumin looked over at Sehun looking intently at the bubble tea and turned towards Chen wide eyed.

"Yah - was that actually Sehunnie's bubble tea?!" Xiumin asked and Chen answered with a grin. Xiumin slapped Chen's back slightly but he also chuckled. You looked from Sehun back to the bubble tea and smiled.

"Do you really want it that bad?" you asked looking up at Sehun who looked at you and nodded. You got up to get Sehun's bubble tea from Chen's hand, but someone already beat you to it.

"There you go," Minjoo said sweetly and handed the beverage to Sehun who blinked out of surprise. He thought that you were going to give it to him instead of Minjoo.

"Th-thanks," Sehun stuttered and Minjoo smiled before giving you a quick look.

*Trying to be nice now, huh?* Mimi thought and her eyes narrowed. But before Mimi could make a move, Soojin stood up.

"I don't know why you're acting like whatever you are, but it's getting really annoying," Soojin stated and Mimi smiled in satisfaction and looked at Minjoo, curious to see what her expression was. You were also surprised, but at the same time somehow relieved. You walked beside Mimi and watched Minjoo's expression along with her, Soojin, Luhan, Sehun, Chen, and Xiumin. To you it was obvious that the boys were confused; they had always thought that Minjoo was just acting like herself. You smirked.

"Yeah. That's not how you really are, right?" You decided to finally talk back at Minjoo for once. Out of all the times that you've faced Minjoo, this was the first time you actually turned your words towards her because you felt safe with Mimi AND Soojin by your side and maybe also because of some of the boys were with you. Mimi, also having fun, decided to join the 'fight'.

"Bye," Mimi said and waved at Minjoo who was glaring at you, Soojin, and Mimi. Letting anger get the best of her, she grabbed your wrist and dragged you somewhere where the others wouldn't see the two of you. Soojin and Mimi chased after the two of you and almost caught up when something or someone distracted Mimi and she pulled Soojin away, back to the place where Chen, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Luhan were. Soojin turned towards her, surprised.

"Why did we come back here?!" Soojin asked, worried. Mimi forced an awkward laugh.

"Sorry," Mimi started and looked around the area. "I just didn't want my ex to see me," Mimi said sticking her tongue out jokingly. Soojin' eyes got wide. She was about to say something when someone interrupted her.

"What do you mean 'ex'?" someone said and Mimi, Soojin, and the four guys turned towards the voice. Mimi cringed.

"Whoops, I guess I got found out," Mimi said sarcastically.


Minjoo looked back, and seeing that Mimi and Soojin weren't following you and her around any longer, she stopped and made a move to slap your face. Tired of being treated that way, you locked a death gaze with her and grabbed her wrist harshly. 

"Minjoo, you know what?" You said calmy and you watched Minjoo try to look fierce and you scoffed. "I'm sick and tired of your two faced personality. You better fix it or else you won't get a boyfriend," With that, you let go of your grip and started to head back when Minjoo grabbed your shoulder and pushed you against the wall hard. You hissed out of pain and grabbed your arm that felt the impact of the hit.

"What the hell are you to tell me what to do?" Minjoo spat a couple inches away from your face. You saw D.O. looking towards your direction and met your gaze. Minjoo was about to lay another push on you, but she stopped immediately when she heard someone's voice.

"Eunhee-yah!" D.O. called out and you saw Minjoo purposely show pain by holding her arm like you were. 

"Owww... It hurts," Minjoo tried. D.O. went to her, but for some reason you thought that you saw a spark of hatred in D.O.'s eyes. You moved your arm and cringed at the pain you felt, but overcame it and started to walk back to where you just were a couple of minutes ago. D.O.'s eyes followed you with worry and turned back to Minjoo who was making groaning noises. 

"Do you need help getting up?" D.O. asked with no feeling and Minjoo answered with a nod and a smile. He took her hands and pulled her up.

"Thanks D.O." Minjoo said and followed you. D.O. followed his gaze towards her walking with no struggle whatsoever.

"And I thought she said she was hurt," D.O. murmured and made his way back to his friends, looking for you.


Hi there! Don't forget about the polls on chapter 16!

I'm going to do some moments with those that are chosen with Eunhee! So please look forward to them!

Subscribe & Comment

Please! ^^

Also if you have any recommendations, you can tell me!

Please keep supporting my story!

Thanks! <3