chapter 18

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

No One’s POV

Your cut stung. You looked at it as blood started to seep out, a metallic smell reaching your nose, making your face scrunch up in disgust.

          “Oh great,” you murmured and looked at your wrist, recalling the incident that occurred in the science lab the other day. “An injury yesterday and today.” you finished and paused. *Wow. It’s only been a day since I met the boys?* you thought, quite stunned and finally arrived to see someone that you haven’t seen in a year or so. Your eyes widened as you walked closer and you looked back at Mimi. She looked dreadful, and you weren’t surprised; you knew exactly why her expression looked like the way it was right now.

You casually walked up to the group and stood beside Mimi, taking her hand into yours and giving a light squeeze of assurance and Mimi squeezed your hand back. You let go of her hand and in the corner of your eyes you saw Minjoo arriving and D.O a few steps behind her. You ignored Minjoo's close presence and you went to sit on a chair next to Suho and Sehun. When D.O arrived, he walked over to Xiumin, Chen, and Luhan.

“What is it with you and Minjoo?” Sehun whispered into your ear, his breath tickling you and sending shivers down your spine. You perked up and turned towards him in surprise, swinging your hair into his face in the process. Sehun shook his head to get the remaining pieces of your hair off of him. Your eyes widened and for some reason, you started to crack up a little. Sehun, seeing that he made you laugh, smiled widely enjoying your laugh that reached his ears.

“Sorry,” you said in between your laughs, which gradually ended. You suddenly heard Mimi yell.

“Let go!” Mimi shouted and everyone’s attention went to them. Even strangers stopped by to see what the commotion was all about. Sehun, Suho, and you quickly sprang off the chairs and ran towards Soojin, Mimi and the rest. Minho, Mimi’s ex, was holding onto Mimi’s arm and trying to pull her. You were about to intervene when Soojin had beat you to it, which made you stop in your tracks, which got Suho and Sehun to do the same.

“Let go of her,” Soojin seethed between her clenched teeth, a dark aura emitting from her.

"Make me, little girl." Minho spat at Soojin, a hint of mockery in his voice and smirked.

"I'll be glad to." Soojin grinned and reached forward, grabbing Minho by the arm. She ripped Minho’s grasp off of Mimi and pushed him back harshly almost making Minho fall to the ground. Your eyes widened at the sight before you.

Who knew this side of Soojin? Minho growled and charged towards her, pulling his hand back to punch her in the face. Before his fist could make contact, Soojin forcefully grabbed his wrist and twisted it painfully behind his back. Minho groaned in pain and his breathing came out heavily.

Mimi, Luhan, Chen, D.O, and Xiumin watched in horror. The four boys then shook their heads and realized that strangers were looking this way. They looked at each other and nodded, before telling the strangers to please keep moving and by the end, no one was looking in Soojin and Minho's direction.


Footsteps could be heard behind you and you turned around to see Baekhyun and the rest of the group quickly running up to you, Sehun and Suho. By the time they had reached the three of you, they were panting heavily, and sweat visible on their foreheads.

"What...happened...?" Baekhyun panted and held onto Suho for support. You pointed towards Mimi, Xiumin, Luhan, Chen, Soojin and Minho's direction. After his recovery, he looked up to see Soojin still twisting Minho's arm behind his own back. Baekhyun gasped and became wide-eyed. He was about to run to the two girls, but you stopped him.

"Baekhyun, let it go. Don't worry. They'll be fine." You told him softly. Baekhyun looked at you, unsure about your words for a moment before obliging. You turned your attention back to your other friends and watched Soojin and Minho intently.

"Don't bother Mimi if you know what's good for you." Soojin whispered into Minho's ear menacingly. Minho shook in fear and nodded his head furiously. Soojin let him go and Minho quickly ran away. Soojin took a deep breath before walking up to Mimi and patting her back. You took this as a signal to go to the two girls and you motioned the rest of the boys to follow you. You and the boys finally reached Mimi, Soojin and the other four boys. You decided to check if Mimi was okay first.

"Mimi, you okay? Did you get hurt?" You asked, full of worry. Mimi smiled and shook her head.

"Nope, thanks to Soojin." Mimi replied. You smiled and was about to check up on Soojin, when you saw that Baekhyun was with her. You decided to give them some time.

"Are you alright? Did that bastard hurt you?" Baekhyun asked Soojin frantically, checking her from head to toe, looking for any injuries.

"I'm fine Baekhyun. Thanks for asking." Soojin told him reassuringly and gave him a hug. Baekhyun tensed, but smiled and wrapped his arms around Soojin, sighing in relief.

"Awww, they look so cute together!" Mimi squealed. You rolled your eyes, but smiled as well. Baekhyun and Soojin were hugging for a very long time. You were about to interrupt them, when Luhan beat you to it. *What is with everyone beating me to everything?* You thought, frustrated.

"Ahem..." Luhan cleared his throat, but there was no response from either Baekhyun nor Soojin. "Ahem!" He tried again, louder this time, but failed miserably. Luhan frowned and sighed.

"AHEM!!!!!" Luhan tried, one last time and finally was successful. Baekhyun and Soojin stopped hugging each other and let go, both their faces turning pink. "Finally! Took you guys long enough." Luhan muttered before walking to Chen and Lay's side. Baekhyun and Soojin looked at each other from the corner of their eyes, locking their gazes for a moment, before reluctantly looking away from each other in embarrassment. Suho and Kris cleared their throats when a very uncomfortable atmosphere was noticed.

"Well then..." Kris started.

"Let's go and start shopping?" Suho said in a way that sounded like a question.

"Sure!" Mimi exclaimed, breaking the tense environment. The group smiled and was about to start walking around the mall when a voice called out, that was annoying to Mimi, Soojin and your ears.

"Wait!" Minjoo yelled and ran towards the group. "Lets go together." She said and smiled with her sickening face. You and Mimi rolled eyes while Soojin sighed in annoyance. The boys shrugged their shoulders and started walking. Soojin immediately walked over to Baekhyun's side. Baekhyun noticed Soojin beside him and gave his heart-melting smile before slipping Soojin's hand into his. Soojin looked up at him and the both of them smiled at each other before turning their attention to where they were walking with the group.

You and Mimi ended up walking beside Suho and Lay. Both boys looked at you and smiled, without you knowing, but there was one person who noticed this and that was Mimi. She grinned and looked at you and then to Suho and Lay. *Interesting. Looks like Eunhee has two admirers.* Mimi thought and giggled. You heard Mimi giggling and so you eyed her, suspiciously.

"What's wrong?" You asked Mimi, eyeing her weirdly. Mimi just shook her head and said 'nothing'. You shook it off and decided to let it go, whatever was happening. In a a minute or so, you and everyone else arrived by the entrance of the humongous mall and entered.

Minjoo walked beside D.O. and acted all flirty. Soojin, seeing this, rolled her eyes in annoyance which Baekhyun saw. He looked back and forth from you to Minjoo and pointed towards Minjoo with his thumb.

"What? Is she the problem?" Baekhyun asked, curious and Soojin nodded, letting out a sigh. Baekhyun decided not to say anymore in case it would frustrated Soojin, so he just stayed silent and nodded knowingly. *But I wonder what makes Minjoo so... mean.* Baekhyun thought as the group passed by many mini stores.

"By the way thanks for earlier," Minjoo said trying to start a good conversation with D.O., but he only nodded and continued walking. *What the heck?! I'm just trying to start a convo here, and he just doesn't reply back?* MInjoo thought with disbelief. 

*I guess no one else would know what kind of person Minjoo really is* D.O. thought and glanced towards the huge group of boys. He let out a sigh thinking back to what he heard and saw just earlier.

 

After Soojin and Mimi came back to the group after getting distracted by Minho, D.O. went to look for you. He stopped when he caught a glimpse of you pulling away from Minjoo. He was about to call your name when Minjoo pushed you back making you grimace from the pain that she caused you. D.O.'s eyes got two times its regular size as he saw Minjoo coming closer to your face threatening you. That was when his and your eyes met and he knew it was probably best for him to call out your name before you got even more hurt.

 

 From then on, D.O. kept that as a memory never to forget. *She really is two faced, huh?* D.O. thought and glanced towards you finally socializing with others. He smiled. "It's good to see that she talks with others now," D.O. murmured thinking back to the first time he met you. 

"What'd you say?" Minjoo said in a sweet voice coming up to D.O., surprising him. He stepped back in astonishment and accidentally bumped into Sehun who was right beside Luhan. He grabbed Luhan's shoulders to regain balance and faced D.O. D.O. bowed 45 degrees towards Sehun which made the maknae crack up.

"My apologies," D.O. said in a playful manner and stuck his tongue out. Sehun smiled and D.O just turned around and kept on walking. Minjoo who was getting bored of being next to D.O, decided to go to Suho and Lay. She happily skipped up to them and hooked her arm with Lay.

"Hi oppa!" Minjoo said and gave a sweet smile to Lay.

"Hi Minjoo," Lay replied and unhooked his arm away from Minjoo. Minjoo frowned when Lay did that and just decided to walk with Suho.

"Hello Suho oppa! Isn't today a beautiful day?" Minjoo asked Suho. Suho thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Yeah, I guess." Suho answered and smiled. You and Mimi were walking behind Suho, Lay and Minjoo after being kind of pushed away by Minjoo, and looked at her interactions with Suho and Lay and the both of you rolled your eyes out of annoyance.

"Minjoo's really good at keeping up with her two-faced personality," you said while looking at the shops that you're passing by.

"Yeah, but lets just see how long her two-faced personality will last." Mimi said and grinned. You nodded and glanced towards Minjoo for a second, but in doing so, you saw someone. Someone that was after Soojin

It was Tim.


Well! 18th chapter is up! Hope you like it!

Subscribe & Comment

Please!^_^