chapter 30

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

You hoped that it was just a dream, but it just happened; you saw it with your own eyes. 

You had no idea what happened next.

You stepped forward and pulled Minjoo away by the back of her shirt and made her stumble backwards, but she didn't fall. You would have punched her, but you knew you couldn't.

*I can't pour out all of my anger on her. That would... kill her* You thought, but instantly shook your head. You suddenly felt something you never thought that you would feel toward Minjoo. Pity. 

You  swallowed your saliva, sighed, and walked away without saying a word to anyone as their eyes followed you the way out.

You kept walking until you were out of their sight and leaned on the wall.

You stayed there thinking. Your heart was poundig. You felt as if you fell into an unending gap in the earth.

You crouched down onto your knees and then at the corner of your eye, you saw a figure looking around.

*Don't come towards me. Please.* you repeated the thought a million times in your head, but fate didn't listen to you.

As the figure came closer, you realized that it was Suho.

"Eunhee yah, are you okay? You got me worried when you just left like that," Suho said, and you knew that he was sincere with what he was saying.

At that moment, all of your nightmares crowded in one place in your mind.

Stage fright, bullying, your parents fighting, the dreams, Minjoo kissing Suho, and loneliness.

It started out as tears and and then it built up to a rush of tears. Your eyes spilled out tears unceasingly. Suho got surprised and instantly out his arm around you, in attempt to console you. 

"What's the matter?" Suho asked in such an angelic voice that you were impelled to spill out everything through your tears.

"Life is too hard for me right now," you started. Suho put on a genuine concerned look on his face.

"You see, I'm the victim of the predators of the school. Take for example, Minjoo. She's always been there to mock me ever since middle school." Pause. "My parents...." you choked at the thought because it was such a painful memory. "It seems like they're gonna get a divorce."     

Suho patted your back softly as you leaned against his chest. 

"I don't know why, but I felt so lonely too. When Minjoo... kissed you," you said and Suho's eyes widened in protest.

"I would have just pushed her away. Why didn't I!?" Suho scolded himself and you smiled a bit.

You wiped away your tears quickly with your sleeve.

"Sorry that I had to cry right on your shirt," you said as you tried wiping off the tear stains off his shirt.

Suho smiled. "I'm glad that you shared your worries with me," Suho said and you blushed sligtly.

"Thanks for understanding," you said quickly. "Well I'll get going. It'll be too awkward with Minjoo," you said and turned to leave but Suho grabbed your wrist. 

"I'll come with you," Suho said with a shy smile and you nodded. He gave you a happy smile and the two of you went towards the arcade.


*She took him away from me AGAIN!* Minjoo thought angrily as she stomped out of the gym after Suho chased after you. *How do I make him like me? And me only?* Minjoo thought again. *It seems like Suho really does like Eunhee...* Minjoo bit her fingernail.

That was when Minjoo got an idea.

"I can just make it seem like Eunhee's the bad one..." Minjoo said to herself with a suspicious grin.


After dinner, everyone gathered into the auditorium, seperating into the two teams you already had at the beginning of the field trip. 

"Alright so here's what the BIG game is," the teacher started. " you know what all of this means?" He gestured towards rolls of duct tape, a lot of bells, and foam paper on a table.  "We're gonna play our version of Running Man." Everyone cheered. You also became excited.

"You're all gonna come up here and get the materials and write your name neatly. We will not use any personal rooms, but there will be some rooms that were left open." The teacher instructed. "For those who don't know this, this is bell hide and seek game where one team is the seeker and the other is the hiding team. After 5 minutes, the team will rotate positions and the team that ousts all of the other team's members is the winning team. There's a lot of you and the building is big so you should all be able to play well. Teachers will be around with alki talkies and will tell me who is out and I will announce the team member and which team he or she is on on the intercom."

The teacher then gestured towards your team.

"You guys will be red. The other team will be blue." With that, one representative from each team came up and called heads or tails on the coin to see which team would be the hider or seeker. Your team guessed correctly and the rep chose to seek first. So your team stayed in the auditorium and the other team was given 1 minute to hide. 3 teachers were on each of the three floors.

After 1 minute, the teacher announced on the intercom that time was up and the seekers were on their way. With that, your tean was on the search.