28

Cowardice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So there’s no backing out anymore?” she greeted as soon as she entered her room seeing her tucking her clothes inside her luggage.

“What do you mean Jess?” she tries to play innocent but that just won’t do to her stubborn friend whose body is already slumped in her bed.

“Oh, come on Tiff you know what I mean.” Immediately she sits herself facing the latter. Making sure their eyes meet each other as the start of some serious conversation.

“You really sure about this whole thing?” she asked again emphasizing on her other ready to go luggage standing by the door.

“I have to Jess, I need space, I needed time to find myself right now.” She shifted her sight to her luggage breaking their eye contact, which is obviously killing her on the insides, for she knew she can never lie to this woman. Jessica.

..

..

“Why do you think he did that to me Jessie? Is he bored in our relationship that he cheated on me with some girl he just met somewhere? That I can’t satisfy his needs?” She was taken aback by the sudden question, for it was nowhere near the topic they are in. And not to mention that is so under the belt. Too personal. How is she supposed to know?

 

“Because we never did it before?” and another one. This time she really stopped her business of packing her things and sit on her bed beside Jessica.

 

“I can’t believe this, how can some-----.”

“Just as I expected” She doesn’t know how to respond. What to say. But those words just came out from her system out of nowhere.

 

“Never once he had mentioned it to me. He never asks for it ” She sounds really frustrated as of the moment trying to figure things out. She’s kinda like solving a jigsaw puzzle with the image she’s never seen before. She’s desperate to know.

“Because he respects you too much Tiff.” This time she made sure she’s spitting the right words from , she needs to be careful not to confuse her friend nor worsen the situation she’s in right now.

And the world stopped spinning. The clock stopped ticking, as silence embrace the place. It made her think in the darkest depth, that she began to cull the moments turned memories of him.

..

..

“Still that isn’t an acceptable reason to go find a girl when you certainly have a girlfriend you know. That is just----“  she quickly stood up escaping her delicate situation with this friend of hers. Washing away those memories that reminds her and the feeling that it is slowly coming back. Well it never really left, why would it comeback anyway. And then again, she continues to fill in her luggage.

“What if he didn’t really cheat on you? What if nothing really happened between him and Sooyoung? What if—“ she tries to snatch the clothes she’s about to squeeze in her suitcase making  her more pissed as she is right now.

Come on. A little more Jessie. She’s about to give in now. You can do it. Meanwhile on the other side of the planet, Jessica is mumbling out things to herself.

“Stop it. We both know something happened. Why do you keep siding him? Who’s your friend again?.” She glared at her with eyes not so scary. And forcefully pulled back the piece of apparel that was taken away from her.  You’re almost there Jessica Jung.

“This is not about that. What if--?"

“Oh come on. Stop with your stupid what ifs will you. He cheated on me that’s it! End of the story.” Jessica pitied that innocent dress the was squeezed in inside the luggage with no mercy, by the rightful owner of course.

This is it. Give it all your b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter