25

Cowardice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“How many times should I tell you not to call me ‘Master’ ahjumma.?”  He pouted as the older lady found it somewhat funny and ruffled his neatly groomed hair.

“Araseo. My WonWon has grown a lot eh. Even more handsome.” She compliments as her palms examines his face dearly.

“That’s right. Don’t ever give up okay.” Their conversation turned into a serious one as she noticed Siwon’s  unsure face.

“You don’t stop being a soldier ‘cause you got wounded in battle.” She added. Of all that is happening between him and Tiffany, only ahjumma Kim knows on Siwon’s side, not even his parents and even his little sister.

“But it seems like I’m fighting a losing battle already.” He uttered on his breath with his head hung low.

“No, Don’t say that. Always remember that anything that’ll make you happy, is worth fighting for okay?” she lectured lifting his chin up to face her.

“And I know she’s worth the fight Siwon. Don’t give her up.” The latter just smiled in response as he digests everything that the woman just said.

“Oh, you haven’t blown your candles yet.”  They almost forgot that the cake is still there and the candles melting waiting to be blown out. Ahjumma Kim sets a birthday hat on Siwon’s head and like a 5 year old he didn’t hesitate to wear it and eventually blow his candles joyfully.

“Even soldiers have their day off right?? So make this day your day off, no problems, no projects, no work, because its your day. Let’s celebrate it okay?.”

“Now let’s go. Everybody’s waiting for the birthday boy.” With all her might the older woman grabbed Siwon making him stand unwillingly from the piano seat he’s in.

“Wha..Who??”  he stuttered.

“No questions, kaja!”  clueless, he was being pushed towards the door.

 

♬ Saengil chukhahamnida, Saengil chukhahamnida,

 

As soon as ahjumma Kim successfully dragged the hard headed Siwon out of the piano room everyone’s voice echoed inside the house greeting him a happy birthday.

 

♬ Saranghaneun Siwonnie, Saengil chukhahamnida!

 

He just can stare in awe at the sight literally below him, the dining table is set as if really prepared for his celebration. His parents are present; his mom is smiling wide at him whom he called an hour ago and said she’ll be home the following day from her business trip, and his dad who is said to be in Hong Kong for a conference is smiling at his sight too. His sister Jiwon already munching her appetizer for the night and their entire house helps were gathered there too. But a certain someone is obviously missing and he never fail to notice it.

 

“I mean everyone in this house.”

 

But the thought of having all these people gathered in the place right now already means a lot especially coming from a business working family like Siwon’s. He shrugged off the thought and chooses to appreciate what he currently have, and that’s his family. And of course accept the fact that she isn’t and will not be there with them for the night, Tiffany.

 

***

 

The digital clock on the bedside table reads 2:00am and she’s still wide awake scanning each and every page of her books and she’s on the 9th book so far.  Her eyes are on the verge of giving up already and so is her body , and her brain, close to mental overloading of what she’s been reading the whole night.

Her careful study was disturbed by a ticklish and a little wet feeling on her leg. Tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter