23

Cowardice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Fany-ah where are you? Why can’t I reach your phone?” that was Taeyeon.

“Tiff, I’ve been calling you almost a hundred times now.” As expected from  Jessica

“Tiff, seriously where are you? Taeyeon and I are getting worried.”

“Fany, please call me back as soon as you receive this.” Another one from the worried Taeyeon.

“Yah! MiYoung! Where are you? Call me back.” Obviously this one’s from Jessica again.

“Okay, I’m getting tired now. Please tell me where you are.”

“Yah! Tiffany Hwang! You’re so dead once I knew where are you.” It is already visible enough that the ice princess Jessi is getting impatient, she’s losing her temper on the situation but nonetheless she continues to drop her voice messages.

“Tiff, Please I’m begging you, Tell me where are you???”

 

She grabs her phone beside the driver’s seat, as she plays their voicemails one by one, she can’t help but keep crying. She’s damn miserable right now and she doesn’t want to be a burden to them.  

She’s staring at her phone and saw her wallpaper. It’s their photo together. Siwon and her. With her kissing Siwon’s cheeks and him acting all so cute in a slightly dork face. They’re so happy, so in love. And again, she just cried.

Stare and stare and stare then cry and cry and cry. She looks stupid, but what can she do? Life is just cruel, that’s why.

Just when she’s about to turn off her phone again, she receives a call and she decided to answer it. She just tuck her phone on her ear and as what she expected she was bombarded with interrogation.

“Oh my god! Yah, why did you just answer now? Do you know how worried I was? Where are you? Have you eaten already? Are you okay? Tiff come on say a word. Please tell me you’re okay.” It was Jessica in worried English.

“Jessi.” That was so short, but her voice is shaky. She tried her best, but her vocal chord is not cooperating. And the person on the other line can sense it. Hello? Tiffany has a loud voice remember? But now its scarred, lifeless, broken.

“Tiff, tell me where you are now.” That was her immediate reflex. She needs to see her. Just by hearing her voice she really needs to.

“Jessi, I’m okay.” That was the most told lie by girls. And Tiffany just lied. Tears are silently flowing down her cheeks as she force herself to sound okay, just like what she said. ‘she’s okay’ but that isn’t and will not work on Jessica. She’s a girl too you know. 

“No, please just tell me where you are.” Tiffany  bit her lip as she shook her head of disagreement as if the other can see it.

“Tiff come on please. I beg you. Tell me.” Now she’s pleading.

“Jessi, I’ll be okay, hmm? Don’t worry.” She tries to force on a smile as she said that. But even how hard she tries, tears just wont stop.

“Tiff, just please tell me where you are now.”  The other on the line is close to crying too.

“I’ll see you first thing tomorrow. Good night Jessi.” She decided to wrap it up quickly. Because knowing her bestfriend, she just wont stop until she got what she wants. And that is to hunt for her. Yes, she needs someone to talk to, someone to lean on, but she just need some time, alone. And for the record her car seat and the steering wheel is doing that for her as of the moment..

“Tiff, hey, wai---“ A dropped call tone was just heard. She tried reaching her again, but her line isn’t available anymore. She turned her phone off again. That Tiffany Hwang. And that is definitely pissing her off. No, not Tiffany, but the fact that she still didn’t know where to find her. She knows she’s miserable. Damn right Jessi.

 

***

 

As soon as  the pink car found its space on the parking lot, a lady with a sunglasses on went down. Just like a normal school day, she’s carrying her bag, a couple of books and folders. Just like what a normal medical student looks like in the campus, but only a thing changed, she’s wearing her sunnies, and its still morning. Where’s the sun?

She’s heading to somewhere, and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter