12

Cowardice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Oppa, I just finished my research papers.” She broadcasted with glee.

“Really, that’s good to hear” he said as he gently tucks his phone in between his left ear and his shoulder. Yes, they’re on the usual phone conversation again. Always.

“Um ..yeah. are you busy? Am I disturbing you?”

“Ah. Not at all, I’m just reviewing the blueprint of our construction project.” He lied. Truth be told, he haven’t got even just an hour of sleep just to finish that da*n project. He’s just forcing his tired eyes to stay awake eventhough  it’s supposed to be closed hours ago.

“Oppa,,I miss you.I haven’t seen you for almost two months now” she pouted on the other line.

“You know I miss you too.” He managed to reply. Her voice is like music to his ears.

Almost Heaven. Almost.

Just almost.

 

Because having her beside him is the real heaven that he’s dying to be in.

“Do you want me to come over?.I’m not really busy this weekend.?”

“This weekend?

“Yes. Why?”

“I’m afraid we need to go to Yokohama this week to supervise at the construction site.”  He gloomily informed the other.

“Oh..I see. It’s okay, maybe next time” It can’t be denied that there is what you call “disappointment” on the tone of her voice. She almost wanted to tear up.

“Tiff, I’ll just call you later, Hmm? I just need to finish something, okay? I love you.”

“Hmm..yeah. Take care oppa.”

 

***

 

She’s walking towards the parking lot as she search high heaven for her car keys on her bag. When out of the blue her phone rang.

 

“Yoboseyo,” She cheerfully said as soon as she picked up the call.

“yeah. My class just ended. What’s with the sudden call Wonton?”

“hmmm.. Let’s say I just missed you, and..”

“And?”

“Hmm..Nothing. Are you going home already?”

“Whatever, Oppa. Um..yes I’m just gonna get my car and head home. You?”

 “I’m still at the University, I still have something to do.”

“Oh I see. So I’ll hang up now. I’ll call you when I get home.”

“Okay. Take care…See you.”

“I…”  she has still something to say when he hanged up already.

“See you~??” is all she can manage to say as she’s looking peculiarly at her phone and put it back inside her bag. And then she headed to where she parked her car with her keys in hand.

Much to her surprise she was greeted with a black jaguar on that same place.She immediately stopped coming closer looking really confused. For Pete’s sake her car is Pink.

“I’m sure I parked it here.” She mumbled under her breathe.

She’s about to head back and maybe look for her car somewhere, when her phone rang again that definitely halted her.

“You’ve been forgetting lately.” She didn’t really understand what the other is saying because she heard a car alarming somewhere. And as she turned around she saw that black car open, revealing a really familiar figure. Someone handsome that she knew.

Her eyes went wide realizing who that nicely dressed man is, as he remove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter