Prologue 2: Agent L

Scarlet Letters

During a casual night in Manhattan, a man decided to walk around the streets of New York City He wore a long black coat with a black scarf that covered the bottom half of his face. It was like he was trying to hide himself until he got to his destination. He finally stopped in front of a Night Club and showed his ID to a guard. The guard inspected him from head to toe and then granted him access into the Night Club.

At the Night Club, he watched people dance and party like they didn’t care about their problems. He watched people getting laid or drinking until they were drunk. The place reeked with alcohol or very more mature things but that didn’t concern him. He was only there to find a certain person. The man walked toward a bar and sat down at one of the stools.

 

“What do you want to drink?” asked the bartender while cleaning a glass with a towel.

“A strong shot. Also, give me the bottle too,” whispered the man as he took out cash and placed it on the granite table.

 

While he waited, a woman came by and sat next to him. She seemed to be in a bad mood as she yelled at the bartender.

 

“Give me a strong wine. Make it fast!” the woman sneered at the bartender while slamming her money at the table.

 

The man glanced at the woman and gave a half smile. He finally found the certain person he was looking for, Lee Sunyoung. Lee Sunyoung owned the Night Club but no one knew the face of the owner as she kept her identity a secret. The only people that who knew her were her close friends and family. No one knew how exactly how she paid for the Night Club but rumors had it that she was always chased by collections. The famous rumor was that inside this Night Club was a vault that held a 32 carat Emerald, stolen from the Seoul Museum of Ancient Jewels. (NOT A REAL PLACE) FBI Agents tried to track down the jewel but none led to Lee Sunyoung’s Night Club so they dropped the case. The man’s agency found the case of the Missing 32 carat Emerald and saw how much the reward money was if it was found. They tracked Lee Sunyoung’s files and knows that the 32 carat Emerald lies in the Night Club and so they set their best Agent for the job….Agent L aka. known as Kim Myungsoo.

****

Lee Sunyoung was impatient and saw that the bartender was slowly getting her drink so decided to randomly complain to a man. She turned to Agent L and decided to start a random conversation. L ignored her presence and stared at the drinks the bartender had. She glanced at what he was drinking and saw it was a strong shot.

 

“Strong shot, huh? Must have been a bad for you too,” she randomly said while turned toward L.

 

L didn’t answer back quickly as he placed his shot down and turned to her. He glanced at her appearance before answering her back.

 

“Yeah, my girlfriend dumped me for this other...man...” he lied.

“That’s sad. Who would dumb you, though? You’re very handsome to dump. Well for me, the guy I was dating only wanted me because of stupid money. I can’t believe I fell for him. Argh! I’m so stupid,” said Sunyoung.

“I hear that every day. Understandable if you have large sums of money, a lot of guys take advantage of you,” he said in a whisper while taking his shot and pretending to drink it.

 

L let the liquid spill onto his scarf. The scarf was absorbing the liquid like a sponge but then its dampness would dry. He didn’t want to be drinking in this mission. Punishments from the head began to frighten him because he rarely failed. The bartender finally gave Sunyoung her wine. He watched her drink and slowly becoming drunk. Now he had a chance to exploit her, by using skinship. He watched her tug on his sleeve as he moved close to her.

 

“Your eyes are filled with lust,” he whispered in his low voice, “what do you want from me?”

“You,” she blushed as she sat on his lap moving an inch close to his face.

“Me? I’ll give you what you want but we’re in public,” he said, trying to be reasonable and hoped she would show him the vault room.

“You want to be private? Alright, I’ll show you a place that I haven’t showed anyone,” said Sunyoung as she got up from his lap and pulled him to a room.

 

He watched her place her thumb onto a doorknob and pressed numbers that ended with 07. The door opened as she pulled L into the room. Sunyoung turned the lights on and it revealed her office. The place looked like a small club rather than an office. It had a bar, a ‘love’ couch for mature things and there was a picture frame that randomly was placed on the wall.

 

“Is this your office?” asked L.

“Yes, only the ones I believe are worthy can enter it. Also, I have to show you something,” she spoke while wobbly walking toward the picture frame.

 

L watched her carefully take the picture frame off as she revealed a vault. His expression was the same but inside he was excited to see the vault. He watched her open the vault as he implanted the numbers in his head. He watched her open the vault and there revealed the missing emerald.

 

‘So you do have the 32 carat emerald. Thank you for showing me this,’ he thought as he hid a smirk.

 

She then sat down at the couch and patted a seat next to her for L to come. He then played his act as he sat next to her. He hoisted her onto his lap and wraps an arm around her waist.

 

“So, where were we?” asked Lee Sunyoung as she wrapped her hands around his neck.

“I was about to kiss you,” whispered L as he moved closer to her and kissed her.

 

L kissed Sunyoung and Sunyoung enjoyed the kiss. L then moved his hand until he cupped her cheeks and moved his left hand to her pressure point on her neck. He pressed onto a pressure point her neck and she instantly fell onto the floor. Wiping his lips, he placed her on the couch and took the emerald by using his handkerchief. He wrapped the emerald with his handkerchief and then placed it on his pocket. He took out folded debt files from his pocket and placed it on her hands. Finally, he called 911 from her office phone and left the Night Club.

 

‘Such an easy job, since girls are always charmed by my looks,’ he thought.

 

 He then left the scene with the emerald. He took out his phone and called his HQ. His HQ sent him a private jet and he arrived safely to his HQ.

****

He walked into the Head’s room with the emerald. He looked around and saw the room was quite dark to see the face of the head as she moved close to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

“Well done, Agent L. I knew I can always count on you. Now let me see the emerald.” said the girl with a whisper.

 

L took out the wrapped handkerchief and unwrapped revealing the green emerald. The head took the emerald and patted L’s head as she walked toward her desk.

 

“It’s beautiful. Did that brat, 07, show up?” asked the head as she admired the beauty of the emerald.

“No, it was just me.”

“Good, you can leave now.”

 

L nodded as he walked out of the room. He gave a sigh as he was glomped by Agent N. L shoved the greasy man and glared at him.

 

“What the heck, Woohyun!?! I just got back from the States and you already tackle me. What do you want?” L spat as he pushed Agent N away from him.

“Myungsoo! You can never stay as L whenever you’re around me,” Woohyun chuckled as he hugged his companion.

“So what’s new around this place, while I was gone?” asked L.

“I met this person named Agent 01 like 07 but she was adorable than your cold hearted girl,” chuckled Woohyun.

“01? Why do you bring 07 up? Is she from the same organization as her?”

“Yep! She’s cute when she is angry and I hope to see more in my missions in the near future. That reminds me, how are you and 07?” Woohyun asked while nudging Myungsoo.

“There is nothing going on between me and 07! I haven’t seen her since a year ago! Shut up about her,” said Myungsoo as he punched his friend by the arm.

 

Woohyun laughed as he watched Myungsoo pick up his phone. He looked at the message and gave a sigh. Woohyun looked at the message and saw Myungsoo’s face.

 

“Another mission? What is it this time?” asked Woohyun.

“Scarlet Letters, level 5 type mission,” said L.

“Why name a mission Scarlet Letters?”

“I’m about to find out.”

 


So what do you think?
Yep, this is L's version of how he acts as an agent.
There will be small happiness here and there but not a lot.