Chapter 18: The Failed Mission

Scarlet Letters

“Shadow! Shadow wake up!” yelled a familiar voice.

 

Myungsoo looked around and saw Agent Namu and Serene. He looked around and saw that Zero had disappeared. He cursed under his breath.

 

“They took her. They took Yeoshin! I screwed up, Namu. I screwed up.”

“We need to head to the AOL agency, Shadow. Jooster and Choding had departed for their mission. Serene and I will fill you in the mission,” said Namu.

“What about Hyerim and Howon? Then what happened to Dno and Bbom? The rookies? What happened to them?”

 

Myungsoo could only spat questions because he was completely out of it. He failed on protecting Naeun. Now all of them were on a rescue mission to save her before she falls into Zero’s hands. Serene held onto Shadow’s hand as Namu drove to AOL.

 

“Shadow, we need you to snap out of it and listen to the plan. Choding is outside. He is currently part of the AOL but he will help you get to Yeoshin. He turned himself in order to get Zero’s trust.”

“Zero? That guy that I need to fight is Zero? That basterd! He’s the one behind this?”

“LISTEN SHADOW! We have no time for failures. Jooster had located Yeoshin and she’s kept in a room with attachments on. You need to be careful because one of those attachments will trigger the syringe. If she’s injected by that syringe, it’s game over for all of us.”

“I know that. Anyways, what are you and Serene doing?” asked Shadow as he was taking off his gear.

“We’re going through the vents. Bbom and Dno are guiding us. We’ll be behind your back. Just turn yourself in and from there, we can get Yeoshin out to safety.”  

 

Myungsoo was kicked out of the car and glanced at Choding as he handcuffed Shadow.

 

“You better not hesitate, Shadow. We’re risking ourselves for Yeoshin’s and your safety,” whispered Choding as he dragged Shadow into the building.

 

Everyone gasped at Shadow as he was thrown down in front of Scarlet and Zero. Choding pushed Shadow toward Scarlet as she frowned at Zero.

 

“You said he wouldn’t be hurt! Look at him! His beautiful face is already scarred,” whined Scarlet.

“Wow, Scarlet also betrayed Woollim. We have a lot of betrayers around here. Choding, Zero, and now Scarlet. Looks like my day is getting better,” scoffed Myungsoo.

 

Scarlet gritted her teeth and slapped Myungsoo’s face. She smirked and only gave him a chaste kiss afterwards. Zero pulled Scarlet away from Shadow and glared at her.

 

“Don’t kiss the enemy, Scarlet,” said Zero.

“But he’s mine just like Yeoshin is yours,” whined Scarlet.

 

Shadow spat on the floor after being kissed by Scarlet. He could only glare at the duo. Zero glared at Scarlet as he watched her leave his side. He glanced back at Choding and smirked at the beaten agent.

“Choding, what do you have to report?” asked Zero.

“He tried breaking through but I caught him in time and paralyzed him. He’s not thinking straight,” said Choding.

“Seems like Hades doesn’t like his Persephone being captured but she’s in good hands, Shadow. She’ll be loved but she needs to tell me how to make the syringe. The problem is we only have one. That’s why we need to find a way to produce a few more. She’s our key for that because she’s one of the three that created such a helpful syringe. We could find the other two but they disappeared. The only one left is Yeoshin. A goddess, yes, but also a very intelligent woman. To create a syringe that makes you forget your memories. You can make millions off of that. God, I can’t believe I fell for a woman like her but the problem is, she’s as stubborn as you. She won’t tell me the formula so I have no choice but to use the syringe and use it against her. It’s a smart plan because she’ll be in the AOL agency. She’ll get the other two creators within my grasp and will love me or at least, I’ll make her think she was in love with me. A beautiful thought out plan right?”

 

Shadow could only grit his teeth and look at Zero. He completely was insane and no longer at their side. Zero was no longer part of Woollim.

 

“You’re sick. This is why Naeun never loved you,” muttered Shadow.

 

Zero turned to Shadow and shrugged. He laughed at Shadow’s pitiful state.

 

“No, Naeun will love me and she’ll never remember your existence. You’ll die, anyway. Poor you, you won’t get to see the day when I make that syringe as medicine for the mental ill because I’m going to kill you. Choding, take him the chamber. He’ll freeze to death like Oh Hayoung and Sungjong,” said Zero.

 

Shadow widened his eyes as he was dragged out of the room. Shadow tried to struggle but dragged away by Choding. Choding looked at the helpless agent and sighed. He smacked Shadow’s head and glared at him. Shadow looked at Choding’s eyes and saw the passion. It meant that he had time as they neared the chamber. Choding let go of Shadow and took off his handcuffs.

 

“You can’t just run. You have to fight me,” said Choding.

“Gotcha,” said Shadow.

 

Shadow threw a few punches at Choding and then used the handcuffs on Choding.

 

“Thanks, choding and I’m sorry for bringing you into this,” whispered Shadow as he ran off to find Naeun.

 

****

 

Myungsoo found Naeun as she was strapped onto a wall full of attachments and saw the syringe was not injected yet. He gave a sigh of relief and started to look at the computer to figure out how to get her off there. He couldn’t ask Jooster because she was currently part of the AOL agency as well. He looked at the keyboard and tried to think of a password that Zero might use until he felt a presence in the room. He swung his nun chucks at the presence, only watching it be deflected.

 

“Shadow, if you hit Serene, you’re not getting out of here alive,” sneered Namu as he took the nun chucks.

“Sorry, I thought it was Jooster since she’s technically in Zero’s side,” whispered Shadow.

“Yeah, we know. Serene has been trying to crack this passcode for a while now. What took you so long?” said Namu.

“Zero plans to make Naeun forget everything. Use her as a weapon against Dr. Sunggyu and Agent Yookyung. If only we had a way to contact them. We can ask for an antidote and a way to save Naeun.”

“Yeah, that’s great but we’re in operation bring Yeoshin back to Mount Olympus,” whispered Serene.

 

Yeoshin woke up because she heard whispers. Her mind glanced at the figures in front of her and saw Shadow with Namu and Serene. She watched Shadow near the computer as she yelled at him before he could touch anything.

 

“Don’t touch it! If you enter the wrong key, it would trigger the syringe. Anything you do now will trigger the syringe. So leave and save yourself,” whispered Yeoshin.

“Yeoshin, we can’t leave without you. That’s a mission failure if we don’t retrieve you back,” said Namu.

“Naeun, I’m sorry. This is because of me,” said Shadow.

“Myungsoo, it’s not your fault. It’s mine because I made that syringe with Yookyung and Sunggyu. I shouldn’t have. I put Oh Hayoung and Sungjong. They were frozen in front of me. The rookies kept quiet and was killed off because of me. Zero. I didn’t know he was behind this. I thought he was our friend but he turned against us,” stated Yeoshin as she started to cry.

“Shh, Naeun, calm down. We’ll get you out of here. Everyone’s risking their lives for you,” said Shadow as he carefully touched her hand.

“Shadow’s right. Don’t underestimate us. I’m Agent Serene, remember? Even though I’m not as great as you and Shadow. We’ll figure something out. Besides, I bet you, Jooster is at our side,” said Serene.

 

She typed the password and watched it release Yeoshin. Yeoshin fell into Shadow’s arms as she hugged him tightly. She was so scared that he wouldn’t find her.

 

“Okay, we need to leave. Everyone to the vent,” whispered Namu as he crawled in.

 

Yeoshin was about to leave but she felt something wasn’t right. She pushed Shadow away from her as the contraptions twisted around her and the syringe was injected onto her arm. Shadow watched in horror as he tried to get her back.

 

“No! Naeun!” yelled Shadow.

 

Serene watched in horror as she pushed Shadow into the vent and closed it so no one could get out or in. She rushed to where Yeoshin was and grabbed the syringe, trying to get it away from Yeoshin. She succeeded after a few tries but the rest of the serum was injected onto her. Serene tried to leave but she was entangled and strapped onto the wall as well.

 

“Chorong!” yelled Shadow as he watched them both through the vent, trying to push through the entrance.

 

He watched as the ladies screamed and electrocuted. He couldn’t do anything but watch because Serene had ready lasered the entrance of the vent.

 

“Go! Myungsoo, go! You need to leave before they find you. I’ll stay by Yeoshin’s side. Tell Woohyun that I love him and we’ll find another way to save her,” gritted Serene as she screamed again.

“Myungsoo, I love you. Always. Remember that,” said Yeoshin as she fell into deep sleep afterwards.

 

The screaming stopped and he watched both ladies become silent. He heard someone enter and saw it was Zero. He couldn’t watch it any longer but he listened and recorded the conversation.

 

“Seems like someone interfered with the process. How will this affect Naeun?” asked Zero.

“We don’t know, sir. We just know that Naeun will forget her memories but there will be partial memories that she will remember. Same thing will happen to Serene,” said the stranger.

“How do we get the girls not to remember?”

“We have to electrocute them if they start to remember. The electric currents will waver them to forgetting that part of their memory again.”

“Then build something that will make them forget,” gritted Zero.

“The watches. We can build two watches that can instantly put electric currents onto them if they start to remember their memories. An alarm will go off if people try to make them remember and we can send our troops to them.”

“Sounds painful but I don’t really care as long as I have Naeun’s heart. We’ll be able to find the other two.”

 

Myungsoo listened and hear Zero and the unknown voice leave the room as he crawled through the vents and out of the agency. There he saw Namu sitting on the lid of the dumpster and looked at Shadow.

 

“Where’s Serene?” asked Namu as he got off the dumpster and looked at Shadow.

 

Shadow couldn’t say anything as he gave Namu the recording. He listened to the recording of girls screaming up to Zero speaking. Namu stopped it and couldn’t listen to it anymore. He pushed Shadow away and was about to go back to the vent but was blocked by Shadow.

 

“You expect me to believe that she sacrificed herself for Yeoshin,” said Namu as he fell down to his knees.

“Yes, right now. We need to go back to HQ and find another way to get Yeoshin and Serene back,” muttered Shadow.

 

Namu stayed on his knees after wards launched himself forward at Shadow, pushing Shadow onto the wall. He brought his fist and raised it onto Shadow, about to punch his face but stopped short. He was devastated that his partner had sacrificed herself to save Naeun. Now, both are being tortured. What’s worse was they both forgotten their memories. He couldn’t believe it but he couldn’t look at Shadow right now before he punches him or worse, kill him. Namu fled the scene and left Shadow. Shadow fell down onto his knees as well because he failed another mission. She saved him twice already and he couldn’t save her. Shadow fled the scene as well, going back to Woollim too.

 

Someone touched L’s shoulder as L snapped back to reality. He looked around and saw it was EJ. She looked worried and L sighed and saw the redness of his hands. He must have blackened out and was put into a trance, thinking about the day he let all of this happen. He took R’s radio transmitters and saw her building another radio accepter to tune into AOL’s conversations.

 

“I saw that look. You were experiencing it again, weren’t you?” whispered EJ.

“Can we not talk about this? It’s the past. Right now, we need to pass this mission,” muttered L.

“N made you think about it, didn’t he?” asked EJ.

 

L slammed his hand onto a tree and glared at EJ. EJ backed away since she never saw L so desperate and determined but angry.

 

“It’s my fault that I brought you, N, and everyone else into this twisted drama. Naeun, Zero, and I caused so much trouble for you and the others. I hurt you and everyone involved in this mess and I understand that. So please EJ, listen to me and don’t talk about it anymore. I have so much guilt eating me every time I see 07 and 01. I just want to hold 07 and tell her 'I love her' but I can't. That watch will kill her. Right now, I just you to trust in me just like Rina. N lost trust in me but I need his help so I need you to help him. We will be able to leave this place once the AOL get here,” stated L as he walked away from EJ.

 

EJ watched L walk toward the mine as she turned around, seeing N behind her. She knew that he was behind her. N leaned against the tree and gave a sigh.

 

“Do you see what happens to him when you keep telling him about that time?” asked EJ.

“He has to remember something especially how to get rid of those watches. I mean, how are we supposed to go back to woollim if we can’t rid of 07’s deadly watch?” asked N.

“They suffered so much pain, N. I can see it in L’s eyes. Let’s stop pressing him and wait for Jooster’s instructions. Maybe Jooster has a way,” said EJ.

“Fine,” said N.

 

They started to walk in order to catch up to L, not knowing that the AOL had arrived.

 


OKAY. I finished the 2nd chapter. I'll probably reread this and ask myself what  did I write. Anyways, feel free to comment if you don't understand what's going on. (I can probably rewrite and help you. I will probably rewrite this chapter) I can probably explain everything without revealing people. Anyways I think people need a list of who is who because I just dumped another set of agent names. LOL. 

Naeun - agent 07 (AOL) - YEOSHIN (for woollim)

Myungsoo - L (LONS) - SHADOW (for woollim)

Namjoo - 02 (AOL) - JOOSTER (for woollim)

Sungyeol - 04 (AOL) - CHODING (for woollim)

Woohyun - N (LONS) - NAMU (for woollim)

Chorong - 01 (AOL) - SERENE (for woollim)

Hoya - 05 (AOL) - former H (LONS) -  HOWON (for woollim)

Eunji - EJ (LONS) - HYERIM (for woollim)

Dongwoo - 03 (AOL) - DNO (for woollim)

Bomi - R or Rina (LONS) - BBOM (for woollim)

Seokjin - J (LONS) 

K and Sin haven't been revealed yet.

Kim Hayoung is Myungsoo's little sister. She's not Oh Hayoung and she really has no revelance but I like supporting characters. I made her up (Okay not really. I thought she was going to be the Hayoung but then I was like eh, why don't I just make her dead to add more suspense in the story. lol.) Oh Hayoung and Lee Sungjong are dead in this story. Sorry :/ They froze to death. Mentioned on the top. Slowly and painful is the way the go for Zero. I don't know why he likes slow and painful things. Yookyung and Sunggyu are missing. I can't reveal that as well. Zero and Scarlet? Hmmm. I can't reveal them yet but I want to see who people think as Zero. HINT HINT. Scarlet and Zero are technically here with another name. *wink* *wink*