Chapter 1: 07's life

Scarlet Letters

Back at Naeun’s HQ (Still have no names for Naeun’s and L’s organizations >.>)

“What did he do?” asked Naeun as her smile disappeared.

“In NYC, we found a 32 carat Emerald that belongs to a Jewel Museum. We sent another agent because you were still in Japan. He recorded that L was assigned the same mission. So-”

“So L found the owner and took the 32 carat emerald. Thus, our organization failed to retrieve the emerald,” Naeun said to finish the sentence.

 

Namjoo nodded and watched Naeun try to digest the news. Naeun started to walk and Namjoo followed her until they got into a room with a hologram of the globe. The room was filled with agents and computer engineers. Computer engineers were in charge with the collecting information of their opposing enemies, which also includes hacking; handling firewalls, and tracking agents in their missions, in case they needed back up. Namjoo is the head of the computer engineers. She knows how to do all sorts of tricks with a use of a computer.

Naeun looked at the globe and tried to spot her close friends’ numbers. The hologram of the globe showed their organization agents in blue with the symbols of numbers. It also showed the opposing secret organizations like the organizations that L belongs to. L’s organizations symbols were letters and are in Red on the globe. The globe is used to track missions of the agents and also what is going on in the worlds’ nations. Naeun saw that all of her friends’ numbers were at HQ. She turned around and there she saw two close friends, 01 and 04. 01 is Park Choring and 04 is Lee Sungyeol.

 

“Naeun!” yelled both of them as they rushed to greet her.

“Sungyeol! Chorong! It’s been a while,” smiled Naeun after she spoke.

“I told you to call me Sungyeol OP! PA~ I’m your sunbae!” whined Sungyeol.

“Haha, very funny. We both graduated Spy Academy together even if you’re older than me. Remember, I’m the prodigy student and I’m supposed to be still in Spy Academy so even though you were in school longer, both you and I are the same,” teased Naeun.

“It doesn’t matter! I was here before you,” complained Sungyeol.

 

Naeun ignored Sungyeol’s constant whining and talked to Chorong instead.

 

“So what is new, Chorong unnie?” asked Naeun.

“You call her unnie and don’t call me oppa!?! Sheesh, Naeun you’re nice,” Sungyeol mumbled as he interrupted their conversation.

“Sungyeol, stop talking before I tie you up with a scarf or send you flying out of the room.” Naeun gave a smile that looked like she was about to hurt Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol zipped his mouth and pretended to throw a key away. He gestured for Chorong to start speaking. Naeun couldn’t help but smile at Sungyeol’s movements. She was glad to have some happiness in her life of danger. It was her source of living as an agent. Without it, fear would continue to eat her alive until she lost her will to live.

 

“Naeun, there is an agent named N. I’ve been tracking him down and all it says is he is part in the same organization as L,” said Choring.

“I don’t know him, sounds like a new agent. Why are you tracking down Agent N?” asked Naeun.

“He constantly bothers me and says so much cheesy pickup lines! It’s so cheesy that sometimes I just want to shoot him but we’re not assassins. The worst part is that I’ve been seeing him a lot in my missions, lately.”

“That’s funny. N sounds like a comedian than an agent,” teased Naeun.

“Yah! Naeun ah, he may be a tease but he fights like an agent. I went against him in order to protect a politician and he almost killed me. He’s good and strong. I couldn’t defeat him in hand to hand combat.”

“Great, so they have another idiot in that organization,” muttered Naeun.

“Honestly, I don’t understand you two. L and N don’t take you two seriously because both of you are fun to tease. If you two learned how to take a joke, they won’t tease both of you so much and take you two as agents. Besides, L and Naeun are equally matched unlike you and N. N seems to be dominate in hand to hand combat so don’t let that weakness drown you in your missions. Wait! So it’s L and Naeun and N and Chorong? I don’t understand these forbidden relationships. I mean, what’s wrong dating someone in this organization? Like Namjoo, for instance,” stated Sungyeol as he broke his imaginary zipper when he was asked to shut up.

“Yah! Don’t bring me into this conversation!” yelled Namjoo as she ran away from the trio.

 

Naeun and Choring both glared at Sungyeol which sensed tension in the room. Naeun tilted her head side to side and cracked her knuckles while Choring brought her hands up and made them into fits. Both girls advanced toward the terrified Sungyeol and tacked him to the ground. Naeun held him down while mentally whining about his height.

 

‘Why are you so tall?’ thought Naeun.

 

As the Naeun held Sungyeol down, Chorong and tied him up. When the girls finished tying him up like a cal, they walked off leaving the blade, the way to free him, 30 cm away from him.

 

“Naeun! Choring! I was kidding! Come back and untie me! What if I have a mission!?! NAEUN! CHORONG! COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” screeched Sungyeol, almost sounding like a dolphin.

 

Namjoo came back, after Naeun and Chorong left the room, and looked at the poor agent. She laughed and knelt beside him.

 

“Namjoo! Free me. Please, I was joking about earlier,” whined Sungyeol.

“Hehe, you did deserve it.” Namjoo laughed as she sat next to Sungyeol.

“I was kidding! We all know that L and N are our enemies. Please untie me!” Sungyeol begged and whined.

“Oh alright,” Namjoo said while taking the blade and started to cut the scarf like rope off.

“Aigoo, I always owe you. Do you want me to treat you?” asked Sungyeol as he took the rope off his hands and feet.

“I want you to stop joking around so much. That way, you won’t get into these situations,” Namjoo said while laughing.

 

She got up from her siting position and walked off. Sungyeol smiled as he watched the top computer engineer walk into her office. He gave a sigh because he knew that he didn’t have a chance with her. He also knew that relationships were a risk and he didn’t want to risk her life.

****

Naeun gave a sigh when her watch started to alarm. She knew that she was getting another mission. She took out her phone and looked through the files and saw that she was needed in London. Why London though? She smiled at Chorong and waved goodbye. She then walked into a hallway of bookshelves until she found a specific bookshelf that had the certain amount of books. She moved the same book open and it led her back into her office.

At her office, she found a plane ticket to England and a backpack filled with gadgets. She knew that she had to dress herself as a Cambridge University Student under the name Shreya Bowen Kim. Packing her things, she looked at her office before living a life as Shreya Kim, a new university student from Korea.

 


This shall be my last update for a month. I think.
I seriously need to finish Fated Promise.
I'm almost done with that story.
Anyways this chapter is only about Naeun.
The mission will appear on the next chapter.