Chapter 19: Operation Yeoshin

Scarlet Letters

07 glanced at the entrance of the mine area and shook her head. They needed to find another way. People were already there. She turned back to the crew and shook her head, crossing her arms, making a sign of an x.

 

“We can use this entrance. 02, I thought you said that this place was abandoned. Why are there tracks here? Also, I checked that the tire tracks on the ground and it seems that it was here early today. If it were abandoned, it would have been dried up for years,” said 07.

“So what do you want to do, 07?” said 02.

“We find another way in without being detected. I have a feeling that they went close to the mine so the best place to be is away from the mine. We go west set up camp away from the mine.”

“You got to be kidding me. I was forced into a wilderness mission?” said 06.

“Well, 06 since you don’t like the wilderness then embrace it,” said 07 as she threw his backpack at him. “You’re in the scouting team with 05. 04, you’re going to drive this fan west of where the mine is. Follow 05 and 06. 03 and 02 are staying in the van because they need to build the equipment. Radio transmitters and interceptors. We need to know who else is in the woods. 01 is with me. We’re going to be the trailers and look out. Got that?”

“Yes!” yelled everyone in unison.

 

06 was the only one that was angry with this decision but he respected 07 because she was a good at planning and being able to use deduction and intuition in order to keep her group safe. She always cared about the safety of others even if she had to jeopardize the mission. 06 and 05 lead the van through the woods. Like usual, 05 didn’t speak and let 06 complain about the number of broken branches. He wished he was on another mission. 04 in the other hand was in the van and slowly driving the fan while 03 and 02 were building radio transmitters in the van.

 

****

 

04 stopped the van and waited for 05 and 06 to clear the road.

 

“When are we starting the plan, jooster?” said Sungyeol as he turned to her.

“Don’t call me that. What if 06 hears you?” hissed 02.

“Yeah, but I know who made those tracks. It was Shadow and his scattered crew,” said 04.

“We can’t do it. I can’t do it yet until I use it to communicate it with Bbom.”

“But we can’t make mistakes, 02. If we do, we compromise the mission and we could get J, K, Sin, and 06 into this mess. They can’t find out,” said 04.

“I’m very surprised that you’re acting this way, Choding,” said 03 as she emphasized his nickname.

“Don’t call me that. I’m only telling you that you can’t make any mistake. You have act upon it. Plus, 07 has some of her memories back and I accidentally spilled some information to 110. He has the right to know, after all, he was our key to keeping Naeun and myself save if we ever wanted to rebel from AOL,” said 04.

“I knew it! So that’s why you and 07 always seemed to disappear when you two didn’t have a mission. 07 couldn’t take off her watch but you could. You just decided not. 110 knows the secret of keeping the watch hidden and it was radio waves. How did he know?”

“07 and I stumbled upon it while we were hiding from an assassin mission. We found the place. 110 wasn’t originally from AOL. He was just a night courier and flew solo. I convinced him to be on our side. It was part of my mission from Double 0 anyway. 07 just though it was just a hideout. We have a deal with 110 to erase him from the AOL list once we leave for this mission. Did you do it?” said 04.

“So that’s why you told me to erase 110 from the AOL list after Chorong’s mission. So he could go back to being a night courier? You know, Double 0 will track him down right?” said 02.

“Not really. Since he knows the watches weakness, he’s been hiding in areas with a lot of transmitted radio waves. Plus, if we ever need him, he’ll come straight to woollim or we visit him at our hideout that 07 and I know” said 04 as he started the van again.

 

02 watched 04 turn away from her and started to drive slowly again. She was angry somewhat that 04 kept this all a secret from her. Plus, 07 knew about it too. She tried to let her emotions die down as 03 place a hand on 02’s lap. He gave one of his angelic smiles to calm 02 down. He knew exactly what she was feeling. She was feeling jealous but 03 knew that 02 wouldn’t admit such a thing because being in love was forbidden in this agency. 02 could only sigh as she finished building the radio transmitters. She turned all of it in the same channel as Naeun’s number. After all, this mission was to rescue her.

 

“Done,” said 02.

 

02 looked around and saw 04 stopped the van again. It seemed that they were close but far away from the mine. 02 opened the van and saw the lot staring to grab a radio transmitter. She gave different to 06 and 07. She wasn’t risking it since she didn’t know which side 07 was.

 

“What now, 07?” said 02.

“Thanks, 02. We need 2 lookouts. 02 and 03 should stay here. I need 3 people with me to accompany me to the mine. 06, you’re on lookout duty. Go into the trees. Check for surveillance and also be careful. Contact me through the radio. 05, you’re going to be guarding near the hideout. I need you guard 03 and 02. Finally, 04 and 01 are coming with me. Got it, everyone?” said 07.

“Roger that,” said 04 as he grabbed his equipment and glanced at 02.

“What is it 02?” said 02.

“Just listen to our leader,” said 02 vaguely as she climbed back into the van.

 

04 watches 02 and gave a sigh since he felt that she was still angry at him. It’s been a while already but it seems that 02 can’t forgive him or so he thinks. He glanced at 05 and nodded if he heard what 02 had said. Everyone dispersed afterwards. 03 and 02 watched 06 disappearing through the trees. They waited a few seconds and gave a sigh.

 

“Okay, Jooster. It’s time,” said 05.

“The goddess needs to go back to Mount Olympus, do you copy?” said Jooster through the transmitter.

 

02 listened and waited, hoping that the people who were on this channel knew what she was saying.

 

“Jooster, is that you? I haven’t heard from you for 3 years,” said a familiar voice.

 

02 couldn’t help but smile as she answered back.

 

“Yes, Shadow. It’s me. It took me a while to finally speak to you but I’m here to bring everyone back. Now, then. Let’s get to business. Is everyone positioned,” said Jooster as she looked at Howon and Dno.

“Yeah, Hyerim is near the entrance that you described in the paper that you sent me. Namu is waiting for Serene. I’m near the tracks. How are you, Howon, Bbom, and Dno going to escape? We still need to take care of 06, K, J, and Sin.”

“Don’t worry about us. We still need to fake our deaths. I’m not worried about ourselves finding entrances. They set many explosions around this place. Plus, there are multiple entrances besides the mine because this base is Woollim itself. We just need Yeoshin to get into the base first. That’s our priority,” said Jooster.

“So what do you want us to do, engineer?”

“I want you to fight her. Fight her until she believes you’re her enemy. Then go near one of the walls, it will trigger a rock slide evading you and Naeun to an entrance. The rock slide will reveal a dark hole in the wall, you need to go in it and say the password. The password is simple. It’s your identity in Woollim. You also need to say Naeun’s but it’s voice protected so use the voice module that you had back then. I know you still have it because it’s unlike you to misplace Naeun’s gifts.”

“What about me?” asked Namu.

“Namu, I need you to knock out Serene. You and Serene will ride down the tracks down to the official entrance. From there, you can explain the situation that’s happening on top of the base.”

“And me?” asked EJ.

“EJ, your entrance are underground passages around the whole mine area. Once you’re underground, the radio waves won’t affect you. I installed a tracker chip to the fake dolls, our replicas. They also have our DNA so we can officially fake our deaths and leave our trapped agencies. You’re our hope, EJ. If you mess up, Howon, Dno, and Bbom won’t come out alive in this mission. I sent Choding with you. He’ll come there shortly.”

“Everyone, ready? Let operation Yeoshin commence,” said Jooster. 

 


I'm screaming at the pinkfinite moments. LIKE OMG. I can't believe it. UGH. Almost all the live performances I watched, Infinite either was after Apink or Apink was after Infinite. It wasn't much but I really want moments. We only had 2 moments. I was watching a Taeun video of INFINITE's 2nd win and I saw Naeun staring at Myungsooo and Myungsoo staring at Naeun. LOL. I didn't say anything because I respect to Taeun shippers. I don't want to bash a taeun shipper's video because that's rude. 

 

Anyways, enough about that. How do you like the story so far? Seems like Jooster is the brilliant mastermind behind this plan. Amazing right? Well, next up is the mission. Will there mishaps or will they be sucessful? Stay tuned for more. I'm supposed to be studying for physics but I didn't feel like it. RIGHT! I also put up a poster. It's not that great. I lost the other that I had. UGH. I was pissed when I couldn't find the other one. ANYWAYS, thank you for the comments, subscriptions, and upvotes. Feel free to upvote, subcribe, and comment. Until next time. o/