Chapter 15: A Start of a New Mission

Scarlet Letters

AOL Headquarters

At the AOL agency, people did their usually business. People be talking in telephones or working in offices as if it were a business. It was a business but something that most normal people didn’t know that this was also a secret agent headquarters. The only way to be hired is if you know the agency’s secret and the spy world.

Naeun walked into the building and was greeted by many people. She was finally back from her hiatus. She walked into her office and closed the door and searched for the certain book when she found the book she was looking for, she pushed it forward and it revealed a secret passage that led her to the room that had a hologram of a globe. Glancing at the globe, she saw her number 07 stationed at headquarters and sighed since she knew this place was nothing but a rotting place filled with assassins, double agents, and a twisted leader. There was so much mystery that she didn’t know about until that night she had helped L find his sister. She stopped thinking when she heard Namjoo’s voice. Turning around, she saw Namjoo talking to Sungyeol. Naeun trailed her gaze and walked away since she wasn’t willing to see Sungyeol after what had happened between them. While she walked down the hallway toward her office, she bumped into someone.

 

“I’m sorry,” stated Naeun as she looked up and saw it was one of the elites.

“Agent 07, it’s nice that you’re back,” smiled the elite.

“Ah, agent 03, it’s been a while. I haven’t really seen you out doing mission. Did you find yourself loving computers more?”

“Not really, it’s just that Namjoo, I mean Agent 02, wanted me to help with programing, hacking and etc.”

“Ah, I understand. Anyways, it was nice speaking to you, see-”

“Agent 07! There are you are. What are you doing with Dongwoo? I was looking for you.”

 

Naeun turned away from Dongwoo, Agent 03, and saw it was Namjoo but behind Namjoo was Agent 04, Sungyeol. She turned away from Namjoo and looked back at Dongwoo. Dongwoo raised an eyebrow and saw the tension between Sungyeol and Naeun since they weren’t greeting each other. Not wanting to stay any longer, Dongwoo looked at Naeun as well.

 

“See you around, 07,” stated Dongwoo and he walked off and joined the engineers.

 

Naeun was cursing mentally because she thought that Dongwoo would help her get away from them. She turned back to Namjoo and gave a force smile but as an actress for so long, she convinced Namjoo that she was fine.

 

“I was talking to him. Why? Is there a mission?” asked Naeun as she only looked at Namjoo and ignored Sungyeol’s presence.

“Actually, I want most of the elites to go on this mission. The problem is that your watches will be defective at this mine place. It has another letter that belonged to Queen Mary,” stated Namjoo as she was looking through her tablet.

“So it’s another scarlet letter mission. . .who is joining me?”

“I wish I could come but I can’t since the technicians and engineers need me. Agent 05, 01, and 04 are joining you with this mission.”

“Aren’t you leaving out 03 and 06? What about them?” asked Naeun.

“Agent 03 is working with me and Agent 06 still hasn’t come back from his mission.”

“You said that 3 months ago? Are you sure he is still at the mission?” asked Naeun.

“Well you know 06, he doesn’t really talk about his missions.”

 

Naeun felt someone’s presence as she took out her signature gadget, an electric rod. She pushed Namjoo toward Sungyeol as she made it change into a sword as she tried to hold back the impact. She pushed the figure away and threw her gadget at him. He grabbed it but he suddenly remembered that this was not an ordinary sword when it was too late, it tazed him already. The figure fell down onto his knees first and laid numb on the floor. She smirked and shook her head at the figure.

 

“You’re still bad at concealing your presence, agent 06,” stated Naeun as she knelt beside him.

“I thought I would win this time and change my name to Agent 07 for once,” stated the numb figure.

“Yah! Kim Jongin, this place is not a playground,” yelled Namjoo as she threw down a file near him.

“I’m sorry 02, I haven’t seen 07 for a year and this is usually my way of greeting her. Anyways what’s this? You’re already putting me in another mission? I just got back from a star 5 mission. What is it? Another star 5 mission?” asked Jongin as the paralysis disappeared and he sat up and glance at the flies.

“I guess, 06 is with us on this mission,” stated Naeun as she gave a smile.

“If the reward is good-”

“Yeah, we’re going into a mine filled with oil, we’re not escorting some ambassador or leader of a country,” stated Namjoo.

“Then, I’m not in,” stated 06 as he threw the files back at Namjoo.

“You’re going to be at my team, 06, because you know what happens when you defy me,” stated Naeun as gave him a glare.

 

Jongin didn’t glance at Naeun since he knew how she looked as he took the flies and gave a sigh.

 

“Fine. . .I’ll do the mission. There better be good pay. I’m still trying to beat Naeun,” stated Jongin as he stood next to Namjoo.

“Great, the info is on your phones and remember your watches will be defective once you enter the mining field. It’s like being near the Stonehenge,” stated Namjoo as she walked away happily.

 

Naeun watched Jongin walk into his office, leaving Sungyeol and Naeun alone. She tried to walk pass Sungyeol but Sungyeol grabbed onto her wrist. She didn’t look at him because she still felt betrayed and she didn’t want to look vulnerable in front of everyone at HQ. Sungyeol leaned closer and whispered something.

 

“I’ll tell you everything at the mission. Just trust me, Naeun. I know you. We’ve been best friends for so long so don’t be like this.”

 

Sungyeol let go her and walked off. Naeun tried to stay composed but she was still angry at him. She didn’t know whether to trust him anymore as she walked toward her office. Even though she was angry at him, something tells her that Sungyeol is being cautious because of Double 0 and AOL. She was still confused by this. What is Double 0’s motive on keeping a close eye only on her?

 

****

 

LONS Headquarters

L was in the meeting hall as he fiddled with Sungyeol’s note. It was some cryptic message because all it had was half drawn numbers. None of them were a complete number. For example, the 9 looked like a backwards capital e because the curve wasn’t fully connected. He hid the note in his pocket when all of the elites came in. He sat up and watched the head sit in front of him and all the other elites sat next to him. When all seven elites were in the room, the head started to speak.

 

“With the help of Rina’s hacking, we were able to track the next scarlet letter is at the mines. With the leaked information, the other agency is planning to bring most of their elites so we will be doing the same thing but I want everyone to dispatch as soon as possible,” stated the head.

“Wait, so you want us to leave? You brought us all here for this?” asked N as if this mission was absurd.

“Head, I know you want us to go there but I think it should be a four person mission,” stated EJ as she looked through the files.

“I want everyone to go except L. He is staying here since he is at his bye week,” stated the head.

“Of course, it’s so typical that L doesn’t do the dirty missions, anyway,” muttered N as he glared at L.

 

L glanced at the elites and saw the dissatisfaction of their faces. He said nothing because he knew that N was going to attack his words even if he tried to reason with the head. He didn’t want N to receive any punishments just because he was favored by the head.

 

“Anyways, we’re all settled? Leave tonight and don’t disappoint me,” stated the head as she emphasized the word ‘disappoint’.

 

Everyone started to gather things as L stood up and spoke.

 

“I’m going on the mission. Forget what the head said. If the other elites are there then 07 will be there.”

“Oh shut up, L. You’re the reason why everyone fails anyway,” stated N.

“Yah! N, we need the amount of help anyway,” said EJ as she walked toward L.

“Thank you EJ, you make a lot of sense instead of Nam Woohyun,” said L as he glanced at N.

“Not surprised that people will be at your side,” sneered N as he walked away.

 

Rina looked at L and then followed N because she couldn’t believe that the duo were not in good terms. She saw N kicking the trash bin as he slammed his fist on the wall. N turned around because he already saw Rina and gave a sigh.

 

“What are you doing here, Bomi?” asked Woohyun.

“I was worried because you and Myung are usually not like this,” stated Bomi.

“It’s nothing. It’s just I’m sick of being in this place. I want to leave quickly,” said Woohyun as he turned away from her.

“It’s because of her, isn’t it? You know we’re almost close so don’t feel that bad,” said Bomi as she tried to comfort him.

“No, we’re not close. We’re stuck here until L decides to rebel this place which won’t happen because he’s a puppet of the head.”

“Yah! Woohyun!”

“Don’t! Woohyun me! Leave before I say something you don’t want to hear,” said Woohyun as he glared at her.

 

Bomi looked at Woohyun as she walked back into the meeting hall. Woohyun in the other head left the agency and headed toward the library because he wanted fresh air and be away from the elites. When Bomi entered the meeting hall, she saw L and EJ looking at a note.

 

“I figured it out, L!” stated Eunji as she smiled.

“Cool, what does it mean?” asked L

“The notes means that the goddess will return to Mt. Olympus, whatever that means,” said Eunji as she gave back the note to him.

“Ah, thanks Eunji, you and Bomi should get ready to leave. I’ll meet you guys later,” said L as he left the meeting all.

“Eunji, what was that all about?” asked Bomi.

“It means we’re finally going back home,” smiled Eunji.

“Leaving? You mean we’re going to be shepherds again?” asked Bomi as she held onto Eunji’s hand.

“Yes, we’re going back to the WOOL where LIM lives,” smiled Eunji as they left the meeting hall together.

 

****

 

“07, are you crazy?” asked her team in unison.

“I’m not crazy. I’m just saying why don’t we just not use our watches since it’s really going to be a distraction once we’re in the mine field,” stated Naeun as she slung her backpack on a shoulder.

“It’s not that bad but let’s leave it in the car,” stated Sungyeol as he took off his watch and place it in the container.

“See! Agent 04 agrees with me so why don’t you guys follow him.”

“I’m in!” said Agent 01 as she took off her watch also.

“Well since everyone is doing it, I’ll do it too,” said Hoya.

“Hey, 07, how come you’re the only one with the watch on?” asked Jongin as he place his watch in the container.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you guys but my watch is impossible to take off,” said Naeun as she showed her watch to her team.

 

The watch had no opening and when the team tried to lift the watch, it stayed in place. Her team looked at Naeun weirdly and shook their heads and climbed into the van.

 

“I guess, being top of the class gets a special watch or something like that,” stated Jongin.

 

Sungyeol laughed since that wasn’t the reason why Naeun had a different watch. Naeun elbowed Sungyeol as she placed her finger onto her lips in order to keep the reason of the watch a secret. He glanced her and nodded because he knew how to keep secrets anyway.

 

It was the start of another Scarlet Letter mission.

 


Maybe I should give you a list of characters and their agent names. 

AOL Agents:

  1. Naeun- Agent 07
  2. Kai- Agent 06
  3. Hoya- Agent 05
  4. Sungyeol- Agent 04
  5. Dongwoo- Agent 03
  6. Namjoo- Agent 02
  7. Chorong- Agent 01

LONS Agents:

  1. Myungsoo- L
  2. Woohyun- N
  3. Eunji- EJ
  4. Bomi- Rina

Extra characters:

  1. Lee Minhyuk- 110

 

Seems like I already revealed the seven elites of AOL but not for LONS. =P
Have fun reading o/