Chapter 8: Suspicion

Scarlet Letters

Hayoung looked at Naeun with hurt eyes. She didn’t understand why her own unnie couldn’t recognize her. She didn’t change that much after four years. Why would her own unnie not recognize her? Hayoung decided to help Naeun remember who she was by telling her who she is.

 

“Naeun unnie, can’t you recognize me? You’re my unnie,” said Hayoung.

 

Naeun looked at Hayoung with confused eyes. She was already planning on knocking down the child. She needed Hayoung to forget about her existence, no one should know who she is. Chorong realized what was happening in Naeun’s eyes as she nudged her leg. Naeun glanced at her and gave her a glare. It was like they were telepathically speaking to each other. Poor Hayoung, she didn’t understand what was going on.

 

‘You’re crazy Naeun! Don’t knock that girl down. Maybe she is looking for another Naeun.’

‘Are you kidding? No one knows that I’m Naeun. How can this child be looking for Naeun if Naeun is a rare name? Chorong, I know you have a heart for children but this child is probably working for them.’

‘Naeun, don’t do it!’

 

Naeun turned to the girl and was about to knock her out but Myungsoo stepped in between Naeun and his little sister. Naeun sighed and looked at the strange guy. Myungsoo turned to his little sister and glared at him.

 

“I told you to sit down by the window, didn’t I?” growled Myungsoo.

“Yes, but Myungsoo oppa. . .that’s Naeun unnie,” said Hayoung.

 

Naeun widened her eyes as she heard the name Myungsoo. Was he the one that she was looking for? She didn’t know because Myungsoo was a common name unlike her name.

 

“That’s not Naeun! Stop mistaking strangers for Naeun because she’s not in Seoul,” said Myungsoo to his little sister.

“But, Naeun-”

“No, Hayoung. Just go back to the table and eat your food,” said Myungsoo.

 

Hayoung gave a sigh and decided to listen to her brother before he yelled at her louder for not listening to him. Myungsoo gave a sigh and turned back to Naeun and Chorong to apologize. He bowed his head and walked away toward his little sister. Naeun glanced at Myungsoo and then turned back to Chorong.

 

“He sounds familiar in my dreams,” said Naeun.

“You’re kidding right? You don’t even know this guy. How can you be sure it’s him?” asked Chorong.

“I don’t know but I’m willing to find out,” said Naeun as she placed her tip for the waiter.

“You’re going to follow him? Naeun, what about talking about why you’re on vacation?” asked Chorong.

“I’ll tell you later unless you want me join me in following them.”

“I can’t Naeun, I’m meeting up with a guy named Nam Woohyun,” said Chorong.

“Suit yourself,” said Naeun as she shrugged and walked off.

 

Chorong glanced at Naeun and saw leave to go and talk to the guy from before. She had a bad feeling that Naeun was going toward her doom as she decided to go to the library.

When Myungsoo saw Naeun, he knew that he and his sister needed to leave. He knew that Naeun’s boyfriend was probably looking for her right now. He didn’t want his sister to be involved in his issue sp he decided to leave. When he went toward Hayoung, he pulled her toward him.

 

“Yah! Oppa, I didn’t finish my milkshake,” whined Hayoung.

“Then take it, we need to leave,” said Myungsoo.

“But, fine,” said Hayoung as she took her milkshake and let her brother drag her out of the restaurant.

 

Myungsoo turned toward Chorong and Naeun’s table and started to scan the area. He spotted two suspicious customers and realized that they were walking toward him and his sister. He cursed under his breath and started to walk faster and try to blend into the crowd. Hayoung was drinking her milkshake, not noticing her brother’s movements. Myungsoo looked ahead and saw the entrance of the mall. He needed to get there before he gets caught.

 

“Hayoung, I need you to listen to me,” whispered Myungsoo as he was scanning the area.

“What is it, oppa?” asked Hayoung.

“Run. I want you to run straight ahead and outside of this mall. When you get outside, take a bus outside of Seoul. Go to Busan if you want to. Take this bus card and also remember the tazer I gave you? Do not let anyone touch you. Zap them immediately, understand?”

“What? Oppa, what are you talking about?”

“Just listen to me. Run now!” yelled Myungsoo.

“But oppa! What about you? What about ahjumma!?!”

“She will fine. I promise you. Just go.”

“Oppa!”

“RUN HAYOUNG!” yelled Myungsoo as he tried to stop his tears from falling.

 

Myungsoo watched his sister leave him as five mysterious men started to surround him. They started to ask him questions as he started to hit them. Men started to approach Hayoung as Myungsoo started to fight off them men that tried to catch his little sister. When his sister left the mall, he watched his sister enter a bus and gave a sigh of relief. The bus pulled off and he was tackled by the mysterious men that tried to capture his little sister. He fought them off but men came from different direction and started to hold him. The men tried to suffocate him as his sight became blurry. Myungsoo felt it was the end of him until he felt the grip of the men disappeared. He passed out and felt secured into someone’s arms.

****

Woohyun sat at a small table inside Seoul’s largest library. He waited for 01 to show up. He wondered if she was ever going to show up. He decided to believe because she was his hope of leaving LONS. He hated that place but he stayed there to help L. It wasn’t working because L had become the head’s favorite and also an arch enemy of the AOL. He didn’t understand what L was trying to do but to him, it was a chaotic plan. Suddenly, a shadow walked toward his area. He took a book next to him and started to read. He glanced up and saw 01 holding a gun toward him.

 

“What are you doing here?” asked 01.

“Nice to see you, 01, I’m Nam Woohyun.”


I haven't updated in forever.
I'm sorry! >.>