Chapter 14: Who am I?

Scarlet Letters

“Who am I?” asked Naeun as she walked toward Sungyeol and Minhyuk.

 

Sungyeol kept his eyes at Naeun’s expressions. The change from confusion to horror was all Naeun could display. He couldn’t tell her anything and it was hurting him in the inside since they had been through a lot together even before AOL.

 

“You’re Naeun,” Sungyeol calmly stated.

“Liar! I’m not Naeun. I’m 07, an agent that is only used for missions by Double 0. I’m considered a possession or thing if that what I heard correctly from your mouth!” screamed Naeun.

“Naeun, that’s enough. You need to calm down.”

“Calm down? Why should I be calm? I can’t remember anything before this so called spy academy that I’ve been in for four years. How come I only remember calling Myungsoo? Or this Agent Shadow? Or being called Agent Yeoshin? Who are these people!?! Why do they keep appearing in my dreams? Are they really only in my dreams?” Naeun kept asking questions pertaining to the dreams that she keeps seeing.

 

Sungyeol couldn’t watch her anymore because he might tell everything about her real identity and it would really confuse her. He turned to the door and started to walk away, leaving Minhyuk to deal with Naeun.

 

“You jerk! This is one of the reasons why Namjoo didn’t approve your relationship with her! You’ll just leave like Myungsoo!” yelled Naeun as she collapsed onto the floor, feeling vulnerable.

 

Sungyeol was actually near the door as he heard everything Naeun had said and it stung him because it was true.  He finally left after he heard Naeun crying. Back inside the base, Minhyuk ran toward Naeun and hugged her but Naeun pushed him away. She stood up and wiped her tears as she walked toward the door but stopped and turned to Minhyuk with tearful eyes.

 

“You shouldn’t be close to me anymore since I’m a monster just like Sungyeol had said,” Naeun whispered as she left the base also.

“Argh! Every person I know is so weird and complicated!” yelled Minhyuk as ruffled his hair before leaving as well.

 

****

 

Myungsoo was as miserable as Naeun. He was a lifeless doll that sat on the floor, no longer wanting to do anything.  Everything was his fault. The deaths of Agents Oh Hayoung and Agent Sungjong, the disappearances of Agent Yookyung and Dr. Sunggyu, the loss of memories of Chorong, even the relationship problems of Sungyeol, Namjoo, Eunji and Hoya. It was his entire fault. His mindset was no longer on how to save Naeun but his friends.

Someone entered his apartment but he didn’t care because he thought it was Woohyun. The figure walked toward Myungsoo and stopped infront of him.  Myungsoo slowly glanced at the figure and scoffed and laughed as he went back to looking down as if he wanted to be punished.

 

“You look miserable,” said the figure as he knelt down in front of Myungsoo.

“I deserve it. I mean I caused Sungjong and Oh Hayoung’s death. Sunggyu and Yookyung disappeared. Woohyun lost his girlfriend. Who wants to be on my side after so many failures? Why are you still at my side, Sungyeol?” said Myungsoo as he glanced at the floor.

“Those rookies didn’t die because of you. They did whatever it took in order to keep Woollim’s new headquarters classified even if those AOL agents tortured them. Also, they saved you from being captured because they believe the duo will be reunited,” said Sungyeol as he was trying to enlighten the mood.

“That’s the point. I should have been captured instead of them that way Sunggyu and Yookyung’s disappearance wouldn’t have happened.”

“Sunggyu and Yookyung are alive! They are probably in hiding because Double 0 wants them captured. Stop blaming yourself on things that you had never done. If Naeun hears you captured, I’m pretty sure she will not come back. ”

“How do you know? Naeun? Who’s Naeun? That girl is confused about who is anyway.”

 

Sungyeol was furious since L didn’t see how confused and frustrated Naeun was. He grabbed onto Myungsoo’s sweater as he glared at him.

 

“Get a grip! Wake up! Naeun found out that she didn’t belong to AOL. You don’t know how frustrated and confused she was. You’re acting just like her. Stop it! I came here in order to save you so that you wouldn’t regret so much. Stop degrading yourself,” yelled Sungyeol.

“I’m not degrading myself. I’m already in that state anyway,” said Myungsoo as he laughed.

 

Sungyeol couldn’t handle this state of Myungsoo since he always seen Myungsoo ahead of him in everything. He looked up to his best friend throughout Spy Academy since he was always behind him. Seeing him made him realize how much hardships Myungsoo was going through. He tightened his grip on Myungsoo’s sweater and shook him.

 

“Don’t give up! She already remembers you. Just save her before she mentally falls into Double 0’s hands. She’s still there, Myungsoo. You just have to help her remember.”

“You’re just giving me hope but this is reality.”

 

Sungyeol realized that Myungsoo was no longer sane so he let go and watched Myungsoo fall toward the ground. He took out a note and placed it in front of Myungsoo. He then left since there was nothing else to do. Myungsoo stared at the ground as he laid lifeless and let his tears, that he hid from Sungyeol, fall out.

 

****

 

Naeun walked into her apartment and closed the door as she sat in front of the door, leaning her head against it. She had been lied to so many times and when finally hearing the answer she wanted, Sungyeol decided to leave her confused and frustrated. She screamed her frustration as she stopped screaming when she saw white loafers that didn’t belong to her. She widened her eyes in horror as she stood up and ran toward her room.

There, the person she didn’t want to see at this time, was sitting near her desk and drinking French wine. He glanced at her and placed his wine glass down at the desk and walked toward her. His touched her cheeks and Naeun could feel the cold fingertips brushing across her cheek.

 

“Why were you screaming?” asked Double 0.

“I was frustrated because I’m still on vacation,” whispered Naeun as she gave him a stoic expression.

“Is that why? Then why did your hologram disappear on the globe? I was worried that you were ambushed by LONS. I came here and found you missing. Where were you?”

“I was walking around the streets of Busan. I don’t know. Is there a chance that my watch is malfunctioning?”

 

Double 0 was amused at such a statement as Naeun only gave him a stoic expression. He took a strand of Naeun’s hair and brought it closer to his face.

 

“I hope you weren’t sneaking around. You know I don’t like it when you go missing. Anyways, I will have Namjoo revoke you from your by week since you’re so eager to work,” stated Double 0 as he brought Naeun’s strand of hair to his lips and kissed it.

“Don’t you dare disappear again. Sleep well,” stated Double 0 as he left.

 

Naeun stood there and waited for the door to close. When she heard the door, she slammed her hand on the desk with so much force that the glass had fallen toward the floor and shattered. She is willing to find out who she really was and why Double 0 is so cautious and possessive over her.

 

‘I will figure out who I am with no help. I’m determined to find out why L is always appearing in my dreams and those Woollim agents are.’

 

‘ Watch me, Double 0. I’m walking behind your path from now on.’

 


I missed you guys so much! I'm so sorry for not updating in like forever.
When was the last time I updated? I think it was late summer of 2013? 
Anyways, I'm pretty sure you guys missed me.
I'm sorry that I never updated. I had writer's block and then school.
It's okay now because I'm a 2nd semester senior in high school and got into a good college. 
I can pretty much update now. Yay! Enjoy the chapter.
Like I usually say:
feel freem to comment, upvote, and subscribe. o/