Chapter 6: Mysteries unfolded

Scarlet Letters

Chorong ran into HQ with the documents but not the actual letter. She gave Namjoo the coordinates and then ran back outside. Namjoo called Chorong’s name but she needed to help 04. He didn’t exactly dodge the last move that EJ made and he was bleeding a lot. Chorong and Sungyeol didn’t notice it until they arrived at Korea. She rushed Sungyeol to the Infirmary Hall of the LONS and held onto his hand. By the time Sungyeol was at the Infirmary, he was already unconscious. The doctors gave Sungyeol stiches after they cleaned his wound while Chorong stayed outside of the emergency room.

While Sungyeol was getting stiches, she took out the same note and glanced at the note. She wanted to know who Nam Woohyun was and why he wanted her to not trust anyone even her closest friends Sungyeol and Naeun. While she was trying to inspect the letter, the place she was standing out was a little dim. She glanced at Sungyeol and decided to go back to her office.

When she arrived at the office, she opened a lamp and tried to inspect the note. While she read the note, the note revealed a few more lines next to Nam Woohyun’s name.

Meet me at the library closest to the art museum in Seoul.

At noon. Two days from you gotten this letter.

 She quickly hid the note when she saw a presence of a shadow coming toward her office. An agent knocked on her door and she glanced up. She smiled and was glad to see 05, Hoya standing at the door.

 

“Hey, Ronggie. How was the mission?” asked Hoya as he walked into the room and sat in front of her.

“It was hard. They sent their elites there. EJ faced Sungyeol and now he’s in the Infirmary,” sighed Chorong as she took out her papers about the letters and started to inspect them.

“You should have helped Sungyeol then,” said Hoya.

“I couldn’t because that stupid guy named N tried to kill me by suffocating me. How was I supposed to know that EJ was taking on that mission as well?” asked Chorong.

“I see. Anyways, how is 07? I heard she failed her mission and was dismissed for a week.”

“What!?! She failed her mission? How?” asked Chorong as she dropped her papers that she was observing.

“I heard it was because she hasn’t met L for a while and was tricked by him. I think it’s rumor. Naeun would have told you or Sungyeol about her mission failure anyways.”

“I’ll find out about it later. Random question, do you any one by the name of Nam Woohyun?” asked Chorong.

“Nope, I never heard of the guy. Why so curious about him?”

“I was just asking,” said Chorong, “I should go because Sungyeol will be looking for me. See you later Hoya.”

 

Chorong stood up from her desk and walked out of her office. Hoya glanced around Chorong’s office and gave a sigh.

 

‘If I were her, I wouldn’t be looking for that guy. He’s nothing but bad news,’ thought Hoya as he stood up and left her office.

****

Chorong arrived at the Infirmary and found Sungyeol looking through his iPad. She gave a smile and pulled a chair to sit next to his bed. Sungyeol saw this and gave a smile at Chorong.

 

“Hey,” he said as he placed his iPad away.

“Hey, how were the stiches?” asked Chorong.

“Not as bad but it did hurt. Did you see Hoya by any chance?” asked Sungyeol.

“Yeah, he was at my office.”

“What? Really, can you bring him here?” as,ed Sungyeol.

“Probably not, he probably left my office,” asked Chorong.

“Oh, I see. So what was that note you kept hiding in your pocket?” asked Sungyeol as he glanced at Chorong.

‘Huh? How did you know?’ thought Chorong as she tried to think of some excuse.

“What note?” asked Chorong as she was trying to play dumb.

“Don’t lie to me Chorong. I saw that note. If you don’t want to talk about then let’s talk about something else,” said Sungyeol.

“Like what?”

“The Elites of LONS.”

 

Chorong looked at Sungyeol like he was crazy. He barely brought that topic unless he found another clue about people. He was very observant and can easily pick things up as an agent. It was the reason why he was 04. He was a good observant and a decent fighter.

 

“What about them?” asked Chorong.

“Hoya was once part of them. It’s the reason why he can usually stop EJ. EJ has a weak spot for him and I don’t know why. I was fighting with EJ and I saw it through her eyes,” said Sungyeol.

“How do you know?” asked Chorong.

“Sungyeol!” yelled Namjoo as she ran into the room.

 

Sungyeol looked at Chorong and mouthed that they were going to talk about this late because Namjoo showed up. Chorong nodded as she left the room. She couldn’t believe that Hoya would be a LONS. She glanced at the note that Woohyun gave to her as she read it over again.

‘Don’t trust. . .your friends.’

She was very curious about Woohyun as she decided that she will go tomorrow. She took out her phone and texted headquarters that she will decline the mission and let Hoya take over for her. When she was done texting, she placed it into her pocket and went home to her apartment.

****

Woohyun and Eunji winced in pain as they were kicked down by their head. Eunji crawled into her fetus position while Woohyun blocked her before the head kicked them yet again. Woohyun held onto his waist because their head kicked him into the gut while protecting Eunji. He gritted his teeth as he glanced at the figure looking down at them.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to kill Agent 01 and 04? We’re trying to eliminate the competition. Why can’t you get the mission done?” asked the head she tried to stop herself from yelling.

 

Woohyun kept silent as he waited for her to kick him or slap him. He didn’t want to see Eunji tortured any longer. He didn’t answer the head’s question as he received another slap across the face.

 

“Answer me when I ask you a question!” yelled the head as her voice shrieked high.

 

Eunji stayed where she was as she was terrified. She watched Woohyun as he sat up and wiped his face. He felt blood coming from his lip as he looked at the head.

 

“Because, killing someone is not in my book. I’m not heartless like your beloved L. Don’t deny it because it’s true. I’ve seen you show favoritism. You can’t kill me because I hold information about your dear L that you want,” muttered Woohyun as he gave a smirk.

 

The head glared at N as she was about to slap him again. She couldn’t kill him and abusing him would do any good because he will only talk back at her. She gritted her teeth and ordered him to leave her room as well as Eunji.

Eunji helped Woohyun up as they both left the head’s room. Woohyun winced in pain as he thanked her for helping him get out of there. Eunji thanked him too for saving her from getting hurt. He asked her if she knew what today was. She told him the date and realized that he needed to see Agent 01 at the library tomorrow. He turned toward Eunji and thanked her as he limped out of the building. EJ watched Agent N leave as she gave a sigh. She didn’t know what made him leave so quickly as she wished that she could leave this agency like how 05 did. 


School caught up. Orz. I'm sorry for not updating for like forever TT
Please forgive me. I can update again next week because I have a long weekend.
You might see an update after Wednesday ouob