Chapter 11: Betrayal

Scarlet Letters

“Get out of the way!” yelled Naeun.

“Are you kidding? No!” yelled Minhyuk as he blocked the door from Naeun.

 

Naeun gave up because he had a taser in his hand and could zap her if she insisted on hurting him. She took a chair with her and sat in the corner. Minhyuk looked at her and tilted his head. Naeun was staring off to space, not caring what was happening in reality. She closed her eyes and went to sleep. Visions appeared in her mind as she tried to see who the people where in these images.

 

She was tied up and lying at the corner. She watched a man walk back and forth in front of her. She realized that he didn’t know she was conscious as she tried free one of her hands out of the rope. As she struggled and tried to escape, the man turned around and saw that she was awake.

 

“Boss! She’s trying to escape!” yelled the one of the agents.

 

Naeun watched as the men huddled her and closed her eyes as she waited for the men to hit her. Suddenly, she heard men screaming at someone else.

 

“Forget the girl! After him!” yelled the same man.

 

She heard them struggle against the one that was trying to escape. After a few minutes, she heard a thud that tried to take on the boy who was escaping. Suddenly, she heard footsteps and tried to pretend that she as asleep.

 

“It’s okay. Everything is alright,” said a low voice.

 

Naeun looked up and saw a boy with a handsome face. He looked like he was only thirteen while she was only eleven. He untied her carefully and helped her up.

 

“Agent Shadow, I work for Woollim. You?” asked L.

“Why are telling me this when I just met you?” asked Naeun.

“Because your badge tells me you’re not the enemy. Who do you work for?” asked Shadow.

“Agent Yeoshin, I work for Woollim too.”

“Yeoshin? Woollim? Oh! You’re my partner. I was supposed to meet you after this mission. Seems like you were a bit busy,” teased Shadow.

“Shut up,” said Naeun as she kicked the guy.

 

The guy yelped in pain and glared at the girl.

 

“This is how you treat your new partner!?!” yelled Shadow.

“SHHHHHHHHHH!” hissed Naeun as she tackled him to the ground.

 

She pulled him to a dark corner of the room and watched another man see the commotion that shadow made. Shadow didn’t forgive Yeoshin for kicking him but watched the man intently. Naeun looked around the room and saw a vent. She smiled as she took out something from her belt. She threw it up and a rope dropped down. She started to climb up toward the vent. Naeun glanced at the man that was looking at the other agents and tried to push the vent slowly. When she opened the vent, she slipped into the vent. Shadow was amazed at Yeoshin’s cleverness and started to climb the rope quickly. He entered the vent and pulled the rope up. He closed the vent and looked at Yeoshin.

 

“I know how to get out of here,” whispered Shadow.

“Okay, I trust you,” whispered Naeun.

 

Naeun followed Shadow until they got out of the building. Outside the building were his parents. Naeun’s eyes widened as she immediately bowed down. Shadow walked toward his parents and realized that Naeun wasn’t following him. He turned toward her and was confused on why she was bowing.

 

“Mom, what’s wrong with her?” asked Shadow.

“Myungsoo, dear, she’s Son Naeun, my friend’s daughter. She’s a prodigy in the secret agent business just like you,” said his mother.

“What? Is that why you partnered her with me? Umma, don’t call me that while we’re in a mission,” he asked and complained to his mother.

“Sorry dear. You did a good job on rescuing her but I knew she had a trick her sleeve. See that bracelet; it was a cutter for the rope that her hands were tied to.”

“How did you know?”

“I saw it in the actual camera while I was hoaxing it for you.”

“Umma. . .”

“Now go back to base with Naeun, her parents will be waiting.”

 

Shadow, now known as Myungsoo, watched his parents enter the building and then turned to Naeun who stared at Myungsoo.

 

“So you’re Son Naeun huh?” whispered Myungsoo.

“Yes. And you’re Kim Myungsoo?” whispered Naeun.

“Don’t call me that. Call me Shadow. Also, we need to get along,” whispered Myungsoo.

“Fine. Call me Yeoshin then. No I don’t want to.”

“What the heck? I’m trying to be nice because I have to be nice to you.”

“Exactly,” said Naeun as she kicked him again.

 

Naeun woke up and saw Minhyuk was holding her shoulders. He hugged her all of the sudden and Nauen pushed him away. She ran out of the room and looked for L. She needed to talk to him because she somewhat remembered him. She ran toward the infirmary because she saw him go there with Sungyeol. When she got there, no one was there except Sungyeol.

 

“Where is he?” asked Naeun.

“He left to look for his sister. Why do you want to see him?” asked Sungyeol.

“I know him. I don’t know him at the same time but deep in my mind, I know him,” whispered Naeun.

“That’s preposterous Naeun, anyways, I found Chorong. He told me that N has her.”

“Give me the location,” said someone beating Naeun into talking.

 

Naeun and Sungyeol turned toward the voice and saw that it was Minhyuk.

 

“It’s my mission. I dragged you both into this and I also caused L to be scarred by Naeun.”

“Are you sure, Minhyuk? You don’t know that Double 0 has his spies watching over you. We can both accompany you.”

“No, help L find his sister. She shouldn’t be part of this mess. I will go and find 01.”

“Very well. . .” sighed Sungyeol as he gave the location to Minhyuk.

 

Minhyuk was about to leave the room but Sungyeol wanted to tell him something else.

 

“Wait Minhyuk,” said Sungyeol.

“What?” said Minhyuk as he turned to Sungyeol.

“N, I have a feeling he wanted to tell Chorong something and didn’t kidnap her. Don’t treat him as the enemy. Just bring Chorong back,” said Sungyeol.

“I give no promises,” said Minhyuk and he left.

 

Naeun also left the room but Sungyeol stopped her. He held onto her hand and waited for Naeun to jerk her hand away.

 

“What are you trying to do Sungyeol?” asked Naeun.

“I can’t let you go to him,” whispered Sungyeol.

“I have to help him find his sister. I was the one who dragged myself into this mess.”

“And I’m trying to avoid it.”

“I know him.”

“Yeah right.”

“He is Kim Myungsoo. An agent of Woollim. His Agent name is Shadow. Now please, let me go.”

“Naeun. . .how? You can’t. . .Can you?” asked Sungyeol as he let go her hand.

“I don’t know. I want to know why I know this information too,” whispered Naeun as she ran out of the base.

****

Chorong woke up and saw she was sleeping beside Woohyun on the couch. She widened her eyes and tried to get off but he held onto her waist tightly. She tried to head his head but she kept missing and kept hitting his chest. She finally realized she was close to him as she was about to knee him in the middle. Woohyun had a feeling it was going to happen so he pushed her off the couch.

 

“What the heck!?!” yelled Chorong.

“I know what you were going to do. Don’t think I saw your knee move,” said Woohyun.

“Tch, where am I, anyway?” asked Chorong.

“At my apartment, I was tired so I slept on the couch with you,” said Woohyun.

“Why am I here?” asked Chorong.

“They will be looking for you now,” said Woohyun.

“Who?”

“AOL agents,” said Woohyun.

“Then they should find me. Why do I have to be stuck here, then?”

“You don’t understand Chorong. If you were found. . .I can’t tell you. . .it’s classified.”

“Oh just like Naeun and L kissing each other on that other picture.”

“It’s hard to explain. You will start having another mental breakdown again.”

“Because you said that I know you when I don’t. . .”

 

Chorong’s words had stung Woohyun’s heart as he turned toward the couch. He was angry that L had gotten him and Chorong in this mess.

 

“This wouldn’t had happen if he listened to the warning and took Naeun away like his parents had told him to,” whispered Woohyun.

“What did you just say?” asked Chorong.

“Nothing, just go. If you want to be found then go. You don’t trust me anyways. I’m tired of helping you,” muttered Woohyun.

 

Woohyun was frustrated because Chorong didn’t remember him. He understands how L feels but Hoya and Sungyeol should be happy. The girls that they love still have their memories because Hoya and Sungyeol are good at lying. He couldn’t lie in front of Chorong that day because she didn’t understand what he was doing but Eunji and Namjoo understood what was going on. Those’s why they both still had their memories but were separated into two agency. Chorong watched Woohyun mutter other things but she couldn’t understand him very well. She decided to stay with him because she felt he was protecting her. Suddenly, Woohyun heard a doorbell.

Woohyun walked toward the door and opened it slightly. When he opened it slightly, he was shot with a paralyzer dart. He glared at the man as the man passed him. Chorong stood in horror as she looked at 110.

 

“What did you do!?! He was helping me!” yelled Chorong.

“I am saving him but I need you to come with me,” whispered 110.

“NO! Don’t listen to him!” yelled Woohyun.

 

Chorong looked at Woohyun and then at 110. She knew 110 wouldn’t shoot anyone, not even an enemy, unless his life depended on it. She looked at Woohyun who was screaming telling Chorong to run. She decided to go with 110.

 

‘His life is more important. I’m sorry Woohyun.’


Done with the second update ouob