Chapter 17: Flashbacks

Scarlet Letters

The van entered the site but the agent placed her hands on the driver’s wheel and glanced back at the driver, shaking her head. Nodding his head, he drove away from the mine site and went near the bushes and trees that matched their van. He turned to the crew and saw them already setting up or leaving for the mission. He took out his phone and glanced at the weird signals on the top left. He already knew the cause of it.

 

“Radio waves, huh? Seems like we can’t use satellite. We need to use radio waves. Communications through satellite is invalid,” he said and he turned to their trusted engineer of the mission

“R, I can count on you, right? Go and make us radio transmitters. We’ll use the radio waves to our advantage. Sin, K, and J, you’re on lookout duty. One in the trees like a squirrel, one near the camp, and another near the mine site. We need to see if the other agent group had arrived,” said the driver.

“Roger that,” said R, Sin, K, and J in unison.

“EJ, N, and I will be going into the mines once R gives up radio transmitters. I need R to be in the van and snoop in. She needs to find the right channel since they will be using the radio waves to their advantage as well. Suit up,” said L.

“Whatever,” said N.

“Roger that,” smiled EJ.

 

L watched the crew leave the fan and looked at EJ, sighing. She placed her hand on his lap and gave a reassuring smile even though she knew how this mission will be. L held onto EJ’s wrist and shook his head as he glanced at N. N was glaring at him and L knew that he only came because N wanted to find a way to leave HQ. EJ shook L’s hand away and looked at the two friends, seeing how shattered both must feel to lose their loved ones. She left the van, joining R and the rest to let them settle everything.

 

“N, don’t jeopardize this mission,” said L.

“I won’t, kiss up. We all know who will be punished if one messes up,” said N.

 

N got up from his seat and was about to leave the van but L grabbed his arm and glared at him. L pulled him close and held onto the collar part of his shirt.

 

“Kiss up? N, I swear I will bring them back but I can’t do that without your help. You’re my partner in crime, not EJ or R. So can we settle our differences and the anger later once this mission succeeds?” said L.

“Whatever you say but I can’t trust you anymore. After the amount of screw ups you’ve done during this failed mission, it goes to show that you’re not strong enough as you were,” said N.

 

He brought himself close to L and whispered in his ear.

 

“Shadow, just tell me when she contacts us. I know perfectly well who is in charge of this suicidal mission,” N whispered.

 

N grabbed L’s wrists and pulled L’s hands away from N’s shirt and left the van. L watched N leave as he gritted his teeth and smacked the wheel, cursing under his breathe. He was only trying to bring N’s trust in him but it didn’t work. Flashbacks of the dreaded day came back as he rested his head on the wheel.

 

Myungsoo carried Hayoung and gave his sister to Naeun for her to hold as he found a spot where both of them could hide, under the trap door of his garage. Myungsoo could hear people banging into doors, windows being crashed. He was stupid on not listening to his parents at that time. ‘Protect Naeun.’ was the last thing they said and he couldn’t even keep that promise. Hayoung started to cry when she was handed to Naeun.

 

“Hayoung, shh. I’ll be back, okay? You have to stay with Naeun,” he whispered as he kissed his sister’s forehead.

“Myung, you’re not thinking of fighting them alone right?” asked Naeun as she rubbed Hayoung’s back.

“Naeun, I have to. You can’t go looking for me. I’m not as important as you.”

“Myung, you’re crazy. No, I won’t let you. Why can’t we all hide here?”

“Naeun, no. You know who’s in charge of them. They will tear this place apart. You have to stay here with Hayoung. Don’t try to escape, they will be after you.”

 

Myungsoo kissed Naeun one last time before putting the stone back its original position and locking the garage so no one could think of entering there. He ran up into his room and surveyed the area. He cursed under his breath as he decided to climb the attic and escaping the roof. Suddenly, he heard someone following behind him when he tried to climb out of the window as he took out his weapon and swung it behind. Only to feel his weapon deflected with a rod.

 

“Yeoshin?” he whispered.

“Hello, Shadow,” she whispered as Myungsoo gritted his teeth.

“Naeun, I told you to stay put. Hayoung is all alone. How could you?” he sneered as he and her sat on the rooftop, looking at the surrounded surveillance of his house.

“I can’t leave my partner to have all the fun, right? Also, I told Hayoung that I would be back so I told her to sleep since they wouldn’t think of checking there.”

“You idiot, they will check there. You put her in danger!”

“Not, if I came with you. You said, they were looking for me so I’m the distraction,” she smiled.

“Naeun, I can’t. You can’t. I’m supposed to protect you,” said Myung as he watched Naeun wrapped her scarf around him.

“You can protect me by going with this plan. After all, I’m not going to play damsel in distress and watch you get beat up or succeed. Divide and Conquer right?” said Naeun.

 

Myungsoo knew what Naeun was doing as he didn’t even bother protesting. She was going to dress him up like her as Naeun gave Myungsoo a voice module that projected her voice. He listened to the men that entered his house as he watched his girlfriend do her finish touches on him. They were ready as Naeun left the rooftop and was able to climb down his house carefully and grabbing a few men and their attention. He watched his girlfriend run as he whistled for the others that were left around his house and played Naeun’s voice module. It gained the men’s attention as they chased after him. After meeting back with Naeun, he smiled and kissed her lips again.

 

“That was fun. Did you beat them up?” asked Naeun as she smiled.

“Yes, now let’s go,” said Myungsoo.

 

They held hands and watched the men chase after them. [read the rest of flashback at Chapter 5]

 

 He glared at the man but before he could say anything, he was out.

 


OMG. WATCH Infinite's The Eye. Watch Apink's Only one. I love both. I'm so ready to see pinkfinite moments. Anyways, I have another chapter going up after this because both MVs helped me write a long arse 2 parter chapter. Right. SOOOOOOOOOOOO why do they have different agent names? They were originally from woollim (in the story). It's kind of confusing. Sorry. Anyways here's the list.

Naeun - agent 07 - yeoshin

Myungsoo - agent L - shadow