Chapter 2: The Mystery Student

Scarlet Letters

Back at L’s HQ

“Myungsoo, do you think you’ll pass as a Cambridge Student?” asked Woohyun.

“I can if I’m in the Arts department. Photography is my forte. Also, I can be an actor too if I wanted but that will expose me,” said Myungsoo. As he packed the gadgets he needed.

“I’m stuck in Korea while you can have fun at Cambridge with all of those girls! That’s not-”

 

Myungsoo hit Woohyun with a photobook to shut him up. He hated the fact that Woohyun thought he would hang out with girls. It was pointless to him. He only cared about completing the mission. It was a hard mission. He was stealing a letter in a high secured place and the letter is in a highly secured encased glass box. He had no time to play with girls. As he was thinking about how to get the letter, something came toward his direction. He dodged it and looked at the direction it came from. L shook his head and saw it was Woohyun’s doing.

 

“Better luck next time,” L gave a smirk as he zipped his bag and placed it on his shoulder.

“One day Myungsoo, I’ll catch you off guard,” Woohyun swore as he picked up the photobook.

“I’ll probably be old when that time comes, “teased L.

“Whatever. Anyways, be careful with your mission. Don’t get caught.”

“Yes, hyung. I promise not to get caught. Don’t worry, I’ll succeed. I have a replica of the letter so they won’t notice.”

 

L waved goodbye to Woohyun as he left the room. Woohyun gave a sigh because he had a feeling this mission won’t be successful. Woohyun watched his friend leave as he walked out. There stood the head as she smiled at Woohyun. Woohyun’s smile turned into a blank face.

 

“What do you want?” asked Woohyun.

“Check your phone and don’t disappoint me,” stated the head as she walked off.

 

Woohyun watched the head leave as he took out his phone. His eyes widened when he realized his mission was. He closed eyes as his hands trembled when placing his phone into his pocket.

 

‘Why?’ he whispered as he left for his mission.

****

L arrived at Cambridge University. He wore plaid shirt with blue jeans. On his plaid shirt had a nametag with the name William Park and he carried his camera around his neck. He looked at the girls and saw some of them staring at him. He ignored them and walked around the campus until he got to one of Cambridge’s history museum. There a girl with blonde hair approached him.

 

“William Park! I’ve been looking for you. Where were you, Mr. William? Anyways, just join the crowd. You didn’t miss anything. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Celine your tour guide for all the new students,” stated the girl.

 

Celine directed L toward the crowd before going to the front. He didn’t care about them until Celine said partners.

 

“Since we need to get to know each other, go and find a partner. You and your partner are to use your artistic ability on one of the artifacts that your partner chooses. All of you can’t have to same artifact. To make it fair, I asked the girls to pick. So guys, choose a female classmate.”

 

L waited and watched guys fight over girls but he noticed one girl that was just standing there, looking at her sketchbook. He approached the girl and the girl looked up at L. He glanced at her features and realized she wore thick black glasses and wore jeans. Her boots were black and it matched with the pattern of her black shirt.

 

‘Why do I have to be here? If only there were only a few people here, I could have just used the sleeping gas but I need to be patient. I need to know how security works in this place,’ thought L as he waited for the female to speak.

 

When he noticed that she wasn't speaking and just looking around, he gave a piercing glare at her.

 

“Name?” he muttered.

 

The girl poked her namtage as L examined it. He saw her name was Shreya and nodded.

 

‘Why isn’t she talking?’ thought L as he looked at Shreya, who was now playing with her fingers.

 

“What’s the artifact that we need to work on?” asked L.

 

Shreya flipped through her sketchbook and stopped at the page of the artifact. L examined the artifact and realized that it was the letter he needed.

 

“How did you draw it already?” asked L.

 

Shreya pointed to the poster and L looked toward the direction she pointed. There he saw the letter was on the welcome poster. He didn’t understand why this girl wasn’t speaking as Celine walked toward L and Shreya.

 

“Is everything alright here?” asked Celine.

“We’re fine. We’re almost done with our project,” said L before Shreya could open to attempt to speak.

“Alright, if you need anything, ask me,” smiled Celine as she walked off.

 

Shreya looked at L who was now walking toward the exhibit that has the letter. Shreya ran to catch up to L as she trailed behind him. When they got to the actual letter, Shreya took out her sketchpad and started to draw the letter while L was taking pictures of it. L’s camera was also scanning the letter every time he took a picture. When he was done taking a picture, he gave the picture to Shreya who finished drawing the letter. She taped the picture onto her drawing and gave it to L to give it back to Celine.

 

“You want me to give it to Celine?” asked L.

 

Shreya nodded and pushed L away. L gave a sigh as he started to walk. He glanced back at Shreya and she waved at him before going to Celine.

****

L arrived at entrance and gave the picture to Celine. Celine inspected the picture and her face was confused of the picture.

 

“I didn’t assign this artifact? Who is Shreya?” asked Celine as she looked at William.

“She worked with me. She was the girl that I was partnered with. What do you mean, you don’t know a Shreya?” asked L.

 

Celine the tour guide was confused with L as L walked with her toward the place that Shreya was. When he got there, there was no sign of a girl with black thick glasses and a sketchpad.

 

“Will, I think you’re going delusional but I’ll accept this work since it looks exactly like Mary’s letters for King Phillip,” said Celine as she walked off.

 

L was confused with the disappearance of the mystery girl. He tried to remember everything about her as he closed his eyes:

black shirt with blue jeans. . .

hair was tied into a pony tail. . .

wore thick glasses. . .

her watch was silver with the initials AOL. . .

 

He opened his eyes and realized something about the watch.

 

‘She’s here.’

 


OKAY! I LIED!
I should have updated in October but yeah.
Oh well.
So I finally found the names for their organizations!
For L's organization:
LONS- Loners of the Night Sky for the spy agency 
but in socity it's a music company ouob
For Naeun's organization:
AOL-Agents of Lore for the spy agency
but in society it's a website company similar to yahoo. 
[AOL is a real website in America. The real acronym is American On Line but this purposes it will be Agents of Lore lol]