Chapter 4: Secrets

Scarlet Letters

Agent 01 walked around one of Spain’s famous museums where another letter was encased in a box just like the one Naeun had to retrieve. Her mission was to protect the letter because 07 told her not to take letter. With 07’s words, 01 noted that she just needed to write down the numbers and the dates that were listed on the top of the letter. IT was already dark and the only place was silent. Only a pin drop could be heard as she walked. She walked toward the letter and placed a mask over her face. If she breaths closely, there might be evidence that would be left around the encased box. She took out a pad and started to write numbers. Placing her pad inside her coat, she smiled under her mask. This seemed an easy mission until someone caught her off guard. He s an arm around her waist and placed his arm around her so she was trapped with his grasp.

Chorong widened her eyes as she tried to kick him but the more she struggled the more he tightened his arms around her. She was about to lose her sense of sight until the guy that held her let go and pushed her to the floor. She tried to remember where she was and suddenly someone gentle touched her hand. She punched him in the stomach and realized that it was Sungyeol.

 

“We’re on the same team,” he said with a rapsy voice because her punch was hard as he held his waist.

“04!?! But who was trying to suffocate me?” asked 01.

“He’s running away with the information you copied. Get him.”

“What about-”

“FINISH THE MISSION, 01! STOP WORRYING ABOUT ME!”

 

01 was startled by her colleague as she ran toward where the dark figure was. She finally caught him when she took out a gadget that helped trip him. The dark figure tripped and fell toward the door. 01 took out her tazer and placed it onto his chest as she took off his mask. She couldn’t believe her eyes that it was N.

 

“Hello, 01. It seems I was caught, huh?” chuckled N as he struggled.

“Why? Are you part of this stupid mission too? Give me back the pad,” whispered 01 because she wanted to negotiate with him.

“No. I want to know what you’re writing and it might be important.”

“Please?” Chorong placed her cute act that she always uses to her advantage.

 

Chorong was the last of the elites, with Naeun being ranked one and named 07 to her being ranked last and named 01. 00 was their boss and he barely showed himself except to Naeun. Chorong’s unique skill is her way of charming boys with her innocent act. Woohyun looked at Chorong and tried to fight it as he closed his eyes. The girl that he loved to tease was charming when she acts cute. He tried to escape but Chorong zapped him with the Taser. Woohyun gritted his teeth as he glared at Chorong who already took the pad back.

 

“I gave you a chance but since you didn’t listen, I used force,” said Chorong as she looked at the numb Agent.

“Don’t go back there. You’ll get killed,” whispered N.

“Why is that?” asked Chorong as she disregarded him and walked back anyway.

“01, you will regret this,” whispered N.

 

Chorong didn’t stop as she ran toward Sungyeol. She stopped when a warning from her phone said another agent was close by. She in the shadows of the columns and used her night glasses to see who was fighting with who. She saw that Sungyeol was fighting with EJ, another agent that was part of the LONS. She watched Sungyeol struggle with EJ.  She glanced at her phone and saw a text from Namjoo that she needed to fall back to HQ. Suddenly she just remembered something, N warned her not to get back there. It was probably because one of his co-workers was waiting to kill her.

 

‘Did N just warn me because he didn’t want me to get killed?’ thought Chorong.

 

She shook her head as she placed she texted Sungyeol a certain tone as she ran toward the place where N was. When she got there, N was nowhere to be seen. There she saw a note on the ground.

 

01, don’t trust anyone. That’s the only way to survive.

Not even your friends.

-Nam Woohyun

 

She placed the note into her pocket and left the museum without helping Sungyeol fight EJ.

****

Sungyeol held onto his stomach as he cursed underneath his breath. The reason he was late on helping Chorong was because someone tried to kill me at the streets. As he rested, he heard a squeak. He knew that the squeak was from a sneaker as he heard something approaching him. He ducked and saw an arrow hit one of the columns.

 

‘Shet! She’s here too! Will she just give me a break, at least!?!’ thought Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol took out his weapon and stood up. He saw another one of those LONS and this time it was a female. It was another version of 07 but the difference is that this agent couldn’t match 07’s quick in thinking like L. Sungyeol shook his head as he gave one his threatening smiles at the female.

 

“EJ, we all know you’ve been trying to kill me ever since 07 beat you but could you let me rest for like five minutes. We already fought outside,” chuckled 04 as he twirled the gadget that he held in hand and watched EJ.

“I have to kill you. You’re interfering with my mission,” said EJ as she held an automatic arrow shooter.

“Well, you’re interfering with my mission too but I’m not trying to kill you.”

 

EJ advanced forward as Sungyeol as Sungyeol moved to side as he dodged her stabbing move. EJ did a roundhouse kick but missed as Sungyeol held onto her leg. EJ fell on purpose as she used a gadget to tie his hands together. Sungyeol realized it ahead of time and he let go of her leg and backed away.

 

“Sheesh, can’t we just have a chat for once? Why are you always willing on killing me or 01? What about 05? Why do you not kill him, huh?” joked 04 as he backed away from her constant attacks.

“Shut up! 05 is my nemesis. I don’t want to hear about him! I’m only focused on you.”

“Gee, I’m flattered but I already love someone else.”

 

EJ glared at Sungyeol as she tried to stab him with determination. Sungyeol heard a sound from his phone and knew what it meant. He took out a compacted ball and threw it to hide himself as he left. EJ tried to fan the smoke away and saw that 04 was no longer there. She placed her dagger back in its sheathe and turned around.

 

“Did you kill her, N?” asked EJ.

“No, did you kill 04?”

“No. That stupid guy left after he heard some tone.”

“Well, we should get ready for our punishment then,” sighed N.

“No! I don’t want to get punished. The last thing she did was place me in an encased cell for two weeks!” said EJ as she fell down to her knees and started to cower.

“Eunji, act strong. We all have to face her punishment anyways,” said N as he soothed her.

“I don’t understand her. Why doesn’t L get punished that much like us? We’re in the same elite seven like those numbered agents. Why couldn’t I join them? They seemed friendly with each other while all of us here in this agency betray each other in order not to get punished,” muttered Eunji.

“I don’t know but if L doesn’t find out, I’m going to knock some sense into him. Now let’s go, we have to go back because she will eventually hunt us down.”

“Once we’re in her radar, we no longer could escape her,” whispered Eunji as they left the museum together.

****

L walked into the LONS HQ and watched people stare at him. He ignored them and walked toward the elevator to go to the head’s office. L walked into the head’s office and waited for the head to talk to him. The room was dark once again. He knew that the head’s room was lustful red because when of the memory when he was first taken as her first agent.

 

“Did you get the letter?” asked the head as she turned her chair around.

“No.”

“What? Did I hear no?”

“Yes, you heard correctly. I didn’t retrieve the letter. 07 took the letter from me,” said L as he waited for her to answer.

“How could you, L? You’re my prized agent.”

“I failed my mission, what is my punishment?” asked L.

 

The head walked down from her desk and walked toward L. She placed her hands around his neck and kneed him in the middle. L fell down and gritted his teeth as he looked at her. She knelt down beside him and held his chin with her hand. She then kissed him. L didn’t dare kiss her back. She then pulled back and looked at L.

 

“L, you can’t escape me no matter what you do. Also, you punishments are not punishments because you’re different. If you want to save them, I suggest you to listen to me,” said the head as she helped him up.

“You’re dismissed from any missions for now,” said the head as she walked back toward her desk.

                                                                                                                              

L walked out of the office and out of the building after placing the agency gadgets back in the gadget room. He walked toward a taxi and asked him to take to a certain address. He closed his eyes and remembered the scene when 07 left.

 

L watched 07 disappear in the darkness as he walked back toward the encased letter.

“Stupid girl,” he chuckled.

“You don’t remember anymore, don’t you?” he said to himself.

 He took out the real letter and placed it back into the encased box. He then walked off with the replica and wanted to face his punishment.

 

The taxi stopped in front of an apartment and L paid the man. He walked inside the apartment and saw a girl, around the age 10, run out of a room.

 

“Myungsoo oppa!” smiled the girl as she hugged him.

“Hayoung, how are you?” smiled Myungsoo as he hugged the girl.

“I’m good. Where is Naeun unnie?” asked the girl as she looked around.

“She’s busy,” said Myungsoo as he kept his smile and patted the little girl’s head.

“But I miss her!” whined Hayoung.

“I know. I miss her too," sighed Myungsoo.

 

He watched his little sister ran off into her room once again, leaving him by the front door. He then took out a picture of him and Naeun with his little sister as tears fell down his face and onto the picture.

 

I will restore you.


OKAY! I made two updates again ouob.
Now I'm off to study.
Also, like I stated in my Fate Promise I will be updating not that often.
Okay enjoy!