Prologue: Agent 07

Scarlet Letters

In a cold autumn evening, a woman, around the age of twenty, was inside a mansion. The woman crept in the halls until she got to close to a lit room. It was the only lit room while the whole mansion was dark or illuminate by the moon. In the room held the Ambassador’s son of Japan and the ones who captured him. She backed away to the end of the hall and listened to the kidnappers’ conversation with her high tech watch.

 

“Where is the Ambassador of Japan?” growled one of the kidnappers.

“I don’t know, Boss. Minki was the one who was supposed to be in charge of that. I’m supposed to watch this kid,” said another.

“If he doesn’t come, I’m killing the kid,” said the annoyed kidnapper that asked where the Ambassador was.

 

The woman’s eyes widened when she heard they were going to kill the Ambassador’s son.

 

‘Kill? Not in my watch you don’t! I need him alive to complete my mission,’ she thought.

 

She looked around the area and thought the way was divide and conquer. In other words, she needed to know how many of the kidnappers were guarding the son. She already defeated the others that guarded the mansion. She needed to do it again. She walked down the stairs and decided to place a trip wire that would trigger a can of sleeping gas in case the thugs tried to escape her grasps. She then carefully walked up the stairs and waited for the other thugs to come out and ‘play’ with her.

****

The boss looked at the terrified prince like son and then turned to his crew. He was tired of waiting for the Ambassador and his stupid money.

 

“You two! Go and check on Minki if he arrived yet!” yelled the annoyed man.

 

Two of the kidnappers left the room and the woman began what she planned before. She threw a rock in order to hit a vase. The rock hit the vase and the woman backed to a door as the vase crashed onto the floor. The two of the kidnappers went toward the commotion in a single file order.  The woman seized the last man and chocked him with a scarf, silently suffocating him until he passed out. She then tied him with the scarf and went to the second man.

The first man found the commotion and saw it was just a broken vase but he couldn’t understand how a rock got there. The woman took out a small tranquilizer gun that her HQ devised for her only usage. She made long swift silent strides until she close enough to catch him when she shoots him. She shot him with two darts and the man instantly fell. She caught him in time before he made any noise. She dragged the man and handcuffed him together with the tied up man. She then dragged them into a room and closed the door carefully and waited for any other kidnappers that would come out of the room.

****

Ten minutes later the boss got more irritated that he didn’t sent any other men and went out of the room instead. The woman appeared behind him and zapped him with an electrical tazer. Thus, she handcuffed him and took out her gun. She walked into the room while dragging the boss into the room with placing a gun at his forehead. The Ambassador’s son was already scared and considered the woman another foe. The kidnappers didn’t know what to do as they watched their boss in the hands of the woman.

 

“If you want your boss alive, I suggest leaving this room,” threatened the woman as she placed her finger at the trigger.

 

The men were terrified of the woman and ran out of the room and down the stairs but that only led them to a trap she set up earlier. As they went down the stairs, they all tripped and triggered the sleeping gas which knocked all of them out in an instant.

The woman dropped the boss onto the floor and placed her gun at her belt. She then helped the Ambassador’s son by untying him. When he finally could move freely, the Ambassador’s son took off the duct tape from his mouth and spoke.

 

“Thank you so much. How could I repay you for your bravery?” asked the Ambassador’s son.

“Not here....Also, it’s fine. You don’t have to give me anything,” the woman spoke softly as she gave him a warm smile.

“Alright, then what is your name? I want to remember the one who saved me.”

“My name is not nodded just your safety.”

“Tell me, kind lady.”

“...Call me Agent 07,” the woman hesitated before speaking.

“Agent 07?”

 

The woman nodded as she gave the son a mask and placed hers on. She then dragged the boss out of the mansion, only to meet police. She gave the boss to the head detective and left the scene, without being noticed. The Ambassador’s son told the police that the one who rescued her was a woman named Agent 07.

****

 The woman arrived back at HQ around 12pm and gave a sigh as she accomplished another mission. She stepped into the building and was greeted by her co-workers.

 

“Agent 07, how was your mission?” said one.

“Agent 07! Welcome back!” said another.

“You always do a great job, Agent 07,” said one person.

 

The woman nodded and gave a plaster smile as she walked into her office. At her office, she pulled a book from her book shelf and it revealed another quarters as she walked into the room.

 

“Naeun! Welcome back!” yelled a bubbly woman with short curly hair.

 

The bubbly woman revealed that Agent 07 was none other than Son Naeun.

 

"Namjoo! There is so much I need to tell you," smiled Naeun.

"I have so much to tell you while you were gone!"

"What is it?"

 

Namjoo's smile fell as she whispered.

 

"It's about your arch enemy, Agent L."

 


This was just an introduction of Naeun and her skills as an agent.
I'm sorry for making it boring but we all have to start somewhere right?
Don't worry the story will pick up after the second Proluge.
I promise you.