The broken parts of my heart

Caught in between

 

  I woke up the next morning earlier than usual and I prepared myself in fast speed so that I can help Xiumin with the newspapers job in order to thank him for yesterday. My parents were very surprised to see me up so early given the fact that I'm not a morning person . But today was different ...I felt so happy and cheerful...feelings that were forgotten until today . I even cared about the  way I looked. I chosed a comfortable outfit. I didn't want to create the idea that I was trying to hard to look good but, at the same time, I wanted to look somehow cute. 

Yesterday night I realized how stupid I was sending that message to Chen.

"Stupid stupid girl!!! Today is saturday Chanyeol can't go to school with you because is freaking SATURDAY!!! "

 After some boring interrogatory from my parents I finally managed to head to the bus station .

"Ugh I have the most annoying parents!!! I'm 18 I don't have to answer their unnecessary questions!!"I mumbled as I literally started to run so that I won't be late. 

 Even if  it is hard to believe it, I'm quite a smart girl so I started to walk slower when I saw Xiumin . My experience with boys is limited but I know how to act like  is is not a big deal to be around them . Because he was to busy, the newspaper boy didn't notice me so I decided to surprise him. I sneaked behind his back and whispered in his ear:

"Do you need some help Xiumin-sshi?!"

He quickly turned  around facing me and I could see that he was startled, but after a couple of seconds he gave me that one billion dollars cash smile that made me have a  mini heart attack.

. "Oh Areum-ah, I thought you forgot about helping me. I'm very happy that you really came! " 

 "I couldn't forget about this! Xiumin-shhi I help you because I support you and your cause and alsp because you were awesome yesterday when you took my part. I am truly grateful.You know, I didn't get to thank you properly..." 

 "Stop !  Firstly, don't call me Xiumin-sshi: call me oppa instead. Secondly, we are friends, right ?  That's what friends do : they help each other in difficult moments .So chingu, help my poor self with selling all these newspapers quickly, so that we can have the rest of the day only for us. OK?" 

I was shocked for many reasons. Let me put them down so you will know them too:

First, he wanted me to call him oppa.

Second, he considered me his friend.

Third, hee wanted to spend the entire day just with me.

Suddenly, I felt warm on the inside. Him, giving me his attention and his friendship was one of the most precious gifts in the world. For the first time in the last two years I felt special. I was taking my time answering to his question so, looking quite sad, he added:

"Are you ok with that ? If you are busy you can tell me." 

"NONONONO! I'm free today oppa and I'm more than happy to spend my time with you" I said happily   

 I'm sure I saw him blush a bit when he herd my answer. Actually, the truth is that I was tomato- red too.

I broke the awkward silence because we couldn't stand there like too idiots. It was pretty unconfortable and, beside this, we were here to sell the newspapers. 

"What should I do to help you oppa? Give me half of the newspapers and I'll meet you after I sell them .I know a business building not far from here. I'm sure I'm going to sell them in a flash." 

"Ok, I trust you chingu."

I was intending to go to that place but he kept me there.

  "...but I don't trust this world full of erts.  I need your number so I can check if you are ok and help you if you are in danger."  he said in a serious tone.

"I'm not a baby! I know how to fight and defend myself, you know?"  I said but his face showed that he's not impressed at all.

"Ugh, ok. We will do it the way you want. Here, register your number Prince Charming so that the Wolf won't be able to eat me, the powerless princess." I said in a sarcastic tone, but Xiumin really took my words seriously and he registered himself Prince Charming and also he registered my number as Little princess .

"I'm not little! Ugh boys these days."

"Ok, now you're safe! Here, take these." he handed me half of the newspapers.

"I'm going now ! Don't call me unless I don't come back in two hours ! If you are going to call me sooner, I won't answer~ Bye Bye ~"

 If he is going to be overprotective I swear I will kill him with my bare hands. 

 I managed to sell the newspapers quickly- because I am that awesome.  I was walking back to the bus station when I saw a very familiar figure. Even after two years without him, my soul was the one who sensed his presence at first, not my eyes. His figure still looked so angelic, so out of this world. Even if I wasn't right in front of him, my eyes could picture his pale face, his gentle and curious gaze, his pink lips, curled into a small smile . Those pink lips and ... I remember how hot they felt when he was wishpering words of love and promises about eternity into my ears...but I also remember how cold they felt when he said that our time is over, when he looked into my eyes and told me I wasn't the one he thinks about when the night seems darker and scarier than ever.

He was my first love and also, the first one to break my heart into pieces, to turn me into a mess. I used to cry for months and , at some point, I even considered suicide as an option to ease the pain. Seeing him walking happily with the one I used to call my best friend, my sister was one of the things that made me a puppet driven only by her pain.  

" You hear this Byun Baekhyun? This is the sound of my heart breaking ...again....because of you." I whispered and I started crying right there in the middle of the street.
I felt so empty, so broken, so alone, so unimportant....all I wanted was to be in someone's arms crying until I became numb so I started to run towards the bus station .

When I arrvied Xiumin already sold his newspapers and he was waiting for me . When I saw him I started to cry harder and I run into his arms without even thinking .

"YAH! Areum-ah what happened to you? Shhhhh, it's ok ! I'm here baby girl.  Now calm down and tell me what happened. " his voice and his arms made me feel less empty in seconds . Being for me when I needed him, despite the fact that he didn't know me so well...he was ,indeed, my Prince Charming. 

"I saw him together with her while I was heading to you ." I said trough sobs.

 "You saw who? Calm down and tell Xiuminie everything. Ok?! "he did aegyo while trying to wipe my tears and my cold heart started to get warm.

"I saw Baekhyun and Sora happily walking hand in hand and I don't know while I still care about them...but I do and kills me ."

Stupid me he doesn't even know them.

"He's my ex and she's my ex-besfriend ...he cheated on me with her.  After the break up  I turned into a cold mess, uneasy, uncabable to smile a genuine smile, afraid that everybody is going to betray me at some point...that I will be the one who will be left behind " 

 "Oh I understand ...actually I don't but you must suffered a lot. Poor baby, suffering all alone. Those bastards deserve to die for making my Areum cry. But Xiuminie is here to help the Princess, so let's go and have fun. I will make Little Princess smile because she looks so beautiful when she smiles  ".

Now, if i think about it Xiumin is a great guy, but the things that make him so amazing aren't his godly looks or his dance skills. The things that define him and make him great are his pure heart and funny personality. 

"Thank you Oppa! You are the best at making people feel better. You are truly an awesome friend. "I said as I was hugging him tight.

 

The rest of the day was indeed perfect. I managed to forget about Baekhyun and Sora and I had a great time with Xiumin . First we went to a sweet bakery where we ate lots of cupcakes and drank lots of coffee .Afterwards, we headed to a park where we lend a couple bike and feed the pigeons together with some children ...then some bubble-tea and, in the end, we went to Han river because Xiumin said that Han river is the most beautiful place in Seoul at sunset.

He even offered to walk me home and I accepted partly because he wouldn't take a No as an answer and partly because I needed to feel him next to me. 

"Thank you for helping me with those newspapers. You aren't that weak after all " he joked 

"Aish this boy !!! Thank you for today you really helped me.  Thank you again! And with those papers, it was a pleasure to help you oppa. You should go by now, it's getting late ..."

"Yeah, I should" he said a little sad.

"Well I guess I'll see you on Monday then? "

"I guess so. Bye Xiumin oppa~"

"Bye Areum-ah~"

As I entered in my room I felt so unusual, so light... like I was flying.

"Now I understand why Hamin made a fanclub for him ...Ugh Hamin really likes Xiumin, I should tell him about her." 

With that my first date with Xiumin ended ... Those days where something You know what they say : Teenage years are the best ...Now I have to agree with them 

 


Hope you liked the story so far~ In the future there is going to be more awesomeness Please expect!^^ We love you !!!! <3