Your words are sharper than a blade

Caught in between

As I entered my home I heard voices in the kitchen.

" Mom I am home!!" I said walking towards my bedroom.

" Come in the kitchen sweetie, your friend is waiting for you!"

My friend? Ohhh? Who? Chanyeol was with me before going home, Hamin and Xiumin were rehearsing with the dance team and Chen was probably doing math problems.

As I entered in the kitchen I was surprised.

" Xiumin sshi, weren't you at dance practice?' I said when I saw him sitting on a chair and talking with my mother.

"Well we finished earlier today ...and I was in the neighborhood so I thought it was a good idea to see if you want to go out for a little ...that if you aren't tired or of course if you want too. " He said showing a shy smile.

" No she is not tired, you cute kid. Now go! And don't forget to bring her home before it gets dark!" mom said ruffling Xiumin's hair.
"I promise ommonim! I promise I'll take good care of your daughter! " He said while bowing 90 degrees.
"Now go and have fun !" my mum said as she pushed us out of the house.

" Were are we going Xiumin oppa?"

" Well...how about cookie and hot chocolate date?"

" WHAT?" I said coughing hearing the word date.

" Uhuhuuu...I meant cookie and hot chocolate ...gathering between....a gentleman and a lady." Xiumin said scratching his neck awkwardly.

"Ok then let's go to a cookie and a hot chocolate gathering between a gentleman and a lady " I said as I took his hand in mine.
" Yah, don't do things like this!" he said blushing.
" Why?" I asked a little upset.
I mean... he always does stuff like this, so why am I not allowed?
" Because...uhh nothing." he replied shaking his head.
" Come on, tell me!'
" It's just...well it makes my hear beat weirdly."

"Why ? Is not like friends aren't allowed to hold hands. We are good friends and holding hands is a natural thing to do ~"

Well I must say I was extremely stupid back then.

" Well...don't ask me why! It's just...I don't know! You are a girl! You are supposed to be smarter!"
"So you are saying I'm not smart ???? Baozi you are making me sad " I said pouting like a 5 years old.
" Well, chocolate will sure cheer you up. Let's enter!"
"Yeah sure...calling me stupid then buying me chocolate."
" Come one, don't act like this!" He said hugging my waist.
That moment my mind went blank. I can't have two people messing around with my emotions. It is too much for me to handle.
" Areum, really, we should enter. People are looking weirdly at us. Look, that boy looks like he could kill us with his gaze."
I looked in that direction and...my whole world collapsed.
It was Baekhyun .
Gosh I can't go anywhere without meeting him? Always there to make me sad ...to bring back the painful old memories.
Why?
" Areummie , hey! Didn't know I will find you here. Oh, hey I am Baekhyun, nice to meet you ..mmm..."
 
"Xiumin he's Xiumin, a friend of mine ...now if you don't have anything left to say we shall leave. " I said trying to sound as cold as possible.
" Damn , Areum why do you ... please stay a little more. Areum.... I missed you so much, so please just talk to me. I know, I know you missed me as much as I missed you, baby."
"Stop acting like that ,you're not a good actor ... for your information I haven't missed you at all...And don't call me baby because I'm not yours. "
" Areum, I WAS STUPID! I missed you...no, that's not right... i am still missing you. Our past... it was foolish of me to think that I can put it behind."
"Mhm right ...and you think I believe you. You hurt me and acted like I didn't existed for like 2 years and now you feed me lies like these ?! "
" Baekhyun, she is suffering. Please let her alone ! Don't bring her anymore pain !" I heard Xiumin saying.
"Oppa let' s go! " I said trying to hold my tears.
" NO! IT'S NOT LIKE THIS! HE CAN'T STEP ONTO YOUR HEART LIKE THIS!" Xiumin yelled, and in the next second he punched Baekhyun hard.
I was shocked like I have never expected Xiumin to act like that .I thought he could hold his temper.
"Oppa what did you just done ? !"
" I punched that god damned bastard! Areum don't hold my hand because he deserves more than just a soft punch."
"No stop !! Fight won't change a thing. Show him that you are smarter and just leave. Ok?"
 
" I don't want to be smarter. I want to see him in pain! I want him to suffer as much as you suffered because of him!" He said and I saw dozens of tears streaming down his cheeks.
"And will that change anything ? Will he realize he was wrong ? No ...there is no need to waste your energy on a person like him ...And Oppa don't cry: it makes my heart hurt. Please! "
" I am sorry...that I can't be more for you Areum." He said hugging me and crying harder.
"You don't have to be sorry ...I should be the one to apologize for making you cry. "
" No, you don't. Come one, little bunny. Let's buy cookies!"
"Sounds like the best idea. Cookies always make you feel better "
We ate and started talking. Almost in an instant our mood became good again.
It felt so good to talk with Xiumin ...I felt protected and happy around him. He could always bring a smile on my face.
" Xiuminnie, you are the best!" I said kissing his cheek.
I saw him blushing in an instant and trying too look in other direction ...he is so cute and innocent.
" That's what are friends for...I think" he said smiling.
"Right ...The only problem is that you always help me ...but I have never helped you for real ."
 
" Yes you have. You are here. Everyday." He said pinching my cheeks.
I couldn't help but smile at his sweet words ...he is indeed a special guy...
 
 

 

Hi guys ~ We just wanted to tell you we are happy that you are active and also that you like the fic ^^

This chapter is like an introduction to a big event that's gonna happen next ...please expect >< 

LOVE YOU !!!!