Misunderstanding

Caught in between

 

I tried to be as quiet as possible ...BUT I forgot to mention that I'm the most clumsy person on earth AND, somehow I managed to kick the door with my own feet and the noise made the boys to notice me. 

"Aerum? what are you doing here? " Chen asked stuttering a little.

"Well, I just came here because I heard some noises while I was cleaning the gym and I....kind of hoped I wasn't going mad so I just came here to see if anyone was playing the guitar".

Chanyeol laughed and said in his y voice: 

"You are so funny. I don't know why but you remind me of a joker" 

Oh, this is simply amazing: Xiumin calls you tornado girl and Chanyeol believes that you are a plain stupid. Such a nice way to go, Aerum girl, I thought while I was trying to get up.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you guys! I shall go now" .I said as I walked away 

" Oh wait!" I heard a  husky voice calling me . I couldn't believe my ears!!! Chanyeol, the hotness in person, the star of the basketball team, was telling me to wait ~ I turned and saw him walking to me.

 "We already finished and is getting late... Where do you live? I can walk you home if you are OK with that."

I blushed like a tomato and started to bite my lower lip.

" Oh...yeah. This will be great." He smiled that glorious smile of him and then...realization hit me like a train : I didn't clean the gym.

" Oh, Park Chanyeol sshi I am sorry but I can't go. Mr Wu told me to clean the gym so, I have to do it in order to go home. Thank you for your kind offer. Chanyeol sshi, Chen oppa, go home soon. You are probably very hungry right now. Have a safe trip!"  I said going towards the locker door while cursing Mr. Wu and his stupid cleaning the gym job with all my might.

While I was cleaning the gym, the scene from the locker room was replaying in my mind like a broken record. No, I am not talking about the one when I made myself look like a fool in front our schools' beloved kinga. I am talking about the one when I discovered the two of them together. They seemed to have a lot of fun with each other. Chanyeol playing his acoustic guitar while Chen was looking at him, smiling, completely mesmerized by the other's presence. It's like the two of them were in their own little world. They looked like one of those sweet and cheesy couples that can usually be seen in romantic movies. Now , if I came to think about this, Chanyeol was tall and looked like a tough guy, despite his cute face. Chen, on the other way, was short and he looked fragile. In terms of looks, and maybe personality, if what I have seen in the locker room was the kinga's real personality, they were perfect for each other. Oh, and if I came to think about this, Chanyeol never dated anyone during this years spent in high school. "THAT'S IT !" I said screaming in my head while smiling. " This ship is sailing soooo hard. You guys are so cute. You have my royal blessing. Oh, I know who will be my new Eunhae." 

After what seemed like an eternity I finally managed to clean the gym and headed to my home but ,by the school gate ,I saw Chen oppa that seemed to wait for me cause NOBODY was in school that time. 

"Oppa, who are you waiting for ?" I asked.

"Well ...I've been waiting for you Areum.You know, it's almost dark outside and is not good for a girl to walk home by herself and, beside that, I live near your house you know..."

I remembered...He was living two houses away my house

"Okay then ~ I appreciate your concern Let's go"

"Well the one that asked me to walk you by was Chanyeol He told me to wait for you cause he had to go home early"

" You are such a dork, oppa. You know, we are friends so it's alright to tell me if you are concerned about me. It's nothing you should be embarrassed about. Actually, I am very thankful for your concern" I said and gave him a big hug. " You know, you didn't have to bring Chanyeol sshi in this. I mean, I probably freaked him out." I added laughing a little despite the fact that it saddened me that I looked like a fool in front of the said guy.

Chen smiled shyly and started to walk beside me to the bus stop. It was an awkward silence because Chen was in general a quiet and shy guy ...and also because I couldn't manage to think of a way to ask him WHAT IN THE WORLD was he doing alone with Chanyeol earlier.Finally I broke the ice :

"Mmm Chen oppa... earlier why were you and Chanyeol-sshi together in the gym ? Don't get me wrong but he has this cool personality and barely talks with others beside the ones in the basketball team. "

"If they are gay Chanyeol's fangirls would be sooooo sad but I don't care I'll start a fanclub for those two "I thought.

Chen started laughing so hard that we needed to stop.

" Chanyeol? Cool?" He started to laugh again and for a few moments I thought he will pass out because of the lack of air. When he finally calmed a little bit he told me:

 " Yeolie? That idiot is anything but cool. Trust me! He is my brother...well technically step brother...but this doesn't matter."

OMG brothers?!!!! My dreams crushed into tiny peaces And hearing that Chanyeol wasn't cool in his free time surprised me.  I knew him (Indirectly but I knew him) for almost 4 years now and I HAVE NEVER seen him laughing or talking freely with others than his close friends! This can't be real !!!

" You are joking, right Chen Chen?" I asked making my cutest puppy eyes.

"Not even a bit. Seriously we are a bit different and so we decided to keep this a secret ...but you are my friend so I can tell you the truth Don't misunderstand!"

" Misunderstand what Chen Chen?" I said taking his hand in mine and swinging them both. " It's not like now, that I know your true relationship with Chanyeol, I will act different towards you or asking you for dates with your brother." I hugged him again.

I don't know why I acted so touchy with him. I didn't like him in the boyfriend way. Maybe because he was so cute and fragile looking but I was feeling the need to protect him, to hug him and never let him go.

" Chen Chen, Yeobo, Oppa, You cute human being are my friend and I honestly don't care about who your brother is. I treasure you, and love you, and care about you because YOU are an AMAZING person. Got me, honey?"

Well, maybe I got a little too excited because Chen Chen turned soooo red I thought he's going to explode. I laughed at his shy attitude and continue to walk

"Areum you are really a good friend!" I heard Chen saying and I think I blushed a little but I ignored it and said "You too oppa". Well is not like I'm an antisocial person. I love people but I don't trust them at the point when I can talk with them freely. But Hamin and right now Chen were the people I felt the most comfortable with.

"Chan Chen oppa. Why didn't you told me that you wanted to home with me? Why did you use Chanyeol sshi? You know, if you want this, we can always go home like this. And I will be careful to be on time at school every time so that you won't need to stay so long outside waiting for me. This days it's getting really cold outside, and I don't want you to catch a cold"

I always cared about people and wanted them to be happy,  but usually they don't care about me enouh to want me to be happy as well. But that's ok I think... Chen oppa helped me when I need it and I appreciate that from the bottom of my heart!

" Yah." I said punching Chen's shoulder lightly. " You were supposed to bring me home, not the other way around. You are DUMB." I said pouting and faking being angry at him."

"You are the dumb one. Who told you to walk me home,eh?"

" You, you are heartless . I told you how much I care about you and now...now you are acting like this?" I said, and, by some miracle, I managed to start spilling dozens of fake tears. The entire scene looked like one of those in k dramas: the girl crying because of the boy in front of his house and all this stuff and I think I deserve a prize for not cracking a laughter at how ridiculous all of this was.I know Chen is a top student but sometimes he is just STUPID !!! He looked at me speechless and didn't know what to do ...This boy is really something. When I saw his cute stupid face I couldn't hold in anymore so I started laughing so hard that people passing by were staring at me like I was a mad person.

" Yah! You! You just fooled me? How dare you to mess with me after I waited for you for two hours. I thought I will die from the cold.You are an evil witch, trust me." He said and smacked my head.

" You haven't touch my hair right now? Have you?" As a response he just smacked my head again.

" Ohhh I am so going to use my magic powers against you. I want to see how will you smack my head again if I turn you into a chicken." I said starting to chase him.

What didn't any of us seen was Chanyeol who came to see who caused the ruckus outside his otherwise peaceful house.

"Oh the girl earlier ...and she's with Chen? Well they look kind of close and she's kind of cute to ...YAH Chanyeol what are you talking about? You are NOT interested in this kind of things!! And now what? I talk to myself ?!!! I must become crazy or something AISH !!!"

That "AISH" was loud enough for me and  I just become speechless for the second time that day. I made a wrong impression in front of Chanyeol ...But why do I even care that much he's  a person just like me ...I'm right am I?

" . So I guess you finally finished a quarter of your Math homework. Congratulation bro! I didn't know that basketballers can think but you proved me wrong."Chen said laughing.

" You are talking about thinking Orange? Should I remind you who was running like a maniac five minutes ago screaming PLEASE DON"T TURN ME INTO A CHICKEN?" Chanyeol said laughing too.

I found myself laughing to because they were so cute and I saw a new side of Chanyeol that I never thought it existed ~ This day was so full I could write a novel about it!

" And why are you laughing?" Chanyeol asked. " If I remember you just fell because you couldn't walk properly. I even let this annoying orange to look after you because I was afraid that that fall damaged your brain cells"

"So Chen wasn't lying" I thought as I blushed a little 

'Well sorry for interrupting. I shall go home. Goodnight Chen oppa and thank you for the ride home or you should thank me!! Whatever Bye!~" 

I started running while I was replaying what Chanyeol said. By the time I reached my house I was out of breath, my knees were hurting really bad and my mind was a complicated soup of thoughts and scenarios about Chanyeol and his utterly confusing actions.

"Is he bipolar or something?" I thought while I stared at the ceiling like I could see there the future But I was woke up by the phone Hamin was calling to see if I arrived home safe

 " Hey Hamin, I just arrived home. You didn't have to worry about this, Chen walked me home...well technically I walked him but, considering the fact that he stays only two houses away maybe it will be safer to say that we walked each other home"

"WHAT ?Why did Chen walked you home? Are you that close or you don't tell me the entire story?!!  So I'm listening. What actually happened? Areum I know you for 6 years by now I know when you're not honest ...3 2 1 START Speaking"

"Well, you see the thing is..." I was on the verge of reviling the entire story when Chen's words popped in my mind. He trusted me enough to tell me his secret. I couldn't betray him.

" I have this ...hugecrushonhim since the first time I laid my eyes on him"  I said the first thing that came through my mind.

"OHHHH GOSHHH AERUM YOU ARE AN IDIOT" I thought when I realized what I have done and I started to curse myself for being so stupid.

"You what?!!!!!Hamin literally screamed "I can't believe you WHOA so that's why you wanted him to help you with that test?!! It wasn't because you're stupid but because you liked him? I'm speechless And  does he knows your feelings?"

"Well obviously I am not that stupid. Duhhh . I am not stupid at all. But NO, he doesn't know my feelings and OH HELL TO THE NO I am not going to confess to him."

"One sided love ~ How romantic yet heartbreaking is this^^ I 'll help you in your love life and I 'll make Chen fall for you Because I love you and you are my bestfriend!!"

"NO NO NO, please don't. I mean...arrrr...Chen is a great guy. He is mature, he is cute, smart, with a good sense of humor and I...I don't really deserve someone like him so please, I beg you from the bottom of my heart just let me deal with my feelings until they are gone so that I can be antisocial and creepy again"

"When are you gonna realise that you deserve to be happy ?!! I mean you always care about the others that you forgot yourself and that really hurts You are amazing and if you are to blind to realise that... I'm here to help you to"  

    "But I am happy. I have you, and Super Junior, and pasta and chocolate. Thank you for your kind words. I am happy. Really happy" I replayed but we both know that was a huge lie.

"You lie to yourself but what I can do ? You are the most stubborn girl I know! I gotta go now we have homework to do, you know ? You don't want to be punished again tomorrow, don't you?"

"Bye sweetie. Good luck with your homework. You will really need some" I said and the hanged up.

" Oh my god Aerum. What have you done? You idiotic human being it's not like you like Chen who is a really cute and smart guy who just happen to have this really really hot brother with a cool attitude an a dorky side and is just so damn good looking that you may mistaken him with a manga character"

I tried to do my homework just because I didn't want to be punished but I failed cause my mind was thinking about this day AH~ sooo many things in such a small time. I'm overwhelmed and tired and ugh those stupid emotions I don't really know how I feel ..."I guess I'll go to sleep"