Even if it Hurts

Caught in between

I didn't sleep at all that night. I was sitting in my bed with my headphones on, Trouble Maker's Now repeating over and over. Every time I tried to close my eyes, I saw Xiumin and Chanyeol's disappointed expressions.I still didn't knew what I did wrong . I was just being nice to Lay ...It's not like I didn't support Xiumin and his team . It is not my fault that they have this competition and they don't get along well. I should be the one who had to be mad, I mean Xiumin left me alone without saying a word ...

When the morning finally came I was looking like a zombie. I felt ...I don't think I can really describe the way I felt at that time. There were to many conflicted emotions mixed up. I was planning to tell my mother that I feel sick and beg her to let me stay at home but she barged in my room yelling:

"Why aren't you ready? Your friends are already here to pick you up!"

I wondered who came ...Must be Hamin and maybe Chen ...I don't expect Yeol or Xiumin.

I quickly put my uniform on. I didn't use any make up because I honestly didn't feel like looking pretty today and walked to the kitchen. Saying that I was surprised to see Chanyeol and Xiumin there would be an understatement. I was so socked that I couldn't find myself able to say even " Hi."

Why on earth are they even here ? They were supposed to be mad at me. I'm not prepared to see them leave alone having an entire conversation with them.

"We are sorry Areum. Slap us, yell at us but please...forgive us for acting like that towards you." Xiumin said with his head hung down.
" Oh my god, Areum what happened to you? Your eyes are all red and puffy and you look so pale. Please don't tell me that you cried! Areummie I am so sorry." Chanyeol said and in the next second embraced me.

"Of course I cried ...Whenever I tried to sleep I saw how dissapointed you gusy looked at me yesterday and I felt guilty and I hated myself and and now you come here and say it was your fault and it wasn't and I still don't understand why Xiumin oppa left me alone yesterday and ..."

I kept saying nonsenses while starting to cry again. I hate that I am so influentable!

" It wasn't your fault. Areum, baby, look at me!"
I look at his face and I saw tears threatening to fall from his beautiful dark brown eyes.
" Baby, Areummie. I am sorry. It was us who over reacted. You don't have anything to blame yourself for. I ...I was jealous of the way you ran and panicked when you saw Lay hurting. I was jealous of you caring so much about him despite meeting him for the first time. I also...felt hurt and ... No, I have no excuses. I hurt you and I am sorry!"
"It's ok ....don't worry. Let's just forget about what happened yesterday ...It wasn't the best day of our life so let's just erase it .And you don't have to be jealous. Lay is a person I have met ...well he looks good but "
" But what?"
"Well, come to think about it, Lay has something special..."
I love to see his face when he gets flustrated.
" You are mean! Tell me that you are just mean and you don't actually believe this."
"Yup, I'm just mean. "
" You two are gross. Stop it! Anyway, it's time for school!" Xiumin said raising from his chair.
"Ok. I have to walk slower because I fell so my ankle still hurts as hell."
" I can carry you!"
" No, I will carry her Chanyeol. I am a dancer, so I have more strenght than you."
"I can walk by myself just slower so don't worry!"
"No! After all, your injury is my fault. ! Come, jump on my back!"

"Ugh fine just don't hurt yourself and walk slowly! "

These boys are so childish. I even heard Chanyeol cursing when I choose Xiumin over him.

 
When we arrived at school the girls were staring at me angrily.What have I done wrong again?!!Why is always my fault ??!
 
" Give her to me Xiumin. The girls are glaring at you. I will take her to class. " Chanyeol said quietly enough that only me and Xiumin heard what he said.
"I can walk alone from here. No comments ! "
" And I can stalk you until you arrive to your classroom. No comments!" Chanyeol replied.
"Ugh ok, but stay away from me! I don't want to get killed or something by your fangirls. "
" As you want princess." He said following me close.
"I said keep the distance !!!"
"I'm keeping it. It's not like I hug you." He said taking my right hand in his.
I started to blush but kept my mouth shut. I can't win an argument with this guy.
" Good luck with your classes Aerummie! See you at lunch!" He said kissing my forehead.
"Stop that ,people are staring !"
" Of course they are staring. We look perfect together." He replied leaving.
"Psh I look better with Hyunseung oppa!"
" Too bad he is with Hyuna noona.!" He yelled before entering his classroom.
"Hate you" I yelled back.
 
As I sat on my place my phone buzzed. I took it out and saw I recieved a message from Chanyeol. I opened it but, as I read it, I managed to drop the phone.
From: Dumb Yeol:
Love you
sent at 9:20 AM
"I don't :P"
I send him the message just to see what he was going to answer.
" Might as well do it because I don't plan to give up on you bunny."

I didn't answered to that.

" Areum, after classes the dance team will ...well will dance. Come with me please!" Hamin whispered.

"Ok, I will. "

 

I went together with Hamin to the dance practice...I must say I'm a fail when it comes to move my feet to music so I was not that excited.

Everybody was already there and when they saw Hamin they started to clap their hands and say: Haminnie welcome in our team!

Well altrough every one was excited about Hamin's presence I must say that there was a person who was beyond just excited. Xiumin looked more than happy to see Hamin :
"Finally! I thought you forgot about us!"
" Me? How can I? I am so excited to be part of this team. Guys you don't know how grateful I am!"
"You are an amazing dancer so we are the ones who should be grateful. " Suho said while blushing a little.
Well, Suho was always a cutie and seeing him blush made me squeal. Well, I am not mad or creepy. The kid, who so happens to be older than me, is just to cute for his own good.
"Now now let's get started " Xiumin said quite annoyed.
 
I took a sit on one of the benches and looked at the dance team who started stretching wondering how they managed to move with such grace and fluidity.
If I would even try to make one step I would probably look like one of the most retarded beings on earth.
" Hey, Hamin, do you know how to dance on Trouble Maker's Trouble Maker? We are joining this dance competitions between high schools and we wanted to dance on a similar chorography." Xiumin said.
"I know how to, but that doesn't mean I can do it."
You know, I'm a fail: I can't be y even if I want." Hamin added when the boys looked at her with a poker face.
" At least give it a try!" Said Suho.
"Oh, ok. I'll try for Suho oppa, but don't even think to laugh at me. I warn you!!"
" Ok, I will be your man then." Xiumin said, and , after that, the music started playing.
I must say that their dance was like a story: it captivated me so much that I couldn't say even my own name if you asked me about it.
"WOW!" was all anyone could say.
"It was perfect! You guys are perfect!"
" No it wasn't. It was... not so good." Hamin said.
" Well, excuse me , but that was AWESOME! We will rock the floor with you dancing like this. I already have a choreography in my mind." Xiumin said patting her head and then proceeding to explain their new dance routine.
"OMG they look like they were made for each other !" I thought.
"When are they gonna realize that they should start dating????"
" Well we should start with me dancing with Hamin and then Suho will take her and spin her like 2 times and then she will have some kind of wave or leg showing and then the two of you will take her into your arms...and some sync moves and...let's see how this looks."
"Wow! I'm sooooo confused: I don't even know what I'm doing here with you guys ...It seems like you are talking about math. "
" Come one Areum! It's not that hard to understand. It one, two, three step. Grab Xiumin, shake, spin wave. Or something between this lines." Hamin said while showing the moves to me.
" Come one, you can give it a try too!" Xiumin said grabing my hand.
"Nooononono! I'm not dancing! I'll kill you! I'm that clumsy " I said while trying to escape him.
" Oh, come here , you big unsure baby." He said pulling me towards him.
Unfortunately, he pulled me a little to hard so we just fell on the wooden floor, me over him. Our faces were only centimeters apart and I suddenly felt my hear beating : Padum Padum. I quickly came back into the real world and get up in no time ...I must say I was blushing so hard my cheeks were burning.
"I told you I'm clumsy... " I managed to say.
 
" What are you doing here? This looks like a rated movie ...not that I watch those kind of movies. Anyway ....XIUMIN YOU CAN'T CORRUPT PRECIOUS BABY AREUM!"
I heard Chanyeol's husky voice from behind me. I was so happy to hear Yeol's voice! He saved me from an unapropriate moment.
"What is a basketball player doing at a dance practice? " Xiumin asked.
" Well I don't know what basket ball players are usually doing at a dance practice, but I know that I am here in search of my beautiful beloved wife. You know, I must walk her home."
"Once again, I'm not your wife !!!! But I'm more than happy to go home with you !! These people want to make me look like an idiot. Oppa you won't let that happen, right?"
" Yah, you ballerinas! Why are you treating my baby like this?" Chanyeol said taking my hand.
"Xiumin I had greater expectation from you: I thought you know that treating * Cough Cough* MY * Cough Cough* Areummie bad is a No-No."
"No dance for Areummie! " I said pointing my finger at Xiumin like a five year old.
"Now, oppa, let's leave these people to move their feet and arms in weird ways. "
" Oh, but I want to watch this! It's like a movie. Come, sit in my arms. It will be like a movie date...well except the surroundings and the presence of a real movie."
He's such a weirdo sometimes but I'm used by now with him .
I smiled and pulled him to seat down next to me.
" But I want to hold you in my arms!" he said giving me his killer puppy eyes.
"Ughhhh Stop acting like a baby !!! Fine fine do as you want! I don't care anymore !"
It's not like I could say no to his puppy eyes.
" You know, holding you in my arms feels so... right." He said kissing my cheek and increasing my blood pressure so much that I was afraid my veins will explode.
"Stop or I'll go home by myself ! " I said glaring at him.
This boy should learn how to behave in public. We are not even dating.
" Why are you bad again baby?"
" Chanyeol let the poor girl be. It is clear that she is not interested!" Xiumin yelled while doing a spin.
"Yeah, like you know her tastes. I'm her ideal type for sure. "
Gosh he is so confident and arogant sometimes that I want to slap him !!!
" My ideal type is Yunhyung oppa from Team B... and you don't look like him at all so ...Sorry, I'm not interested."
" Well thank you for being so cute and lovely with me again today. It was...awesome." Chanyeol said giving me a sad smile and then raising from the bench and preparing to leave.
I knew I had to make him feel better so I ran after him and shouted:
"Yah Park Chanyeol wait for your wife !!! I can't walk home without my funny hunny! "
" Come one, let's go home." He said taking my hand in his and interviewing our fingers.
For a couple of minutes it was quiet but the silence was broken by him:
" You...you really like to play with my feelings, don't you? It's good for you to know that no matter how many times you make me sad, jealous , uneasy, with your remarks and your attitudes at the end of the day I will still going to stick around you because I am that stupid and... I fell for you that hard that being with you hurts but being without you hurts even more. Playing with my heart like this: being cute and lovely with me one second and then , the other second, act like you don't give a damn about my feelings...it really hurts. My heart aches so bad every time I am around you... You know, I don't say that you should love me or accept me if you don't want this...but please think about my feelings too."
"Earlier I said that you are not my type...but I never said that when you hold my hand I don't feel goosebumps. I never said how my heart melts whenever I see you smiling at me. Because of you I'm going crazy and maybe that's why I try to be distant ...I'm affraid I'll fall for you so hard it will hurt . So you are not my type...you are the one who made me change it. "
" You know...it's something funny about this entire situation. We are both scared about our feelings...and they bring us pain....but, despite all of this, we keep leaning on each other."
"Yeah funny but in the same time sad ...I had a crush on you for a while now and I got to know you and all seemed fine until you confessed ...that was unexpected so that's why I pulled back. I'm sorry!"
" You had a crush? On me? And....I didn't notice? How can I be so dumb?"
"Well I wasn't the crazy fangirl type...I was admiring you from afar. But I thought you were unapproachable and cold so I never imagined I'll be close to you. "
" I look cold? I mean...look at my face! Even Luhan teases me about my cute appearance. He says I look like a freaking chinchilla! A chinchilla! Can you imagine this? And is baby faced Luhan that we are talking about!"
"Well it wasn't my fault I never saw you laughing with others than your team. You barely talked with anyone else !"
" You see how weird I am! Of course I would only talke to them! You see...they are my team. I am their leader. They are supposed to stick around me no matter how creepy I am."
I laughed at that. Chanyeollie was really an awesome guy. Unfortunately, my laugh didn't last long because soon I saw him change his expression.
" Yeollie, what happened?"
" Areum...if...right now...If I kiss you right now...how will you react?"
I was shocked so I couldn't say a single word. I guess he got that as a "go on kiss me " because the next moment I felt his lips touching mine while he was hugging my waist.
 
Even now, I don't now why or how , but in that exact moment with his lips on mine and with the world around us fading away I felt that I was complete...that the part of my heart that was always missing was finally put back in the place where it belonged.
 

We kind of made a views target so beacause of that and also because we are really busy with school these days the chapter update will be delayed one week or so hope you'll understand ~^^