Like the sky, cover me with yourself

Caught in between

It was the date day and I was so damn nervous. I was staring dumbly at the tons of clothes that were displayed on my bed and on the floor thinking which of them will make me look prettier.

 I don't usually like to dress-up in fancy clothes but this was a special ocassion so I asked my designer a.k.a. mum what should I wear ...I mean she knows what she's doing. She's an expert.

"Well, is my baby trying to impress her boyfriend? Oh, honey, you are a big girl now. Mommy is so proud of you!" She said faking tears.

"Mum you are over-reacting !! I don't want to impress anybody! I just don't want to look ugly and stupid, so help me and no more embarrassing questions please!" 

My mum acts more teen than me. Ugh!

" Okay, I got it. From what I seen, your non-boyfriend non-crush and definately NOT WANTING TO IMPRESS guy likes the girly fresh type. Why don't you go with a short skirt, over sized sweater and ribbons?"

"Mum I'm 18 no ribbons for me. I want to look like a teenager not like a 5 year old."

" Gosh, are your retarded? Neah, you can't be my girl. A big ribbon around your neck will look awesome."

"Mum I'm serious ...I'm a present or something ?!?!  Gosh you are an adult act like one!!"

" Duh do whatever you want but I still believe Chanyeol sshi would be in heaven if he sees you with that damned ribbon." Mom said before going outside.

Thank God she left. I can choose my clothes alone too, I'm not retarded or something ...I actually can't ....I don't have any fashion sense.

" What umma said? Ok skirt: Checked. Over sized sweater: Checked. Ribbon: NO...maybe...well mom always has a point. Ok, damn it I will wear it!"

I did my hair in some loose curls and I put some natural make-up on my face and I was ready to go. I checked myself in the mirror and I have to admit that I looked cute and pretty like those idols ...well maybe not that pretty but still...

When I entered the kitchen to say goodbye to umma and appa I had one of the biggest shocks in my life. Chanyeol was at the kitchen table laughing and making jokes with....DAD. It's not that dad is an unfriendly person, quite the contrary, but he is not the one to talk with my friends...especially if they are guys. I swear this kid is a wizard because there is no way he can make anybody like him in just minutes. Well I'm the special one. He can't make me like him from the start. Psh! He's not that great!

" Appa!" I said cutely.

" Wait a little bit Areummie, Chanyeol was telling me about the funny and ironic parts in Haruki's Murakami new book, the one that I never got the time to read ...and you know how much I admire this author."

"But appa I'm your daughter I have priority!! Omma , appa is ignoring me Do something !!"

DumbYeol was taking control over my dad and he seemed totally fine with that.

" Oh come on darling. Do you want to hear dad talking non-stop about that book again and besides, you should be happy that he and your non-boyfriend are actually get along pretty well."  mom whispered into my ear.

"Yah Chanyeol we are going to be late !!! Hurry up! I hate being late you can talk to appa another time ...Actually no!  You are not going to come again here !!! "

I was jealous of him for stealing my father: no way they could meet again. 

He looked at me and he started to cough really bad. I was scared so, in a second, I was beside him, patting his back. " Oppa, what happened?" I asked worried when he calmed down a bit.

" Areum sshi is so pretty."

"Yah you scared me for no reason !!! "

I hit his arm not so hard but he started to overreact like I at least broke his ...such a crybaby

"Anyway now that you are ok we should get going."

As we left the house I saw umma winking at me. That woman!

I was so excited for the date and not because of Chanyeol but because of the other two couples. I mean they'd look so cute together ...I hope I'm a great cupid and they'll fall for each other in the end.

When we arrived there Xiumin and Hamin were happily talking about something that sounded dance related and didn't even notice our existence, while Jieun was blushing while trying to make conversation with Chen. But Chen Chen was an awkward potato and didn't knew what to do ...*sigh*. I must to do something ASAP!!

" Jieun unnie! I am so happy to see you again. Chen, have you eaten the cupcakes Jieun unnie made by the new recipe? They are so tasty!"

Jieun looked at me mouthing a Thank you while Chen looked somehow relieved that I stepped in the conversation ...Gosh is going to be more difficult than I expected it to be.

" You use a new recipe? I want to try the cookies!"

" Well, I told Chanyeol to bring you some when he stopped at the bakery....but he ate them all."

"Yeah he did that because he wanted you to go there by yourself. You always stay at home studying. It is not good for your health to do that."

How can I help them if they are so awkward together?

" Well I didn't want to just show there. What if she was to busy? "

Stupid Chen... 

"Nonsense! She would be more than happy to see you. Right Jieun unnie?"

She shyly nodded and whispered a little "Of course"

" Bro' this girl said you are always welcome at her bakery, despite her being busy most of the time. You should at least hug her." Chanyeol said in his deep voice.

Chen showed a surprised look while Jieun blushed. They hugged but it was the most awkward hug in the history: like when your parents made you hug your relatives in childhood.

" Kim Jongdae, we really have to discuss when we arrive at home." Chanyeol said now sounding really annoyed. Frankly, seeing Chanyeol like this was quite frightening.

But let's step over this moment. It was an uncomfortable start but as the date went on all of us had fun ...Even Chen Chen and Jieun.

" Hey guys, I wanted to tell you something. Next week-end I have this dance battle with Lay and...would you like to come? I would really appreciate it. I mean, I just don't want to be there with Lay and his team. They are scary, trust me."

"Omo that Lay guy is turning into a robot when the music starts. But don't worry Xiumin-sshi you are better! " Hamin really knows all about dance I don't even know Lay ...I feel stupid.

" Come on, Xiumin, not all of Lay's team are that bad. Kai and DO are pretty awesome guys." said Chanyeol.

Now I really felt like I wasn't part of the conversation

"Yeah they are good too but in the other team is also that guy, Taemin. He's no joke. "

I never saw Xiumin so nervous before.

 "Oppa, we'll come to support you don't worry !" at least I can make him feel better.

" Yeah, we can bring banners with supporting messages and other stuff like that! I mean, I know you guys need a lot of support. Especially Suho. He is never one to trust himself but since he was defeated he is seriously doubting himself. Last time I talked to him, I felt like crying. It broke my heart to see Suho like that." Jieun said in a sad tone.

" Come on, I saw Suho two days ago. He wasn't cheerful or anything but he wasn't as sad as you described him, too. He is a big guy...must learn how to deal with defeat." Chen replied with an angry scowl.

"I guess someone is a little jealous" I whispered to Chanyeol.

He laughed a little and nodded.

"I know deep in his heart he's broken. I can faeel it. I'll support Suho! " Jieun said while sticking her tongue at Chen.

" Too busy to bring me cupcakes, but free enough to draw banners for Suho." he said making puppy eyes and looking sad.

So Funky Funky Chen has feelings for Jieun too. Omo so cute !!! But if he's this stupid he'll end up alone while Jieun will be with Suho. Ugh. Can't they confess to each other already?!

" I'll make banners for you too. And I will bring you cookies. Nae?" Jieun said attacking Chen with aegyo.

"I'm waiting..." Chen said with a sassy tone .

He's such a drama queen!

" Oppa...oppa, sorry for making you annoyed." Jieun said hugging Chen.

" Mianhe." She said bowing her head.

As for the Hamin & Xiumin couple things look good ...maybe Xiumin is seeing Hamin just as a friend but is only the beginning so I'm calm.

" Yeobo? Are you tired? Come here!" Yeol said hugging my waist.

"I'm just fine. Now get your hands off me before I'll hurt you. Friends don't do skinship like that ...Remember?! "

I won't fall for him NO WAY!!

" Just shut up! We are a couple for today!" He whispered into my ear, smiling to the others when he observed them watching us.

"Ugh! Just today and after that no more stupid actions, OK?!"

I regret planning this date already. My relationship status doesn't matter. First I have to help Hamin.

" Nae baby. You know we always do as you said." He replied kissing my cheek.

I blushed at his sudden action and because, I was frustrated I stabbed his ribs. He started to overreact again but at least he let go of me. Victory~!

" Baby, why are you making your boyfriend sad?" he said emphasizing the word boyfriend.

"Because I can and because I want. "

Did I just accepted him as my boyfriend?!?! Stupid Areum Stupid!!!

" With how much money did he paid you to be his girlfriend?" Xiumin and Chen said together.

"Not enough ...I don't even know why I accepted but is only temporary. Tomorrow I'm free!"

I love to make fun of Chanyeol^^

" I hate you!" Chanyeol took his milkshake and left the cafe leaving us looking dumbfounded behind him.

"Did I said something wrong?"I asked the others.

They lift their shoulders not knowing what was wrong with Yeol either. I did a quick think and rushed after him.

" Paboooo! Chanyeol! Yah Park where are you?"

" Leave me alone Areum !"

He was sitting on the cold pavement looking pissed off.

" Why would I?" I answered.

" Why wouldn't?"

" Why are you this angry?"

" Why do you act like you care, now?"

" Why are you acting like this Chanyeol?"

"Because...."

Before I had the time to comprehend what he was trying to do he managed to get up and....kissed me. I wasn't fully capable of understanding what really happened when I heard his voice:

" Because ...this."

I couldn't think. I was unable to move. I lost all my senses...D-did he just kissed me ?!?! How? ...Why? ...

"Yah Chanyeol what was that?!" I barely managed to say.

" It was what it was. It was a damned kiss. Yeah it was me kissing you. Lips on lips. Why? Oh if you don't understand why then you are really stupid and I am a loser. Oh, wait! I am a loser already!" He said leaving.

"Ottokaji ?! Should I go after him ? Think faster Areum !!!!"

" Yah Chanyeol! Wait ! Yaaah you! Wait! Damn you Park Chanyeol stop running! I have short legs!"

He stopped all of a sudden so I bumped into him.

" Damn Chanyeol you should have stopped running when I told you!"

" Why? So that I can hear you rejecting me. Thank you but, no thank you. It was already hard to do that. It was even harder to fall for you in one second and bear all the hours and days that follow after it. It was torture ... seeing you, hearing you but not having you seeing me that way. IT ING HURTS. So just let me alone Areum shhi! It's enough."

He said still sitting with his back facing me. He sounded so broken that it made me cry. I didn't now what hurt so much: seeing him hurt because of me, or the possibility of him wanting to go away from me.

Without thinking I hugged his waist:

" Damn you Chanyeol! I don't know my feelings towards you...not that clearly! But I can't see you hurt, it hurts me too. I only want to see you smile...forever. But you know what's even harder for me to accept? The thought that you will step out of my life. I know it's probably selfish from my side ...but you came into my life and made me sad, and made me happy but mostly you made me feel alive. I don't know how this happened in this short amount of time but you became one of the most important pieces of my life and I just don't want to let you go!"

I felt relieved to say those words My heart felt lighter.

"Is too early to accept your confession. I was hurt once .Now I'm more cautious .I don't want to rush  things. But Please promise me you won't leave me I need your friendship. "

He finally faced me and hugged me.

" I won't leave you! Never ! I will always be the one sitting by you side. But promise me that you...you aren't going to just step out from my life someday and pretend I never existed." He said and I felt his hot tears on my neck.

"How can I do that ?! I can't leave a cute lost puppy all alone I'm not that cruel You know?Now I'll send a message to the others so that they won't wait for us ...they can survive without us And I'll take you home ...Is been a long day "

I took his hand and we started walking together. Despite the secrets that we never shared and the things that laid unspoken between us at that time, that walk...is one of the memories I will certainly not forget. His big hands, and genuine smile despite the tiredness and hurt that laid in his beautiful eyes....him just being there, walking beside me and covering me in his presence....

Being with him was all that I needed...

It was PERFECT