Playing on broken strings

Caught in between

 

Next day I was feeling down. I just didn't want to see Xiumin and Chanyeol ...

"Ugh I want my boring life back ...at least it was quiet!"

My parents were surprised to see me back in my school uniform and looking as plain as usual but, fortunately, they didn't say anything about it. I just didn't felt like making myself look pretty after an entire night of crying. I could see on their faces that they were worried about me ...but I know that they were used to this behavior of mine after the break-up with Baekhyun.

"I will get going now."

" Okay baby, have fun" my mother said hugging me.

I arrived in the class room right when the bell ranged signaling that the classes started.

" At least I won't need to confront anybody until lunch." I mumbled sighing in relief.

After some boring hours it was lunch time.

 "I wonder if I can sneak so I won't see anybody "I thought ...but right after that I heard an angelic voice calling me.

" Hey Xiumin oppa. I am glad to see you. I gotta go'. See you later. Bye!" I said and then I started running towards a classroom that I knew it will be empty at that time.

I think I left him speechless and now, thinking about it, I'm sorry but at that time I just couldn't talk with him.The talk with Chanyeol from last night made me confused and... ugh so many emotions that I can't describe.I was pretty much a mess.

I was sitting on a chair just enjoying the silence of the empty classroom when I heard some voices that were sounding familiar. Curious,I rose from the chair and walked towards the door, hoping to catch their name from the conversation that was going on between them.

I was shocked to find out the owners of the voices were no other than Chanyeol and Xiumin. Now, I was more than curious to find out what were they talking about.

" You have done something, didn't you, Chanyeol?"

" Why did you think this is MY fault?". "Maybe because on Saturday she was with me and she was happy and was smiling and was NOT avoiding us?"

" But why the hell are you ALWAYS blame me for every damn thing that isn't right? I am NOT that bad so please stop acting like I am some kind of wicked wizard that destroys girls' happiness!"

"But that's just what you are .Always messing with girls hearts ; always acting like a playboy . I just know it was your fault So tell me what did you said to her before I'm loosing my patience and you'll gonna regret it."

Xiumin's voice was so different than what I was used too... so cold, so powerful... I have to admit that I was a little scared of what was going to happen next.

" Oh, what will you do, Xiumin? Hit me again? Come on, do it. I ing don't care if you hit me anymore. I told you. What happened with Soyu was an ACCIDENT. DO YOU HEAR ME? AN ACCIDENT! I didn't know that you liked her and I didn't think that she ....she would really fall for me. Well, for recording, I didn't believe someone could fall for someone as messed up as me. Gosh, Xiumin you know me. Why haven't you trusted me back then and...why don't you trust me now? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!"

I felt like I shouldn't hear them talking about their private life but I was also worried that they were going to fight, so I stayed to hear the whole conversation.

"If you are going to mess with Areum too I swear I'm going to kill you bastard" Xiumin threatened Chanyeol.

 "She suffered a lot in the past so I'm not letting you hurt her again." 

" WHY ISN'T ANYBODY THINKING ABOUT ME? Don't hurt Areum. Oh, Xiuminnie oppa is a lot better than you and he deserves someone to take care of him and treat him well. That's nice, really. But how about: Chanyeol, how are you feeling. Are you ok? Are you hurt? Chanyeol, you too are an amazing person who deserves love. Oh, right, let's forget about Chanyeol and about the fact that he, too, has feelings."

"Let's forget about Chayeol because he forgets about us too. Do you know what happened to Areum?I guess you don't. Well two years ago her boyfriend ,the person she loved the, most dumped her for her bestfriend, HER BESTFRIEND. Sounds familiar doesn't it? Now she can't trust other boys because she feels insecure and she's afraid this is going to happened again."

Xiumin described my feeling perfectly: I felt insecure and I couldn't trust anybody. He knew exactly how I felt.

" Maybe you are right...as always. I will do as you want: I will stop talking to her and seeing her...because, in the end, I am just Chanyeol. The dumb, ordinary, boring Chanyeol. Chanyeol, the playboy who play with everyone's heart. The jerk. Yeah, Xiumin, I will do this the way you want to."

I could hear the hurt in his voice even. I believed he will continue but, in the and, all that I heard was the sound of footsteps.

Why? Why do we have to experience such feelings like pain, insecurity, sadness ? All those bad feelings, why do they exist? I will never understand.

After the lunch time I felt so guilty, so bad. I hated myself for hurting Chanyeol and also for ignoring Xiumin. Maybe Chanyeol was right: I never really cared about him. It took me a while to realize that, behind his mask, he was a human and he suffered too, just like me and Xiumin. I wanted to talk with him but, also, I didn't know what to say to him. Why?

I didn't know what I was supposed to do, but I also know that I couldn't let Chanyeol like this. After the classes were over I ran straight to Xiumin.

" Oppa"

He was surprised to see me and was about to say something but I cut him off:

" I hear you and Chanyeol talking. I don't know what happened with the two of you in the past and, anyway, it's your problem and I am not allowed to know it. But the thing is, me ignoring you...it really wasn't Chanyeol's fault. He didn't do nothing wrong to me. Oppa, Chanyeol is hurt and you know it too. Oppa, please...Chanyeol needs someone. I would go by myself to him but I really don't know what to tell him and, also, I don't know if he will want to talk to me so please...Xiumin oppa, please come with me." I said and I felt tears running on my cheeks.

My storm of words must have been a good thing because Xiumin was startled and he accepted to go with me .We found Chanyeol in the gym, playing his guitar.

 "Remember me why did I accepted to come with you?!" Xiumin said.

 "Because Chanyeol is your best friend and because he's hurt " I said, but honestly I, myself, didn't know why Xiumin accepted to come.

" That idiot is NOT my..."

" Xiuminnie oppa please shut up. We aren't here to discuss about the status of your relationship with Chanyeol. We are here because Chanyeol needs us." I said smacking his head.

I was too concentrate on Xiumin so I didn't observe that I made Chanyeol realize our presence there.

His big brown eyes where at the point when they almost popped out. He was more than surprised to see us there .But, in like a second, he returned to his cold heart self:

 "What are you doing here ...a date maybe? Well, you have to find another place because I came here first" his voice was as sharp as a blade.

" Xiumin TELL him NOW!" I said.

" I don't tell him anything. You said I was supposed to come here to accompany you not to talk with him".

" Jerk." I said harshly.

" What did you wanted to tell me? That the two of you are a couple? Why? I am not your mother so it's not like you need my approval or blessing or whatever this is called." he said trying to sound angry but it was easy to sense the hurt is his voice.

" Actually we came here to tell you that we may be some insensitive brats but we are still your friends and you can count on us. Sorry about Xiumin's outburst: he's still in his denial phase."

I could see that he didn't expect that answer and I think I saw his eyes sparkle a little ...just a little bit but I don't know if it was just my imagination. 

"Why do you act like you care? What happened? Is it pity or what?" again the jerk inside him spoke.

 "I don't pity anybody Park Chanyeol. I just care about you. Is there something wrong with that?"

"We ...well, her mostly, are sorry for all we said and we want to be cool with you ." Xiumin added.

" Xiumin oppa, you are my friend so I feel that I must tell you that you are a dumb again. We didn't came here to be cool with him. We came here because he is our big idiot. Come here you, big kid." I said hugging Chanyeol despite his protests.

"And what are you waiting for?" I asked Xiumin.

 "What? I'm not hugging him!!"

"Oh you'll hug him I warn you !!!You don't want to see me mad"

" Fine mother I'll hug the jerk-I looked at him with my death glare - the awesome friend. Friend. I was going to say friend. Aish!"

When they hugged, the first second was awkward but after that, I swear they were as real as KyuMin soooo sweet~

"Now, given the fact that the two of you are nice kids, I will take you to my place and treat you with home made dinner. How does this sounds?"

They started to smile like two idiots. UGH Boys these days all they think about is food. 

"But are your parents ok with the fact that two boys are coming at dinner or you do that often?"

JerkYeol was,again, teasing me.

 "Well they are at work right now and yeah I always bring Kingas at dinner so don't worry they are cool with that" I said in a sarcastic tone.

" I won't dinner with him unless you cook baozi." Xiumin said pouting and hitting the ground with his right foot like a five years old child.

"Aigooo so cute! " I pinched his cheeks.

 "Minseokie Noona is going to make baozi for a little Baozi like you .Ok?"

He started to blush and he was just too cute for my poor heart.

As I arrived at home, I started to make the food. Having those two idiots I called my friends hitting the dinner table with their fists while begging for some food really made me happy. I knew that their relationship was far from perfect but I was glad that, at least for that night, they were able to smile together.

"Ok, there you go your. Baozi are ready. Hope you like it~ "

I was expecting for reactions like ...eternal love but...

 "Well these are not the best baozi I have eaten but ...I guess they are eatable" JerkYeol striked again.

 "Yeah I had better too ...I'm not impressed."  Xiumin. the one I trusted the most , betrayed me and my cooking skills.

So they united to tease me Me, the one who made them friends again?!?!

Well, if they were going to act like this...I could put up a little act too.

" Well ...you know ,I did my best. Sorry it wasn't what the two of you expected. I am going upstairs" I said in the best sad tone I could manage.

"Areum-ah I was kidding" Both of them said it in the same time.

I faced them and I started to laugh like crazy:

"You stupid boys I make the best baozi in town! Your childish act is so cute! Aigoo!!! Is good to see you doing something together even if this is the two of you trying to annoy me .Now, now. We must work on your team work guys. So, what is a better start than washing the dishes...together?"

"I have never washed the dishes!! " Princess Yeol argued.

 "Can't you see I don't care ? Xiumin didn't complained. He's a true gentleman! You Princess, you should thank me for the dinner and wash them without arguing. " I said in a bossy tone and I could hear Xiumin laughing in the kitchen.

" Aigoo unnie, you are bad to me again. Wae? Xiuminnieeee. unnie is bad to me!" Chanyeol said running in the kitchen and hugging Xiumin for dear life despite the fact that he was a lot taller.

I loved this Chanyeol! I loved the true Chanyeol: he was just to cute for words.

 "Is ok Yeolie-ah ,I can handle the dishes alone." Xiumin, the most sweet and carrying boy in the world, said.

 "Then I'll help you oppa~"

And with that me and Xiumin washed the dishes while Chanyeol was sitting beside us doing nothing such as a Sissy Princess!

" I could get used to this. The the three of us laughing and the pale lighting offered by the kitchen's light bulb covering us in a gigantic hug." I thought at that moment.

As I told you before, teenage years are the best ones. With ups and downs that make our life more colourful.
That night I was happy again I wished that in the future everything would be like in that night: happy and peaceful

 Now too, I wish for happiness cause in the end that's all that matters~!

 

 

 


Due to the start of school here in Romania we are going to update new chapters in the week-end. Hope you'll understand~ 

Till next time XiuYeol for all of you ~ Annyeong~